So recently the mic on my old headset died and I went to go pick out a new headset. I found the Razer Megalodon, looked really good, saw some top notch players using it in their streams so I went and got one.

It's extremely comfortable, the sound is great but the only issue is the mic and the configuration for it.

I've looked through the manual as well as online but there are just issues with the mic that annoys me.

First off, I turned down both my mic sensitivity and mic level and still:

-On Skype sometimes people can hear what I hear (music through YouTube or what not) or I echo back to them
-This is an issue as I use Skype a lot and I have to constantly leave the call and come back in and hope for the best of fixing it

-Second thing is with CSS, my mic makes this weird news when I go to test it out, the first initial 1-2 seconds of me speaking is fine then there's this dreadful ringing that persists, I fix it by turning my mic sensitivity and level up and then turning it back down, it just becomes a nuisance.

I've tried changing the Microphone level through control panel down, it keeps resetting itself back to 100 and becomes annoying to have to change everytime.

Anyone who has this headset and has advice for adjusting the mic so it only picks up my voice and doesn't echo like there's a wind storm going on in my room?