Deleted

New pc config opinions ?

Hello
    I have been looking around for a new pc config for some time now and thinking of going with this

Motherboard - Asus P8P67-PRO Rev. 3.1
    Processor - Intel Core i5 i5-2500k 3.30GHz Socket 1155 box
    GPU - MSI GTX N560 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR II 2GD5/OC
    Memory Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 XMS3 Heat Spreader
    HDD HDD Seagate 3.5" 500GB/SATA3/16mb ST500DM002
    Case Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
    PSU Corsair Gaming Series 700W
    Monitor LED 22 Samsung S22A300N Full HD
    Cooler Watercooler CPU Corsair Hydro H100 Extreme Performance
    SSD Corsair ForceGT 2,5" SATAIII 60GB

So this is the setup i might have the money for but i am not 100% i will by the time i will buy this
    I do have some questions regarding this setup.

1.I am considering to not get the SSD and the Watercooler , for now , and just buy a better GPU instead ,
    but even with those cuts i still cant afford the gpu i wanted meaning the MSI GeForce GTX 580 1536MB DDR5 Twin Frozr II but instead i would have enough money to buy a EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536 MB DDR5.So my question is should i just cut those 2 and get a new GPU and if i do that is there really a big difference between those 2 GPU?

2.If i choose not to buy a GPU instead of the cooler and ssd , i am worried that the pipes with cooling agent may burst with the watercooler and in doing so destroy my pc as i do tend to commute quite frequently and the roads here are not so good.So is this a valid concern or not ?If there is a chance for this to happen is it maybe a better idea to get say a Cooler Noctua NH-D14 instead of the Watercooler CPU Corsair Hydro H100 Extreme Performance ?

3.Is the PSU strong enough for this ring and possibly the configuration with the gtx580 Gpu ?

Thx

Motherboard is old news, get something from the Z77 line, like for example ASRock Z77 Extreme4

GPU is also old news, if you can wait for 2-3 weeks look for GTX670 instead which is insane in value for money, or into AMD 78-series for something closer to GTX560ti in price. GTX580 is old news too, and with low VRAM a liability.

Could get NZXT Havik CPU cooler which costs half of the H100 with equal performance and never worries with leaks.

60GB SSD is tiny, don't look for smaller than 120GB, those have best price/GB ratio atm.

PSU is fine for any single card, might not be enough for two high end cards.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    the psu is a way to strong (i think) you should be fine with 550W

if you dont know which gpu you should buy and may money is the value it depends on, you should look at ati too (7870 or 7850).
    do you want to oc the i5? if not (or not so extrem) you can think about a cheaper cooler aswell.

may you should offer us some more infos if you are planing on overclock, what to do with the computer (games, video editing, office, surfing), (playing on how many monitors) and the price you are thinking about. (do you need win7 / student) some infos would be good.

Deleted
    @ vesseblah

I read somewhere that the nvidias 660 and 670 series will be delayed for like 6 months and i am not a big fan of amd/ati gpu's

as for the cooler there are no retailers selling it in my country

i don't have the money for a 120 gb ssd that is why i went for the 60 and even though i heard its a strong upgrade to get an ssd i would rather get a better gpu or give less money for the build then getting an ssd

as for the psu i am not planning on getting 2 cards , i just want to know if there is really a big difference between the evga and msi gtx 580's

@balleny
    the i5 2500k i will not change as well as nvidia vs ati , as from what i heard from friends and from what i read i still favor nvidia over ati
    yes i plan to overclock the i5 , but i may lose the strong cooler in favor of a better gpu
    the pc is gaming
    just one monitor atm

Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    I read somewhere that the nvidias 660 and 670 series will be delayed for like 6 months and i am not a big fan of amd/ati gpu's
    670 supposedly comes out next week. Dunno if it's paper release or real one though.

as for the cooler there are no retailers selling it in my country
    Cooler Master Hyper 212+ also an option then. Or Noctua NH-D14 for the best air cooler you can get.

i don't have the money for a 120 gb ssd that is why i went for the 60 and even though i heard its a strong upgrade to get an ssd i would rather get a better gpu or give less money for the build then getting an ssd
    60GB SSD will be full in 2-3 weeks and then you'll just be pissed off. Hold off the purchase until you can budget $50 more to get 120GB instead and you'll be 10x happier. Price difference between the two sizes is really small compared to how much more you can fit into the extra 60GB.

as for the psu i am not planning on getting 2 cards , i just want to know if there is really a big difference between the evga and msi gtx 580's
    Not really. People like EVGA because it has lifetime warranty (in some countries) but for any practical purposes there's no difference. You could run GTX580 even from 500W PSU, so the 700W is plenty. And saying it again: GTX580 is bad idea today. Low VRAM makes it liability (there are already games that require 2GB RAM at highest settings).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    after some reading i am considering getting one of these mother boards

MSI Z77A-G45 Socket 1155 (132 euro)
    MSI Z77A-G55 Socket 1155 (172 euro)
    MSI Z77A-G65 Socket 1155 (195 euro)

in the idea ( hope i am not wrong here ) that
    1. these motherboards have a better performance then the one i wanted at first that would cost around 147 euro
    2.if i get a i5 2500k now and plan to upgrade to any of the new processors like i5-i7 Ivy Bridge i wouldn't have to get a new motherboard
    3.i am not really sure which one those 3 to get as other then price difference between them and the fact that the first one doesn't have sli/corssfire i dont see anything special , so considering going with the first one.

also does any know or have official news that the nvidia gtx 670 ti's will be released this May or June and at what price in Europe?
    Last edited by mmoc776414944d; 2012-05-09 at 10:36 PM.