Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most Awesome Raid Mistakes

Was just thinking about some awesome raid mistakes I've made as the other tank in our 25 man raid (I'm now a disc priest):

• I death gripped the Spark of Rhyolith on 25H to the entire raid instead of a fragment that had escaped our group. We wiped
    • I, without permission, brezed (last rez) one of our lesser DPS during Alysrazor 25H. We died with 3% to go because that brez would have picked up our tank who could have held the boss just a little longer before she turned on everyone and smashed their faces
    • I fell off of Deathwing a few times on Spine

What other fun things have you done, not necessarily on purpose, that have resulted in spectacular raid wipes?

we were trying to reset hagara so we'd get lightning phase first. our mage was far away from the group so i figured, "why not kill two birds with one stone?" and md'ed to the mage. it sorta backfired, though. instead of just killing the mage and despawning, she killed the rest of the raid group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalkran View Post
    we were trying to reset hagara so we'd get lightning phase first. our mage was far away from the group so i figured, "why not kill two birds with one stone?" and md'ed to the mage. it sorta backfired, though. instead of just killing the mage and despawning, she killed the rest of the raid group.
    lol we had that happen so many times with Rhyolith. He'd respawn as we rezzed everyone and just ONE person would be a little too close

15+ Year Old Account
    First week in my new guild on level 60 I auto-walked into Noth the Plaguebringer on naxx with half the raid still running there, pressed the autowalk button just as I was tabbing out on my mouse, wasn't quick enough to get back Thought I blew it on my trial, but luckily they just laughed ...
    Also remember our hunter autoshotting Loatheb with half the ppl outside when we all got full world buffs the first week rightclick got promoted to autoshot for hunters, bye bye loatheb try for that night.

And ppl thought I was always fucking up on 60 in the final ~5% of bosses, but I would intentionally spam all my mana+cds (well you would be oom by then anyway) and die on purpose so I could heal in spirit of redemption until the boss was dead. Was called spirit of redemption priest

Deleted
    Falling off the edge at magmaw as main healer :P

on heroic yor'shaj our boomkin was supposed to innervate our pally healer but he hit tranq while purple ooze was active and it wiped us. that was pretty damn funny and frustrating.
    i have blinked off the ship during the blackhorn fight a few times. didnt cause a wipe but still funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    Oh yeah - I used to fall off when we were first learning Magmaw 25H...I would drag the adds to the melee at his left side and sometimes back up too far!

I accidently auto-shot Vael in BWL pre-bc while we were still preparing. OFC as a hunter I was also the only one to survive!

Also I BOPed our main tank on Illidan back in TBC, from that day onwards never had BOP as a mouse scroll hotkey :P

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

On Heroic Madness, I had forgotten to update DBM and I didn't get a "Run away" or such warning for the Parasite debuff, needless to say, I wiped the 2nd ranged group(8-ish people).

Deleted
    DPSing a corrupted mutation too fast, popping all my CD's and taking an Impale...

Laughing at somebody who got killed by the elevator boss, and then falling off myself because I didn't equip the right cloak with a parachute on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Oh yeah - I used to fall off when we were first learning Magmaw 25H...I would drag the adds to the melee at his left side and sometimes back up too far!
    haha, I done it on like 5% to go.. :P Don't know how I just fell!

Deleted
    This was before I race changed to orc:

I was a goblin and during the parachute thing when starting Spine of DW, I pressed the wrong keybind and used Rocket Jump and flew of his back obviously. /facepalm

The elevator boss in SSC got me a few times...

Deleted
    when we were raiding Ahn'Qirai we waited outside C'thuns room ...
    suddenly our main tank made one step ahead and went into C'thuns sight ...
    C'thun released his chain lightning and fried 40 people at once

back in vanilla As a tank my mouse and keyboard failed (hate PS2) on old computer and my warrior auto ran infront of most healers and all got cleaved or breath cant remember and got killed BY onyxia lvl 60, i got demoted to OT that night

I've made a few in Dragon Soul

1. Just last night I forgot to bind m extra action button macro for H Ultraxion, so instead of Using Heroic Will to escape the first Hour of Twilight, I used Righteous Defense. The bad thing was, I survived the damage, and was stuck with the debuff, screwing up our order.

2. During H Zonn'ozz once I spaced out, and forgot to turn him towards the group when he used void of Unmaking. Needless to say, that did not turn out well.

3. A few nights ago on H Spine progression, I fell off while kiting the bloods.

Deleted
    leaping to chimaeron to get closer to him, before the fight beginning, and that pulls and almost 10 secs wipe lol

10+ Year Old Account
    not myself personally but i got few stories

-Our rogue wanted to see what would happen if he shadow-stepped Magmaw to get back to him after moving away from the adds....he didn't make it >.<
    -Paly heals accidentally hit BoP over LoH on a dying tank in 10H Zon (both buttons were beside each other). Did i mention he was @ 5% =p

can't think of anything else atm

Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    I did this on my first trial night at the start of cata, though we didn't wipe. So I just sat there dead while everyone else killed the boss from about 80%.

However, wiping the raid:
    - Not being quick enough to run out of V&T with the debuff that makes you explode everytime you deal damage (it would have been a progression kill) - as a Spriest, there are multiple explosions per second.
    - There's also a couple of times dying on Baleroc heroic because i messed up dispersion and took full damage from the last crystal tick.
    - Getting knocked back into a trap on Rag (or knocked off the platform by a wave and landing in the lava below).
    - Getting melee hit by the corruption while soaking Impale on Deathwing heroic, and thus causing a second person to die as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    [*]I fell off of Deathwing a few times on Spine
    Lol, how do you fall off spine w/o trying, you gotta go way off the edge.

Ive, rocket jumped off the magmaw platform by accident, almost off the boat too trying to soak up swirls.