Glutimine (how and when)?

I'm slimming down (losing fat) all the while working on building muscle...I wouldn't mind bulking up later but bringing my body fat percentage is top priority right now. Workouts are 5-6 days a week...but cardio is on hole for a few weeks thanks to an injury to my leg (my fault, thought I was stretched/warmed up for sprinting drills and I wasn't, apparently). The only sup I'm taking right now is whey protein as I can't the taste of beef.

I wanted to start adding glutimine into the mix but I keep reading conflicting information on when and how much a person should be taking. Can anyone give some suggestions on what works best?

Glutamine is synthezied by your body and is also abundantly available in most foods (all meat, all dairy, eggs, most veggies).

If your diet is solid then your body will have no use for the excess concentrated glutamine you add.

I tend to take 2 500mg tablets a couple of hours are a workout and then again in the morning if I am still really feeling it. There is so much conflicting evidence but the only thing you can do is test it. If you see a difference stick with it, if not drop it from your routine. Honestly I was a bit "meh" when I was looking into it but gave it a go and I can feel the difference. Granted I am sure someone will point out "placebo effect". But whatever works for you ......... Works.

If you eat meat or eggs 3 times a day and drink a few glasses of milk, then your daily glutamine intake from food would be around 8-10g (thats 8000-10000mg). That's just to put the amount you get from glutamine tablets in perspective.

As glutamine is the most common amino acid there is, there is really no reason to supplement it. Sure, it will help with gains, but to an extent that really isnt worth your money.

I didn't notice any gains from mine, didnt lose any gains when i stopped taking it. But that might just be me.

If you are already taking whey protein, I wouldn't bother with glutamine. Not worth the money.
    most likely drunk and posting

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MET-Rx-L-Glu...6810051&sr=8-1
    £10 for 200 tablets, thats 100 doses. Cheap enough to test to see if you get any gains.