My idea about nerfs.

'ello. As I was about to fall asleep, I got this idea about nerfs, and I'd like to know your opinions on it.
    I'mma take DS as a example.

Week 1: Dragon Soul is released, no nerfs ofc.
    Week 2-3: No nerfs
    Week 4: 5% nerf to Morchok Normal
    Week 5: 5% nerf to Yorsahj Normal and Zon'ozz Normal (Because they are both the 2nd boss)
    Week 6: Nothing (because we had the nerf to the 3rd boss last week)
    Week 7: 5% nerf to Hagara Normal
    Week 8: 5% Nerf to Ultraxion Normal and 10% to Morchok normal
    Week 9: 5% Nerf to Blackhorn normal and 10% to Yorsahj normal and Zon'ozz Normal
    Week 10: 5% nerf to Spine
    Week 11: 5% Nerf to Madness, 10% nerf to Hagara

So, after 11 weeks of DS, the first 4 bosses got 10% nerfs and the last 4 got 5% nerfs, since the really hardcore raiders and the casual-hardcore raiders already have downed the entire normal DS, they do not get affected by this nerf. However, those who have been kinda much playing around with LFR ect gets some nerfs to normal, allowing them to move on and get better progress.
    In the 12th week, hopefully the really hardcore's and the casually-hardcore's have started on Heroics, and probably downing Morchok a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, the nerf gets starts rolling onto Heroics aswell.

Week 12: 5% Nerf to Morchok Heroic and 10% Nerf to Ultraxion Normal
    Week 13: 5% nerf to Yorsahj Heroic and Zon'ozz Heroic, 10% nerf to Blackhorn Normal
    Week 14: 10% nerf to Spine Normal (we already had the Heroic nerfs for the 3rd boss in week 13)
    Week 15: 5% nerf to Hagara Heroic and 10% Nerf to Madness Normal.
    Week 16: 5% Nerf to Ultraxion Heroic and 15% Nerf to Morchok Normal
    Week 17: 5% Nerf to Blackhorn Heroic and 15% Nerf to Both Yorsahj and Zon'ozz Normal

Ect ect, I think you all understand what I mean.

Pros:
    The really serious guilds will not get affected by the nerf ( Most of them don't want the nerf)
    The casually-hardcore's might get nerf's if they are strugeling on a boss. I think it hits them perfectly, if you can't down Blackhorn ect, and you're still having those 3% attempts, the 5% nerf will help you. When you move on to Spine, you can the first week try it without and nerf.
    The casual's will get nerf that hits them perfectly.
    No more whining on le forums.
    Ghostcrawler will give us cute ponys.

Cons:
    It could be hard to know when to throw in the nerfs, that's something the devs will have to figure out. Let's say it takes two long to get that 5% on Morchok Hc (I did set it as Week 12), you could cut it in half by nerfing two bosses per week, instead of just one.

To sum things up: I do not think that the best way to nerf raids is to give EVERY boss on both Heroic and Normal nerfs at the same time, the best would be to time it nicely so that you get the nerf when you're almost downing the boss, but you might need that 5% extra to push the boss to the ground.

So, what do you think?

I think this is too much fiddling around.
    It would take well over a year to nerf DS to 30% as a whole, with another 5% nerf for a single boss every week.
    Nerfing an instance as a whole is the way I prefer.
    The Fogelmensch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    All your problems in this game have the easiest of solutions. And they're usually caused by you in the first place. The sooner you see that, the sooner they're all solved.
    Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
    Kosh

I like the idea, but it would be so tedious to keep track of the nerfs it just wouldnt be worth it.

Progression is never in a straight line for Heroic bosses in 99% of Heroic raiding guilds. Also different bosses are harder or easier on different raid sizes.

Your idea doesn't work I'm afraid.

Deleted
    Too fiddly to implement and not enough benefits.

Players get angry when Blizzard throw in a nerf without a heads up. I think it would be enough if Blizzard could commit to a nerf schedule, so no nerf ever came as a surprise, and raids could be planned around the schedule.

But I understand that Blizzard won't do that, since they might not know in advance how far in to DS guilds will be at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by pwntus95 View Post
    Pros:
    The really serious guilds will not get affected by the nerf ( Most of them don't want the nerf)
    Turn off the nerf if you don't want it.

Your idea is way too much changing single fights and way too complex. The system is working fine as is. Hardcore guilds cleared before the nerfs as always, leave it at that and move on.

Mmmm I don't really like it. You're starting by nerfing the easiest bosses, which is good in that it leaves heroic bosses untouched for a while, but bad in that it's worthless.

If you can't kill Morchok normal without a nerf then you're not gonna kill spine or madness. A group progressing on normal spine isn't gonna benefit from a 5% nerf to Morchok, the only thing they benefit is is extra gear and extra time from the weeks and weeks until your nerf is applied.

Deleted
    This is potentially making the gap between normal mode and heroic mode larger for casual raiders, since you have normal mode already at 10% nerf, and heroic 0.

Even better idea.. do more bosses and don't touch hard modes.. this way everybody is happy.

I am pretty sure if they nerfed hard modes in tier 12 and 13, it's just because of the small amount of bosses and normal mode raiders running out of content too fast. Tier 11 had perfect progression for that.