Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the layout (link below) I'm using for the Logitech G13, I'm going to test out in today's beta to see if it's comfortable. For my mouse, Razer Deathadder, button 4 will be for Dodging and button 5 for Jumping, maybe. I'll make changing during the beta if certain things aren't working out for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    So are you able to map keys to specific in-game commands, or are you only able to set it to keyboard inputs? :<

What I mean is, when pushing a Logitech G13 button, would your computer be able to recognize it as it's own key?
    It's honestly the one thing I dislike about my Razer Naga that I wish I could find a way around. Would love to be able to push a button on the Naga and have a skill be specifically mapped to that, rather than that Naga button simply translate to "1" to the computer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    So are you able to map keys to specific in-game commands, or are you only able to set it to keyboard inputs? :<

What I mean is, when pushing a Logitech G13 button, would your computer be able to recognize it as it's own key?
    It's honestly the one thing I dislike about my Razer Naga that I wish I could find a way around. Would love to be able to push a button on the Naga and have a skill be specifically mapped to that, rather than that Naga button simply translate to "1" to the computer.
    Can't you just set it to unused buttons on your keyboard, anyways? Like, I highly doubt you have most of the right half of your keyboard bound to anything. >.>

(Plus the fact that you wouldn't use that AND a keyboard, since we haven't evolved to have three arms yet)

10+ Year Old Account

With the G13 there are several ways to bind these keys, but what I've done here was map the keys on the G13 to the ones on my keyboard. Example, I want to use G20 for Inventory, I have to tell the G13 to map G20 to I (inventory key for the game), G20 = I, and so on. Hope I'm explaining it right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Javey View Post
    With the G13 there are several ways to bind these keys, but what I've done here was map the keys on the G13 to the ones on my keyboard. Example, I want to use G20 for Inventory, I have to tell the G13 to map G20 to I (inventory key for the game), G20 = I, and so on. Hope I'm explaining it right.
    Darn, I keep hoping to be able to map directly to in-game commands.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Darn, I keep hoping to be able to map directly to in-game commands.
    I'm curious though.. why?
    Again, it's not like you use the G13 at the same time as your keyboard. >.>

My GF does the same with Steelseries merc stealth keyboard, all the additional buttons are mapped to "proper keys" in the engine while you have the rest of the keyboard work regularly

I now have a 7 button mouse. Not sure what to do.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I now have a 7 button mouse. Not sure what to do.
    Hit buttons!

Deleted
    On the naga,

num 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 0 hotbar abilities

mouse 4 weaponswitch
    mouse 5 flip character 180
    + Hero panel
    - inventory

keyboard

1,2,3,4 stance abilites
    Left Alt dodge with double tap set on wasdqe
    Left ctrl view alies
    right ctrl view enemies

# hi res screen shot
    prt scr low res screen shot

edit: i wasn't able to bind mouse 3 the click on the mouse wheel, did anyone run into this issue, had it have worked i would be using mouse 3 for the map.

Seemed to work alright
    Last edited by mmoc6ac2e31c48; 2012-05-15 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadhrim View Post

edit: i wasn't able to bind mouse 3 the click on the mouse wheel, did anyone run into this issue, had it have worked i would be using mouse 3 for the map.
    Don't think that its possible yet, hopefully it gets added in with the modifier keys. I like to have forward movement also on my mouse wheel.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    So I took my mesmer to the wasp queen region and just stayed there until I'd learnt how to use my naga and G13 effectively. Worked out well...was only a few minutes before I was moving and reacting without even thinking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Don't think that its possible yet, hopefully it gets added in with the modifier keys. I like to have forward movement also on my mouse wheel.
    Hopefully it will.

I normally just hold both the left and right click for forward movement.

Deleted
    For my Mesmer:

Also WSAD for front-back-strafe left-strafe right.
    Besides that I'll just keep Right-Click to Interact, Mouse 5 to Auto-Run and Mouse 4 to Walk/Swim Down.