Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    Your history teacher sounds completely insane, if she thinks having a chance at getting bullied, and having a poor job outlook is worse then charging up a beach with machine gun fire and artillery exploding all around you..
    How is this even a remotely fair comparison? OH HAI GUIZ! I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WAR IS MORE STRESSFUL THAN BEING BULLIED! JUST THOUGHT I'D LET YOU KNOW!

The hell am I reading...

I hope it didn't escape your notice... but there's war now too...

But no no, you're right, clearly a generation where people are smarter and more capable of fucking with your mind doesn't mean anything. Since you know, getting completely abandoned/isolated by/from your peers to be constantly abused and attacked isn't something that should be stopped or talked about. Clearly.

/facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Rambard View Post
    How is this even a remotely fair comparison? OH HAI GUIZ! I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WAR IS MORE STRESSFUL THAN BEING BULLIED! JUST THOUGHT I'D LET YOU KNOW!

The hell am I reading...

I hope it didn't escape your notice... but there's war now too...

But no no, you're right, clearly a generation where people are smarter and more capable of fucking with your mind doesn't mean anything. Since you know, getting completely abandoned/isolated by/from your peers to be constantly abused and attacked isn't something that should be stopped or talked about. Clearly.

/facepalm
    Your post could've been so much win if it was written like this:

"I think you had it bad and I'mma let you whine about it, but I just wanted to tell you war was much worse!"
    With a picture of Kanye.

In the end, it doesn't matter: There was war then, and there is war now. There were bullies then, and there are bullies now. The only difference is the bullies seem to have more easy targets now.

Just for you Valort.

Not that I condone bullying, but I think the over parenting of kids has made the problem worse. What used to be settled by kids on the playground/bus is now settled by administrators and parents/lawyers. This leads to bullies never really being put in their place, and having to resort to more extreme measures to get what they really are after: a reaction.

I was bullied in middle/high school, and I dealt with it on my own. The tough kid on the bus who treated everyone like crap got a trash can full of soda, spit and other garbage placed over his head on the way home from the last day of school. The bus driver just looked the other way, and the following year, the bully wasn't a bully anymore. For the next few years, the bus was civil and without fights, it wasn't until a crop of new kids from another "generation" started to show up that we had problems.

Kids need to understand that if you want to be a unique little snow flake, you will not be accepted by everyone. You need to manage your expectations, and learn to deal with people who don't like you. This translates to business and personal life, as well. You won't always be in first place, you won't get a participation ribbon for showing up to work everyday. You might think you are the most creative, interesting and awesome person on the whole planet, but throughout life, there will always be someone in a position of authority over you, and if they don't like you, you will need to learn to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambard View Post

Just for you Valort.
    A 1000 internetz for you, Sir!