Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    First week of FL - alysrazor

me on mumble after first wipe and running back in: "OH LOOK a bugged feather"

*runs over to take it*

you know the rest :P

Not really a mistake, poor bugger got disconnected but damn it was funny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmSq9IMEAI

Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other common raid mistakes that I personally love:

ICC

-Warlocks turning stupid on HLK and running the wrong side of the platform for Valk port
    -Cleaving MC'ed people to death on lady deathwhisper
    -People running to the wrong side on Putricide and getting insta-killed by the ooze
    -YOUR PATHETIC MAGIC BETRAYS YOU, no but seriously, so many wipes to retarted ice blocks that occasionally blocked the entire damn raid, druids not going travelform to get out of the grip, and my personal favorite sindy wipes would be casters stacking the damn debuff out the ass and then going: ooops
    -Tanks trying to soak the flying spirit thingies on 10man HLK while tanking the boss

T11

Magmaw
    -people getting hit by the parasite trapbecause they forgot they had blink
    -people falling off the platform
    -overzealous DPS fully dotting up the adds right before the raid leader calls for a stop
    -the wrong people accidentally clicking Magmaw's head

Omnitron
    -people not swapping off of them and wiping the raid
    -running the fire beam straight at the people in the arcane zone thingy

Chimaeron
    -far too many SPriests SWeath'ing themselves to death
    -I once life tapped right before an ooze came out

Atramedes
    -people forgetting what left and right is, running the breath through the entire raid
    -funny but not really their fault: rocket boot malfunction while kiting during air phase

Maloriak
    -so many interrupt rages by me because people can't count
    -raging at paladins that can't manage to pick up black oozes with both MD and Tricks
    -people stacking up during blue phase for god knows what reason
    -tanks shooting the damn beam straight through the raid in P2
    -people not knowing what stop DPS means

Nefarian
    -remembering which of the three platforms you were assigned to is apparently hard
    -people getting stuck under the lip of the pillar when going up with the lava
    -bad tanks that turn Onyx to the raid sideways
    -people unable to kite the damn adds, causing them to die in a long ass line
    -tanks that can't grasp the concept of fire

ETC.

Sorry, I just realized how long this list got already. Feel free to add the rest of the fights =P

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Back in Molten Core in Vanilla, about 20 people up and the rest still being ressed. Cidet, our rogue, goes in stealth and moves up to Ragnaros. About 5 seconds later, Ragnaros aggroes and starts killing all of us again. Everyone is pissed and I whisper Cidet "wtf happened?!". All he replies me is...

"Target has no pockets"
    That right there sir, is signature worthy

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My prettiest was probably in Ulduar

The one time the then raid leader asked me to go tank the bridge boss instead of rubble

I waited to be told to pull

I started running

I ran up to the boss

I took one step too far and fell to my death

Wipe

I did not get a second chance to tank him :P

Back in TBC, as a Paladin healer I had the bad habit of using the Alt key for the self casts. And using Holy Light spell with the F4...
    QQ bro lol

As a shadow priest on heroic Yorsahj, on a phase with purple up, raid leader called for my hymn. People looked low so I divine hymn'd instead of hymn of hope-ing. Never did that again!!

i got some.

When Wrath first opened, Malygos in EoE would breath attack as soon as he dropped the raid out of the tornado. to counter this, we had the tank book it north and the raid book it south. one attempt our tank ran south with the raid. lulz and instant death ensued.

Wrath. Sapphirion. we lost a healer during the grounded phase. the same tank as before is like "i got this" and Bressed. well, tried to. splat. (funny think is i now play a bear and regularly res people midcombat, depending on the fight ^_^)

Wrath. Icc. Princes. Warlock is trying to show us "how its done". body pulls boss. "K guys, this is how you do it-OOPS!" is all we hear in vent. had to call a 10 min break so people could stop laughing.

Cata. Firelands. Ragnaros. DPS Dk moves into position for pull. unfortunatly, back at the door, he rightclicked the boss. he poked rag and rag flattened his face for about 3x his hp.

Cata. DS. Heroic Yor'sarj. Kitty DPS Accidentally Tranq's while Purple is up. lol.

to offset these fails i have some wins!

