Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need an addon that tracks important buffs/debuffs.

Heya, I'm in need of a addon that tracks important buffs and debuffs.

By important, I mean "important to me." Basically, if there's a mangle/hemo/whatever on the boss, regardless of who it belongs to I'd like an addon that tells me it's there. But anything that doesn't apply to me, say something to do with spells I'd like to filter out. For whatever reason the default frames/debuffs wont tell me if there's a +bleed % debuff on a monster if it's not mine.

I tried x-perl, but it doesn't seem to do that for me, then again maybe I set it up wrong. Either way, any help is appreciated.

I use droodfocus to keep track of mangle and bleeds. It's a great addon and a must have for feral druids.

drood focus +2
    and you can set timers/icons for zilion other things like trink procs/weapon procs/set bonus procs etc just start test mode and hit dummie than fix icons/timers way you like it.
    But 1 flaw if i remember correctly it doesn't track hemorage or our rogues slack big time when playing sub :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I guess I'll have my rogue buddy help me see if hemo does show up, but many thanks to both of you, I'll give it a try when I get home.

Power Auras. Plenty of stuff to play with with power auras and once you get the gist of using it, you can use it for all your characters.

Never used droodfocus for more than a day. Didn't like it.
    Last edited by mootlix; 2012-05-09 at 02:28 PM.

Another option might be Need To Know. Not as powerful as Power Auras, but easier to set up. Can show buffs, procs, dots, debuffs and can be set to show just your stuff, or stuff from anyone that is on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    The author for Droodfocus is MIA and no one is sure if it will be continued for MoP. I for one love it but due to the possibility of it passing along the wayside have been transferring over to Weak Auras, you have to create each item you want to track but it is very easy to learn and will do just about anything.
    Victoria Aut Mors

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I second the recommendation for NeedToKnow. I use it on absolutely all of my characters to track short-duration self-buffs, DOTs, and other debuffs. It gives you the option to only display a particular debuff if it belongs to you (useful for DOTs), or you can choose to display the debuff regardless who applied it (with the additional option to display an asterisk by it if it is yours).

On my warlock, for example, a timer bar is displayed (with the remaining debuff duration) whenever I target an enemy afflicted with any of the 8% magic damage debuffs, along with the name of the particular debuff (so I know if it's a DK, rogue, warlock, or hunter pet applying it) and an asterisk if it's actually my own Curse of the Elements (so I know I'm responsible for refreshing it if necessary).

For my bear, it tracks Lacerate stacks (and duration), Pulverize duration, Demo Roar duration, and Feral Faerie Fire stacks (and duration) as well as the remaining time on my Berserk buff if it's active.

I prefer it to PowerAuras; your mileage may vary.

I think you would like to use Raven buff debuff tracker, its vary customizable that should work for what you want to do if thats not what you want try power auras

Signature made by Shyama
    WARLOCKS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!(of Azeroth)

Deleted
    Power Auras FTW ,for everything u can imagine.The most awesome addon ever made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Power Auras, as other have said. You can use it on any class to track almost anything.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Raven ftw
    Personally instead of bars I've chosen to see my dots on target as icon with timer, but if you prefer you can freely chose to see the debuffs/dots and so on like a bar.
    The good thing is that it has whitelist and blacklist so if you want to see only something specific you can, easily.
    For me is way better then powerAuras, because it is quicker in the setup to have more or less the same effect.
    Last edited by Sabnock; 2012-05-10 at 12:36 AM.

If you're interested in Power Auras, you should probably get WeakAuras. It's pretty much indisputably superior to Power Auras in every way.

Not exaggerating.

That said, for what you're looking for I would use DroodFocus.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by uzumati View Post
    The author for Droodfocus is MIA and no one is sure if it will be continued for MoP. I for one love it but due to the possibility of it passing along the wayside have been transferring over to Weak Auras, you have to create each item you want to track but it is very easy to learn and will do just about anything.
    Just a note on this... I have 95% of the droodfocus addon working on MoP beta so if it's not updated by the author, I can at least provide a working version.

try TellMeWhen, but you'll have to set it up manually. It's easy to set it up.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Gonna put it in another vote for Raven. Literally the easiest addon I've ever used, and you can make it track whatever you want. I use it for healing and boomkin on my druid, and on my lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need to Know

Extremely easy to configure and lightweight,
    I've set mine up to display several things in a single bar.
    Hemo and Trauma
    Pulverize and Savage Roar
    Demoralizing Roar, Demoralizing Shout, Vindication, Scarlet Fever, Demoralizing Screech
    all depending on what's on target

also have bars for Barkskin, Frenzied, Instincts, different trinkets, Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Savage Defense and Heroism
    as resto it tracks Harmony and various procs

http://i.imgur.com/MtsSd.jpg

I love droodfocus myself OP, worth a look if you havent decided yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meranannon left this message on Curse a few days ago if anyone is interested in taking it over

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the lack of news! As you can see, yes, I am retired from WoW for a while! I would perhaps return to MOP, but not really motivated at the moment. And DroodFocus? I do not know ... Sure I would not do any updates until MOP. After that, if I like this game again, maybe I will update the addon.

If someone wants to continue the addon, no problems!

Good game and see you soon
    Victoria Aut Mors

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    4th for NeedToKnow.
    I use it on my kitty droods to track absolutely everything I could ever want to track. Seriously. Best timer/buff tracking addon I have ever used. Only one I have ever liked.