[PvP] 2v2 Comps for Warrior

Can you guys recommend a few good comps for Warrior, aiming at average ranking (1800s).
    Ideally double dps avec dps+healer tends to be frustrating in 2v2.

I checked arenajunkies and armory but both have outdated teams (ppl havent played since 4.0) and its difficult to understand what are decent 4.3 War comps vs old fashionned ones.

Thanks guys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    Can you guys recommend a few good comps for Warrior, aiming at average ranking (1800s).
    Ideally double dps avec dps+healer tends to be frustrating in 2v2.

I checked arenajunkies and armory but both have outdated teams (ppl havent played since 4.0) and its difficult to understand what are decent 4.3 War comps vs old fashionned ones.

Thanks guys
    hey, i play aroudn the 1.9k mark, I go with a holy paladin. A warrior + hpala is very good. you will have trouble with Ret/hunter, mage/boomkins and Good mage rogues, because of the kiting, you can combat and counter many healer teams such as DK/hpala's if you stick on dk.
    you can own priest/ ferals, if they dont troll reset you. you can even one shot some priests around that level with good cc!

but if you want double dps, go with a feral ! no doubt, but you have to choose a really good skilled and geared feral, because the feral carries warrior. he must be perfect CC and time your burst together, with "hard switches" or it wont work.

warrior/mage, and warrior/rogue are also good alternatives. but i think if you can find a good feral, warr/feral is best.. "cyclone cleave"

Deleted
    Rogue mage. You have to reroll rogue for it to work though.

I wish I was trolling right now.

While i reckon THE best 2v2 comp for warrior is warrior/healer (ideally hpal), i quickly find games with healers to be boring, repetitive and overall frustrating, sure, i sometimes get games where i kill someone in a decent amount of time and its fun and a safe way to cap pts, but other times i just find myself either beating on one of them till the cows come home, and against a double dps comp, you either die in 2 seconds or you dont.

The following 3 comps i found to be the most fun way to play warrior in 2v2, they can still get you okay rating (~1800 rating), and generally they go pretty quick, and makes it much more challenging to cap, gives the game some OOMPH to it, just make sure you have good gear

Warrior/ret i found to still be very powerful, both their burst is capable of killing anything and their CC is quite potent, 50-70k WoGs on the pally and 80-100k WoGs on the warrior (with last word etc.) allow this comp to last fairly long (i have had situations where we are at the brink of death, recover, and kill), although, expect holy pallies to be the thorn in your side with this comp.

Warrior/rdruid is actually VERY fun healer dps comp with a warrior (probably the only fun heal dps comp ever), one cyclone against a double dps team can simply mean their end, but you got like 30 seconds to kill someone, also, the resto druid can pop tree form to help dps if you need (or allow you to got batshit insane and pop everything without much concern of death), I found the latter effective in certain situations. I found this comp to still be viable at OKAY ratings (1800-1900) against healer dps comps, double dps is alot more trouble, against double dps, most of the time you will need to kill someone within the treeform duration.

Warrior/hunter is what every double dps comp should be, no second chances and a fuck tonne of damage, scattertrap combos or fear forcing a trinket can leave one of them in the dust, do take note, next to no second chances, some self healing and defensive CDs but you will always see your health going down with nearly no ways to recover, so kill something fast. Watch as every warlock/shaman you fight dies at the drop of a hat when you run this comp. A word of warning, fucking up timing of CDs and chaining CCs (scattertrap > trinket > fear is ESSENTIAL, or vice versa) with this comp is not forgiving AT ALL, for example, you will need to improve hamstring a target in the open for the hunter, otherwise that will put you so far behind its basically a loss.

Hope that helps.

I prefer disc priest over holypala when I play on my warrior. It's not as slow as with pala due to mana burns and fears, mind control etc. So I would recommend disc/warrior unless you wanna take the chance on spending 30+ minutes every game on higher rating

10+ Year Old Account
    why 2v2? playing 2s seriously is like using your forehead to pound nails into wood.

if you're good, you can make just about anything work

i used to play MM/Holy, sit on 2k just from doing points every week.

Thanks Vojka - exactly the type of feedback I was expecting. +rep

10+ Year Old Account
    As Fury, I've been running with a Frost Mage to give me the control I need to do damage, but a Rogue would also work well. Running with a healer just means that you're going to spend more time getting your points, as it increases the chance of long games (against another healer team).

Twos is imbalanced as hell, however, so you shouldn't be aiming for a rating in that bracket (try threes instead).

1500 is average rating, if I remember correctly.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1