Cata. DS. Heroic Ultraxion. Solo Tanked the last 30% with Bear OP-ness. Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge, Dodge.........

Cata. Firelands. Heroic Shannox. Full ranged DPS group. Solo tanked the whole fight Via Circle strafe kiting.

Cata. Firelands. Baelroc. 4pcT13 + Un-glyphed Frenzied Regeneration while under 14 stacks of Baelroc's buff. at 15% hp left, pop FR. whole raid jumps to 300k hp and out heal all the healers.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    First time in ICC, post nerf.

"Oh boy! I wonder what all these NPCs have to say. I'll talk to Garrosh first!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    I charged in on FLK in SSC as the MT instead of waiting for the call to go... I died horribly..and instantly.

Also, same boss, but our first encounter with his room, we cleared the first lot of bog giants, and then said "oh, there's a trash pack over here, lets go grab it".

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    not me but...

HC magmaw progression. everyone getting annoyed at stupid wipes and people taking 10 or so minutes to runback in. so we count down for the pull, everyone runs in feral kitty who has been getting very annoyed hits stampeding roar to get things moving. que 24 people running straight off the edge due to not expecting the extra run speed

Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    That right there sir, is signature worthy
    Yes, yes it is. Dibs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post

"Target has no pockets"

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    On Heroic Madness, I had forgotten to update DBM and I didn't get a "Run away" or such warning for the Parasite debuff, needless to say, I wiped the 2nd ranged group(8-ish people).
    It's sad how much people rely on DBM, yeah sure it helps, but to not see a debuff because it didnt tell you it was on you.......thats just bad man.

There is entirely too much tunnel vision dps in this game now.

People now could never handle a fight like Gorefiend, or Bloodboil.

Not me, but a memorable wipe nonetheless in ICC 25. We were making attempts on Blood-Queen and our Fury warrior got the first bite.

"k, Vamp is up. Bite."
    "Bite."
    "BITE!"
    "Dang it, he's mind-controlled, wipe it and try again."

The raid leader asked him what went wrong. His response delivered over Vent?

"Okay guys, I'm really sorry about that, but can we dismiss all the non-combat pets? I was trying to bite a gnome and didn't realize he was a Greatfather Winter's helper until after I was mind-controlled."

So many lulz were had.

Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Running outta the melee group as the ball is heading back towards us on Zon'ozz, mispositioned myself and dispelled, flew straight into the incoming ball. Burst out laughing on teamspeak
    I'm a bit confused, was your mistake the position, and the dispel, or using Teamspeak?

Death gripping Malygos instead of the spark when I first started my DK :P

My most awesome mistake was this:
    I am running in the instance using my autorun, my mouse battery dies - for some reason my keyboard wont stop the autorun, I walk into boss, wipe the raid, profit XD
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

I was main tank on Heroic Lich King (back in WOTLK) and during the phase transaction i fell off Frozen Throne xD

On my priest, went to lifegroup the MT away from Alizabal's bladestorm since he was having some connection issues, ended up coming over to us next and killing him.
    Also went to lifegrip a dps away from the explosion on spine just for laughs (he hates getting gripped) at the edge, he ended up keeping on running and ran off the edge before he realized what happened.

As a holy paladin in my first night with a new guild in Ulduar, we were doing Vezax HM attempts.
    I was writing a macro and pressed "1" except I didn't have the macro box highlighted, so instead it used the ability bound to "1"
    Which was judgement. Which pulled the boss.
    They didn't kick me from the guild thankfully, but I got booted from the raid. It was a stressful night, what can I say :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    It's sad how much people rely on DBM, yeah sure it helps, but to not see a debuff because it didnt tell you it was on you.......thats just bad man.

There is entirely too much tunnel vision dps in this game now.

People now could never handle a fight like Gorefiend, or Bloodboil.
    Just because people have learned to rely on DBM, doesn't mean if it wasn't there that they wouldn't be able to watch debuffs, they just haven't had to learn the skill of visually tracking debuffs, because you use an audio cue instead. Doesn't make them bad.