10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    You're complaining about arrow physics in a movie where a guy can fly by throwing his own hammer and holding onto it, flying with it.
    You want me to believe something not realistic? Fine. Give me a reason first. Thor is a demi god from another world. Hulk was exposed to radiation (I think? Never saw those). Captain America did his thing in the machine. Stark was a genius and made a suit of armor. What do we know about Hawkeye? Some criminal merc that happens to be better with a bow than a gun? He's portrayed as 100% human, and therefore anything behind human that he does causes concern.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    The fact of the matter is, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at that altitude with a bow and arrow. Even sniper rifles, the most powerful guns in the world meant to drop targets ranging in miles, have to account for wind speeds. Low ground wind speeds at that. So if a tiny metal ball flying at 500-900 Meters per second (Ranging from 0-600 meters declining respectively), then how will a large shafted arrow with wings meant to catch wind moving at about 60 meters per second (that's a heavy bow) fired from high altitudes compare?
    When I say it's realistic, I mean it's realistic for the universe that it's set in.

If anyone tries to tell me "OH BUT IT'S NOT REALISTIC BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK HOW OUR UNIVERSE WORKS" then I just think they're a few sandwiches short of a picnic.
    Because let's face it, in the case of the Avengers, it's set in an alternate universe where hi-tec supersuits exist, where a scientist can turn into a giant, green monster, where a scrawny boy from Brooklyn can be turned into a supersoldier at the peak of human physical perfection through a serum, etc. etc.

If you ever, EVER try to complain about something like the Avengers and their characters not being 'realistic' then I'm just gonna die laughing. Realistic is relative to the universe it's set in, and in the case of the Marvel universe, it's as far from 'realistic' - compared to our world - as you can get.

I don't know much about physics, alright? Nor do I know much about weaponry, how it's fired and what affects the ammunition. I can't argue against you with facts about it because I don't know about that stuff.
    But you can't ever try to say that something is 'unreasonable' because it doesn't fit to the norms of our universe, when it's purposely set in an alternative one.

Seriously, why can't you just enjoy the movie?
    Why do you have to nitpick at the smallest of details in a movie where certain rules don't apply?

You want me to believe something not realistic? Fine. Give me a reason first. Thor is a demi god from another world. Hulk was exposed to radiation (I think? Never saw those). Captain America did his thing in the machine. Stark was a genius and made a suit of armor. What do we know about Hawkeye? Some criminal merc that happens to be better with a bow than a gun? He's portrayed as 100% human, and therefore anything behind human that he does causes concern.

Like I said, alternative universe. You don't know what humans are entirely capable of in the Marvel universe, do you?
    Because humans in that universe were smart enough to produce the serum - in the 1940s or so - that turned Captain America into what he is.
    Tony Stark is entirely human and he produced all that technology that we're not even close to - including the suit.

All. Completely. Human.
    And just because Tony is a 'genius' and not a physical fighter doesn't make him any less acceptable as 'normal.'
    Tony is seriously skilled at the workings of the mind - Clint is seriously skilled at the workings of a bow.

So, I don't get it.
    Last edited by Teramelle; 2012-05-10 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ahahaha it really amuses me that there i a discussion in this thread about the avengers xD

10+ Year Old Account
    You're complaining about arrow physics in a movie where a guy can fly by throwing his own hammer and holding onto it, flying with it.
    some people just cant accept it and roll with the awwesomeness its unrealistic yes but a man in a tin can a guy with a shield and a norse god are ok........me gusta?

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    It may have to do with dovashy's intervention but from what she told me. Isi vanquished what was controlling her.
    Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    * sits down in front of Anders
    oh.. well.. you see... it didn't exactly went as planned... which is good because you know... uhm... Dova helped me... to cure the Hunger...
    So.. Everything turned out okay?
    * looks around worriedly
    Oh no... I may have done something terribly stupid then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but...

What about the bow and arrow? What kind of tech was in those?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Another argument? Pass me that popcorn.

His bow could be technologically enhanced to fire arrows with enough force to behave like they do in the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    When I say it's realistic, I mean it's realistic for the universe that it's set in.
    Snip
    So, I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    some people just cant accept it and roll with the awwesomeness its unrealistic yes but a man in a tin can a guy with a shield and a norse god are ok........me gusta?
    See Below for your answer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storeandersfn View Post
    * looks around worriedly
    * glares at Anders
    what did you do?

* looks around worriedly
    * Turns back to face Anders with an interested expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    all i know is i miss his awesome costume and not his dues ex machina custom / grabs popcorn and watches debate

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Yozzers folks. How are all of you doing today?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Haven't seen the movie yet, but...

What about the bow and arrow? What kind of tech was in those?
    It's never specifically said what enhancements Hawkeye's bow has.
    But it's not just a simple metal bow.

His arrows are really enhanced, though. His quiver switches the arrowheads automatically to one he chooses - there's ones like a grapple, explosive, acidic, etc.

Edited my other post.
    But I'd just like to point out, Tony is completely human. (Arc reactor in his chest doesn't make him non-human. It doesn't contribute to his brainpower. It keeps him alive and also helps him to power the Iron Man suit since it generates a lot of energy.)
    Tony created all that technology, including, of course, the suit.
    Now, I know he's a genius. But compared to what we have in our universe, he's technically superhuman.

I don't see you complaining about Tony's intellect.
    Nor do I see you complaining about the intellect of his father, or the rest of the scientists that went into the design and production of the serum that turned Steve into Captain America - in the 1940s.

They are, essentially, superhuman - especially Tony - because their intellect is completely ahead of ours.
    Note, I say 'superhuman.' Which means they are human, but far more advanced. Which is true.

In our universe, right now, nobody has come forward with the ability to create what the people in the Marvel universe have.
    Just like in our universe, right now, nobody has come forward with the skill Hawkeye has.

And you just complain about Hawkeye?
    Why not Black Widow as well, while you're at it?

Or in fact, why not complain about the fact that the Avengers is really unrealistic compared to our universe as a whole.
    You might as well.
    Last edited by Teramelle; 2012-05-10 at 06:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    * looks around worriedly
    * Tilts his head and looks at anders
    What did you do Anders? you seemed to be worried of somthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
    * Tilts his head and looks at anders
    What did you do Anders? you seemed to be worried of somthing.
    * Walks up towards Zanon, Anders and Isi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    welcome back and hi drafo, how are you?

you can do it sas, even do it sucks hard :/
    heyja i am quite well today

10+ Year Old Account
    His bow could be technologically enhanced to fire arrows with enough force to behave like they do in the movie.
    Sure. But they need to explain that then, or they need to show it. The bow that he used in the movie wasn't even a compound bow. It more resembled a longbow or a recurve bow, which are actually weaker in comparison to a Compound Bow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    you can do it sas, even do it sucks hard :/
    If I can get this job at GameStop, then it'll make my day.

No more school pizzas.
    No more 10 minutes till close "oh look, a restaurant that's open this late, let's bring or crowd of 50 to eat there." nights.
    No more working with food.
    No more dishes/kitchen/really any serious kind of cleaning.
    No more scheduled to get off at 10pm, but not leaving until 1am because of "lol cleaning up after example 2."

No...more...RESTAURANTS! Almost 9 years in restaurants! I WANT OUT NOW!
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Sure. But they need to explain that then, or they need to show it. The bow that he used in the movie wasn't even a compound bow. It more resembled a longbow or a recurve bow.
    A super high-tech longbow. And why should they need to explain it? That's like saying they need to explain Thor's genetics.