Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderNerò87 View Post
    wtf is that
    tineye.com returns a result with a file called star-nosed_mole.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star-nosed_mole

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    The second picture actually made me laugh. I'm just assuming those things move in stop motion.
    The worst thing is that those things are REALLY moving in stop motion!!!

This .gif

look at my reaction at 2:02 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONUe58qtjjs

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want to say that this is possibly the worst thread ever on MMO-Champion, and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

I'm now going to remove all objects except my computer from my room, wear 3 layers of clothing and never step foot outside ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe, you babies.

I'm the proud owner of a Curly Haired Tarantula named Rosie.

I've had her for about 5 years now, and she's a great pet, they act very docile. She's very easy to handle, although like all animals she's sometimes cranky and will bite, but it really doesn't hurt all that much.

Hell, sometimes I let her free roam, she seems to know where the food is and always go back to her tank after awhile. My boyfriend is terrified of her, he's thrown her across the room a few times after surprising him. All in all she's a great pet, and her kind is terribly vilified by society but really, she's just like a 8 legged hamster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to go to sleep, but then decided I'll just look at one more thread. And chosen this one...
    Thank you for the nightmares.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorx View Post
    How fitting, I had a weird bug crawling on me today. I get things similar to that in my house as well. They don't quite look as creepy, but, on a related note, I'll take this opportunity to post some creepy animal. not shopped
    Snip]
    Star nosed moles are not creepy. Those things are bad ass. There are probably some videos on Youtube of how they use their bizarre nose. It is like a crazy super advanced nose/hand/sonogram combination they can use to search for food, grab it, dig, etc.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-11 at 02:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    My boyfriend is terrified of her, he's thrown her across the room a few times after surprising him.
    He must REALLY like you. Free roaming tarantula at my gf's place that occasionally startles me is a big no no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia is not so bad.

Don't make a list of everything thats dangerous in Australia...

It's much easier to compile a list of animals that DON'T want to kill you, so here it is:

#1 Some of the sheep (but not many)

i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv187/Jefferson13/MadSheep dot jpg

See? much easier^^
    Last edited by Whitevelvet; 2012-05-11 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    here in the netherlands we encounter these things fairly often:

They dont grow very big, but often come in numbers.

We call it "zilvervis" which is freely translated to english as "silver fish"

They can eat holes in your carpets but most of the time they are just eating dust.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJohn View Post
    So i'm sitting here, typing out a reply to the "Does my vote really matter" thread when I feel a tingly feeling on my foot. I casually look down and find this crawling up my leg....

Do I incinerate my whole house or no?

Mod Thread Warning: Please, do not quote massive images directly in response posts.
    (My warning wasn't clear enough.)
    If this edit is specifically to me, could you send me a PM telling me what I should have done to keep it within the rules?
    Wasn;t this creature in the matrix?

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    "Camel spiders" are not spiders at all. They are solifugids. They are related to spiders and scorpions, but they do not have venom. The worst you would get out of one is a nasty pinch if it's big enough. They aggressively eat nasty things like spiders and scorpions and whatnot.

whatsthatbug.com is an amazing website if you ever find an insect/arachnid you want to identify.

Also: http://www.burkemuseum.org/spidermyth/
    i hate when people think those things are spiders and that one picture where the guy has it up into the camera to make it look 5' long is worse too.

around here growing up, i heard that grandaddy long-legs were the "most poisonous spider in the world but its mouth was too small to bite you"

in reality they're not spiders, not venomous and eat decayed vegetation

I feel obliged to share this story. Seems fitting for the thread.

Raiding late night a few years back, feel a tickle on my leg, reach down to brush it off, feel giant thing, freak out. Hit the light, sitting under my desk, glaring at me that was previously on my leg

A bit of fun reading - http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_funnel-web_spider

They attack when unprovoked, rear back and slam down, often biting multiple times. Can pierce a leather work shoe.

Also, not to me but related - Golden orb spider. Here's one eating a snake.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in bed.....
    Then I had to see this thread.

No sleepformetonight
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I hate when people post bug pictures and don't say what type of bug it is. I can't look it up on the wiki and make sure it doesn't spawn where I LIVE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linaver View Post
    He must REALLY like you. Free roaming tarantula at my gf's place that occasionally startles me is a big no no.
    Pfft, he wouldn't leave me over that, he's been my partner for a very long time, a little (okay not little) spider wouldn't change that! It really is quite hilarious to see him run like a little sissy when she hisses at him.

Here's a picture of her!
    Last edited by Puck; 2012-05-11 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    i hate when people think those things are spiders and that one picture where the guy has it up into the camera to make it look 5' long is worse too.

around here growing up, i heard that grandaddy long-legs were the "most poisonous spider in the world but its mouth was too small to bite you"

Yeah, that particular myth is a funny one. Insects are so interesting. Spiders are too... I used to be pretty terrified of them to the point where anything that even resembled a spider would scare me so much that it made me nauseous. I knew it was an irrational fear, so I started researching spiders. I learned on that spider myths website that you can ID most spiders by the number and layout of their eyes, so I started taking close up pictures of any spiders I would find so I could ID them. I got over my fear and the process led to my dorky hobby of photographing and ID'ing insects and spiders, lol.

I love it when people refer to spiders as "poisonous" too, as if they are terrified of what might happen if they eat them or snuggle them. AND the spider bite assumption about there being two little holes like fang marks... you would need an awfully gigantic spider to be able to see a distinguishable set of fang marks lol.

It's so silly when you think about it... people terrified of things that are hundreds-millions times smaller than they are. As if spiders see a gigantic human and think MMM DINNER. Just, no.

The EagleOwl Mage - what a gorgeous pet.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What are these spiders and what is the big deal with them? :P
    The first one is a harvestman. It's an arachnid, but it is NOT a spider. No venom whatsoever. Completely harmless to humans.

The second one is a spider, with very very weak venom. They are beneficial and eat other spiders, including ones that would be considered harmful to humans.

BOTH are often referred to as "daddy longlegs", along with another insect - the crane fly.

The whole myth about daddy long legs being the most venomous in the world, but too small to bite blahblahblah... complete rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/364270

This is a wonderful animation about Camel Spiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

it doesnt even have a stinger or big jaws... what are you afraid of here? getting touched somewhere where nobody else touched you before? 8>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Found a Huntsman spider in my friend's vacation house in Australia. If you don't know what they look like this infamous picture is one hiding behind a clock...

This is the size of them, and they are EXTREMELY fast and like to hide behind things...
    Try having that and a hundred or so babies also BEHIND that clock.. i hate our national spider UGH oh and one time i had one outside on the roof of our entertainment area, so i thought oh hell no, your not coming inside.. so i grabbed a can of fly/insect spray and drowned that fu**er til it was white and foamy, a few mins later (yes a few mins) the f'er drops on the floor FLIPS UPSIDE DOWN and crawls UPSIDE DOWN into our garden...so i grabbed a broom and smashed it to bit.... my god they are spawns of satan!