Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never got used to WASD. I always remap to Arrow keys, Num Pad and other functional keys on right side of the keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon of Light View Post
    -snip-
    That just feels awkward... O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I used almost the same setup as drake on my naga for the BWE. Long term I'll probably shift the 1-5 keys off onto another set of keybinds and remap the naga pad to match so I'm not haveing overlap between the naga thumb keys and keys I can actualy reach with my left hand. That of corse rides on me actualy finding a need for more bindings over there. while I wow I only used 1-5 for low priorty keybinds as I dont like reaching for them they are still in reach and theres no point double useing them if I'm useing my mouse for all those abilities.

Good call on shift = down, I didnt think of that but it would have helped the few times I went underwater. I mostly just mousemoved the direction I wanted to go for elevation controll.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojimaru View Post
    For some reason, the client couldn't register my Scroll Wheel button (MB3) :/
    Don't worry, same with me, I think it was just a bug, hopefully fixed in the next BWE or monday's stress test.

@Bacon of Light: damn that's uncomfortable... how have you not developed an RSI yet?

as for my keybindings:
    definitely need to optimise my keybinds as I just rushed through them, due to only having about 3 hours to spend on the BWE -.-

IJKL - movement.
    Weapon Swap - Middle Mouse Button(when they let us bind it)
    Dodge - Double tap movement key :O
    U - Weapon Skill 1 (maybe remove this altogether, now that i've found out you can right click to auto-cast said ability).
    O - Weapon Skill 2
    H - Weapon Skill 3
    G - Weapon Skill 4
    ; - Weapon Skill 5
    Y - Heal
    7 - Utility Skill 1
    8 - Utility Skill 2
    9 - Utility Skill 3
    0 - Elite Skill
    # - Dark Shroud
    Last edited by mmoce7a0623b54; 2012-05-11 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I mapped 0-9 to the num pad.
    Profession mechanics mapped to the arrow keys (just to the left of the num pad).
    Everything else is default.
    Huh.... don't you use your mouse?

Deleted
    I use a nostromo so, the buttons were

Tab totarget or swith weapons depending on the char
    Q 1
    E 2
    R 3
    Button next to A 4
    F for interact
    Shift+F 5
    Z thro v with utility and healll wheel up and down for 1 utility and elite
    Arrows for F1-F4

10+ Year Old Account
    I used most of the defaults during the Beta, only mapping my heal and utility skills differently (and autorun). Oh, and I use a AZERTY-keyboard, in case you're wondering why "A" isn't strafe left.
    A: Heal
    E: First Uitlity
    F Second Utility
    X: Third Utility
    G: Use/Loot/Talk

It was somewhat problematic for me, since I like mapping specific functions to specific keys.
    For example: "F" was my "gap-closer"-utility. This was perfectly fine, until I swapped to a weapon that had a gap-closer and didn't need the utility anymore. So now "3" was my gap-closer, but I wanted it to be "F".
    A system like with the Bartender add-on in WoW would be great, so you can swap pretty much on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I might end up binding "sheathe/draw weapons" to alt for the hell of it.
    I've always mapped this to backspace.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Ive already determined what my leveling / endgame build will be so ive designed my keybindings accordingly for PvE / PvP.

Standart Keyboard Movement W/A/S/D
    (Jump SPACE)
    Quick Turn (X)
    Caps Ventrilo
    Shift DXTory Video Recording Start / Stop for our Guildwars 2 Junkies Youtube Channel

Please Note I am a Clicker (FPS Gamer) So Clicking for me is as fast and functional as a Keybind Clicker. But I do Keybind Combos / Ground Target Abilities using Naga.

Razer Naga Keybinds

Profile #1 Weapon Great Sword

Naga Button 5 = Dodge Roll Forward (Time Delay 0.45 secs) Then Activate (X) "Quick Turn" This way you dodge roll through someone and quickly turn and attack from the back. Recommended Trait Strength Reckless Dodge Damaga Foes After Dodge Roll (5 Points)

Naga Button 6 = Dodge Back (Delay 0.45secs) Activate (X) For Quick Retreat (Can Also Speed Burst Ability After Quick Turn)

Naga Button 8 = Weapon Swap + Naga Profile Change too Profile 2 Rifle Naga Keybinds

Naga Button 4 = Whirlwind Attack (Delay 1.2 secs) Activate Rush (Great For Quick Speed Boost / Chasing Foes)

Naga Button 3 = Power Ups (Activate 7/8/9/0) Activate any or all at once thats binded depending on Build.

