Mumble not connecting to the server

Hello everyone!

I recently moved to the middle east, and for some reason, Mumble stopped connecting to any server.

When I try to connect it says:

[5:13:48 PM] Welcome to Mumble.
    [5:13:51 PM] Connecting to server gruffi.be.
    [5:14:21 PM] Disconnected from server.

This same server has been working forever, and only recently stopped working when I moved. My PC seems to be in order, so it's not that.
    I tried contacting the ISP, but they do not even know what mumble is! I tried explaining that its a VoIP software, and they told me that the port should not be blocked unless its PC -> phone.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I have tried searching google for the issue, but I did not get a useful result that worked, or that I actually understood properly.
    I searched these forums for a similar issue, and got several outdated threads so I did not want to necro them.
    Last edited by Lucifer Morningstar; 2012-05-09 at 01:18 PM.

Assuming that you're using the same PC / Laptop, it sounds like you have to allow Mumble through your router ports. - It may not be blocked, but it also may not be open :P Eitherway, we'll try looking at it, as just a straight disconnect situation (as you connect then disconnect immediately afterwards).

The Connect then instant Disconnect can be due to a version mismatch between the server and the client. Ask the server owner about the version that its being used, and get that version.

This can also occur with some home routers if they are unable to handle QoS (Quality Of Service) being set on the packets. This can be disabled in mumble in the "Network" tab; you will need to check the "Advanced" checkbox to see this.

If it still doesn't connect:

Then you should enable port forwarding on your router to your computer for the port. To get your LAN IP address:

Windows: press run then type "cmd" (no quotes) and type in "ipconfig" and it will display your IP address next to IP Address.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/FAQ/En...ll_not_connect
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I tried all of the steps you suggested, none of them worked!
    It seems that it is being blocked by the ISP.

Is there any way I can use a proxy to bypass the block? or is there a certain software perhaps?
    I tried messing around with the mumble settings and there is an option to use a SOCKS5 Proxy in the network tab (Advanced) / HTTP(S) Proxy

I do not know what either mean ;p
    I tried to Google the term " Mumble SOCKS5 Proxy Settings " with no luck, however, I found some Russians having the same issue.

Hmm, then I got a couple of suggestions but I don't know if they'd work :P

1) Try restarting your modem and router
    2) Restart your computer
    3) Re-Install mumble

Any ideas if you can use other VOIP software like Skype or Vent?

- I could PM you my vent server details so you can try to connect to that if you are unsure, although I've read that if Mumble doesn't work then Skype may not too, nothing really similar about Vent, other than it's just another VOIP really :P (I believe the ports that skype and mumble use are more similar to eachother than Vent).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I can connect to ventrilo, Skpe and TS3. I can also connect to ANY mumble server port EXCEPT the default one , which is 64738.
    When I connect to a server port in Turkey, which is 6244, I have no problems with connecting.

This gave me the idea that the Port itself is blocked by the ISP for some reason.
    This now makes me forced to use something to bypass this, otherwise I can't play with my guild any more ;<

Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    I can connect to ventrilo, Skpe and TS3. I can also connect to ANY mumble server port EXCEPT the default one , which is 64738.
    When I connect to a server port in Turkey, which is 6244, I have no problems with connecting.

This gave me the idea that the Port itself is blocked by the ISP for some reason.
    This now makes me forced to use something to bypass this, otherwise I can't play with my guild any more ;<
    K, sent you a PM.
    Worst case scenario - If you can't get it to work, you just have to ask the guild admin to see if they can change the port on the server.

It seems I cannot connect to any Mumble server that has a port which is set to default (64738).
    I will take your advice and ask the guild admin to change the server location :<

It's kinda sad that I have to do it this way, but meh, ISP sucks.

Ok, I've had to deal with this issue a few times in my guild with other members.

First off Mumble has a registered user list. I believe this gives each user a client copy ID number based my user name and IP once passwords has been enter and you connected successfully with the server the first time.

If you uninstall and reinstall Mumble or change ISP it will reset the clients ID, so if your trying logging into Mumble with the same user name as before it will reject you.

Get the admin of that mumble server to remove you from the registered user list.
    Otherwise use a different user name in the mean time.

Should work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearea View Post
    Ok, I've had to deal with this issue a few times in my guild with other members.

First off Mumble has a registered user list. I believe this gives each user a client copy ID number based my user name and IP once passwords has been enter and you connected successfully with the server the first time.

If you uninstall and reinstall Mumble or change ISP it will reset the clients ID, so if your trying logging into Mumble with the same user name as before it will reject you.

Get the admin of that mumble server to remove you from the registered user list.
    Otherwise use a different user name in the mean time.

Should work.
    This. Mumble is not like Vent or Skype or anything. It gives your computer a "certificate" that your computer uses. If you change location with the same computer, you will have to delete your current one and get a new one (delete file and register for a new one).

Hello, I have nothing to do with this site or anyone of you, I would just like to state that I also live in the UAE and the same thing happens to me, even if you were to get a proxy up...