15+ Year Old Account

On the fence about about a 2nd MMO

Tera worth getting now ? Or should I wait a bit? Been playing SWTOR, it's fun but I always like having two MMO's to bounce between. I quit WoW almost a year ago now and Eve Online at the same time. Been Playing SWTOR since launch but haven't had my 2nd MMO for backup. Was going to wait for GW2, but I don't feel like waiting anymore. I'm either going to resub to Eve, Pick up Diablo3 next week, or sub to Tera.

Any suggestions?
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Tera and Diablo 3 both seem great options. I've been playing tera for a bit and it's pretty good, better than I expected.
    Might want to try path of exile as well, has open beta this weekend. It's a dungeon crawler like diablo, and F2P
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Ahh cool, thanks for the suggestions.
    my SWTOR referal link:

Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, just a quick friendly FYI.

D3 should have some longevity though, so it might count as an MMO for the OP's purposes. Also, no monthly fee and what not. I would say Tera is worth getting now, I am enjoying it a lot. If only I could decide on what classes I want to play!!
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    D3 should have some longevity though, so it might count as an MMO for the OP's purposes. Also, no monthly fee and what not. I would say Tera is worth getting now, I am enjoying it a lot. If only I could decide on what classes I want to play!!
    While I'm really enjoying SWTOR for the story, the combat is a little slower paced than what I would prefer. I had been told that Tera's combat faster and more engaging.
    my SWTOR referal link:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    While I'm really enjoying SWTOR for the story, the combat is a little slower paced than what I would prefer. I had been told that Tera's combat faster and more engaging.
    The person who told you that werent lying. It's "real time", just watch some videos of Warriors in Tera and you'll see what I mean :3
    Hi

If I had the money for 2 monthly subs (I own WoW and SWTOR, but am unsubbed from SWTOR) I'd be getting TERA. Played the open beta weekend and was hooked, just can't afford it right now.

Don't think D3 will fill the roll of a MMO to be honest...

If you liked the way combat worked in TERA but don't want to pay a sub. there's always Vinductus.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/
    http://vindictus.nexoneu.com/
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Personally, I can't stand Tera's combat because of the way it forces you to stand still whenever you cast anything, but that's just my own personal gripe with it. Nevertheless, I can't say I recommend it, because to me that's a pretty big deal. :P I'd vote for picking up D3. Even though it's not an MMO, it's still a big time sink and will probably last you a long while assuming you don't get bored of it. You can't go wrong with EVE either, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Personally, I can't stand Tera's combat because of the way it forces you to stand still whenever you cast anything, but that's just my own personal gripe with it. Nevertheless, I can't say I recommend it, because to me that's a pretty big deal. :P I'd vote for picking up D3. Even though it's not an MMO, it's still a big time sink and will probably last you a long while assuming you don't get bored of it. You can't go wrong with EVE either, though.
    I hardly notice the standing still thing, really.

There's classes that are very mobile, like warrior and slayer.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legacyjm View Post
    Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, just a quick friendly FYI.
    While this is true, when I played D2 (US-East) it was pretty much time-consuming as any good MMO. My bet is that D3 will hook you up (if you are into dungeon-crawling type of games) as any other big MMO game.
    Not if you play casual though.
    l'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I hardly notice the standing still thing, really.

There's classes that are very mobile, like warrior and slayer.
    Oh yeah, it was a lot less noticeable when I played a slayer, but since I mostly play an archer/ranger/hunter type character, when I tried that out in Tera I couldn't kite anything like I'm used to (unless I wanted to take tiny side-steps every time I used my attacks, which didn't seem very viable :P), and it drove me up the wall, haha. I dunno, it just doesn't feel very "actiony" to me for a game that is described as an action game. Very pretty game though, I will admit, and it ran beautifully.