Naga Button 2 = Activate Frenzy / Bulls Charge (Delay 0.5 secs) Activate Great Sword (2) Hundred Blades Or What Ever Weapon Ability That Roots You or Deals Massive Melee DMG

Naga Button 1 = (4) Bladetrail Then (5) Rush

Mouse Button 5 = CC Breaker / Stability Utility 7/8/9/0 Any or All.

Profile #2 Weapon Rifle

Naga Button 2 = (5) Rifle Butt (DMG Knock Back) + (2) Aimed Shot (DMG & Cripples)

Naga Button 1 = Brutal Shot (DMG & Vulnerability) + (F1) Kill Shot (Burst DMG)

Profile #3 Weapon Hammer

Naga Button #2 (F1) + Left Click This way you Instantly Ground Target Ability where ever your Mouse is Located.

Naga Button #3 (3) Hammer Shock (Cripples Nearby Foes) + (4) Staggering Blow (Knock Back Nearby Foes)

Those are some of my more simple Combo Builds Ill save my more Complexe ones for myself Hope you Enjoyed...

Bare inmind Time Delays are subject to change.

I think I'm going to try moving my movement keys from WASD to ESDF to "create" four more action buttons to the left (1+Q+A+Z). We'll see if my brain can even adjust to doing that.

So:

ESDF: movement
    AQW: mainhand
    RT: offhand
    G: switch weapons
    ZXCV: 7-10 remap
    2345: F1-F4 remap

Heal on mousebutton3.
    Dodge on mousebutton4. I loved having dodge on a mousebutton. Real immediate response mid-run.

Wow, there are quite a few neat ideas that I should use, unless modifier+key will be implemented I should bind shift,ctrl and alt like some people have poster and definetely bind something to draw weapon just cause it looks cool.

`12345 - Default
    W - Forward
    A/D - Strafe
    Mouse 4 - Dodge
    Mouse 5 - Heal
    I can't remember the rest, but I used Q, E, Shift, S, Z, X, and C

I think E was F1, but that's it. XD

- and = were used for walk and sheath weapon.

I was using;

-WASD
    -1 to 5 for weapon skills
    -F1 - F4 as it is
    -C for healing
    -V, B, N for utility skills

Strafing with Q/E, because I've been used to it for so long.
    Double tapping WASD for dodging.

Thinking of putting class skill on Z.

Once the games out, I am sure this will change. I just wanted to play smooth so havent changed around much. Still got 6 mouse buttons on my mouse to use for example.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Please Note I am a Clicker (FPS Gamer) So Clicking for me is as fast and functional as a Keybind Clicker. But I do Keybind Combos / Ground Target Abilities using Naga.
    I don't think I can respect your opinions anymore. :<

<- so elitist about keybinding vs clicking.

/mostlyhalfserious
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    How do you click in a FPS? Not trying to flame or question your play style but is it actually possible in most FPS's. Isn't the mouse like always connected to the aiming in those games. (potentially stupid question since I don't play anything but MMOs on PC)
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Hm. What FPS even have skill hotbars? I can't really think of any.

Most weapon swaps are keybound w/o bar overlay. Which means you would supposedly be a faster keyclicker than the average bear. The statement, though totally & objectively stupid, would make more sense if one said their background was in RTS. Where high APM & accuracy w/ mouse is desired. However, in the marque titles of that genre keybinds are equally important to all but the most casual of play. Again, meaning such a player would be even faster on the binds than an MMO gamer per causal and FPS gamer still....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The statement, though totally & objectively stupid, would make more sense if one said their background was in RTS.
    Would make sense with an RTS, yeah. I distinctly remember that mouse-clicks basically only fired your weapon. FPS games are where the idea for mouse-turning originated, isn't it?

Yes....

/10char POE beta event!

I just bought a sexy razer naga mouse and black widow keyboard.
    I think a few hrs of the next BWE will be spent working out exactly where I want all my lovely skills to be

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    WASD; Walk, Left strafe, Backwards, Right Strafe
    12345; Weapon skills
    Shift1-Shift4 (when available); Profession skills
    qer; Utility skills
    c; Heal
    v; ultimate
    b; Reply to tell
    §; Weapon swap
    Shift-B; Inventory

I usually use 1-5 then Q-T as skills, but if I can not shift the bars around it may be confusing. I might have a go at using the numpad of my x6 since I can move it to the left side. But still, I like the keys to be stacked on the screen like they are on the keyboard. I can't really reach my function keys that well either so really I am kinda feeling f'd.