Heroic Madness 10m-Question

My guild is beginning work on heroic Madness on Thursday and I was wondering if any guilds two tank the fight without a feral druid as one of the tanks. We currently have a prot warrior/pally as our tanking comp and we're hoping with the 20% nerf we could simply use the two tanks instead of having our warrior going arms.

Thanks for all of the helpful tips ^_^

if you have disc priest or holadin let them use ther cds on tanks
    prot pala use sacrfice on warr and heal pala use sacri on pala
    and on 3rd platform is good time for use of pain suppresion from disc

Quote Originally Posted by hopezero View Post
    I was wondering if any guilds two tank the fight without a feral druid as one of the tanks.
    Yes. There are guilds that have been doing so since at least the 5% nerf. My guild usually solo tanks it, but we also have two tanked it several times without any problems, both of those times being during the 15% nerf period.

Bottom line, there really is no dps check anymore on Madness, so I wouldn't worry about beating the cataclysm or enrage timers.
    Life is good.

I supposed I should clarify:
    With decent DPS, would it be difficult to two tank heroic Madness without the boost from a Feral Tank?

10+ Year Old Account
    If your DPS could make the check around the 10% debuff and your tanks can maximize Spellweave without killing blood by accident, having an extra tank shouldn't be an issue. You'll really just have to give it a try to see what the DPS feels like. If you're not sure and losing to mechanics relatively early on, just pull on Yellow; once the debuff is gone, you'll experience the DPS check properly without any other modifiers missing to give you an accurate measure.

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post

Bottom line, there really is no dps check anymore on Madness, so I wouldn't worry about beating the cataclysm or enrage timers.
    Sounds great, thanks ^_^

Yeah. Might be a bit difficult to figure out who should take the impale first on which platform and manage cd's but after that it's easy. Have the warrior spec into safeguard if you need an extra cd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hopezero View Post
    I supposed I should clarify:
    With decent DPS, would it be difficult to two tank heroic Madness without the boost from a Feral Tank?
    Not really, 20% nerf is huge.

But its all relative. What is "decent" DPS? Some guilds can't even 1 tank it with 30% nerf and some could 2 tank it with 5%. There is no way for us to really tell, you're just going to have to go in and try it. My gut feeling is that if you have the DPS to get that far then you should be fine. The only place where you might lack DPS is the bloods in P2 but those are very dependent on class comp.

The best I can do is give you some rough benchmarks. For example if your DPS can all pull around ~40k on Ultrax then you should be fine 2 tanking with 20%. I would try it and see, if you lack DPS it will be very apparent very quickly.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-05-09 at 04:16 PM.

Fight is def two-tankable, that how we do it, makes the fight much simpler too (blood dk / protpal)