Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
19
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Blizzard used an extremely effective strategy to keep players paying. It was an absolutely genius move from them as a company.
    I love it when people make assumptions about what you mean so that they can create an opportunity to inject their opinion in response to something you never actually said.

  2. #162
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,665
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    The guy is out of line but things you've been handed include; levels, epic gear, achievements, epic mounts, gold, arena rating and virtually everything else there is to acquire in WoW that once required a certain display of skill to acquire.
    You are confusing "skill" with "time"
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  3. #163
    Bloodsail Admiral Orodoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ridgeland, South Carolina
    Posts
    1,183
    chance that WoW is "saved" and "stable" - 98%
    chance that people will still continue to make "QQ WoW is dying because I have an important opinion!" threads - 98%

    >_<#

  4. #164
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    "To launch atleast two titles including diablo 3" so that means 3 games this year or just two? The wording is abit confusing.

    If anything though, it will obviously be Diablo 3, Pandaria and Heart of the Swarm.
    D3, MoP and Dota.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Blizzard will launch "at least" two titles in 2012, including Diablo 3.

    So, they pretty much confirmed that HoS will not launch this year since MoP is already in Beta for some time
    you missed the "at least" bit....

  6. #166
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,669
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
    I'm amazed at how a bunch of people at home on their computers care so much about these numbers as if they stand to lose millions of dollars if WoW loses subscribers.

    Guys, you are overly passionate about a video game, look at you, sitting around your home, some of you jobless, and excited that your fantasy world still has people that like it. (Not trolling here - just stating the view from the side of reality. I like reading about MMOs but no time to play them.)

    This number indicates there has been zero growth despite the hype of a new patch and a new expansion on the horizon. While people may jump for joy going "Yay! No losses!", there's no growth. Blizzard's attempt to stop the bleeding with the annual pass has been applied, but once that bandaid falls off, what next?
    When the bandaid falls off, we will have Mists of Pandaria. And I assure you, the hype is not a lie this time. Mists of Pandaria is exactly what it claims to be, a new look at an old game.
    Sometimes I think I should have rolled a Priest....


  7. #167
    Not surprised. LFR was a great adition and i knew that it will stop the bleeding.

    MoP will increse the subs numbers again, and it will depend on how good it is and who is it aimed to.

    Aim the xpac for elitists like Cata when launched and it will fail, aim it to casuals like last quarter Cata and will keep the subs that will come back with MoP.

  8. #168
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Thuran View Post
    League of legends finds it cute that you would cheer over a mere 15 mllion subs
    I got stuck at the part where you would even grasp the thought to compare the subs of a Free to Play MOBA game where you do the same thing over and over again to a $15 a month Pay to Play MMORPG game.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Watching Haters Writhe in Agony, it is a very good day.
    "You have a different opinion than me about a product? HATER!"

  10. #170
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You're playing in Cataclysm, you really SHOULD know that time equals reward, not skill, perhaps you've forgotten the old days, weren't skilled in them or perhaps you weren't there.
    The only one who has forgotten "the old days" is obviously you.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by jouricarver View Post
    you missed the "at least" bit....
    you really think MoP will stay on BETA until next year?

  12. #172
    I love blizz. WoW is greatest game of all time. It's getting better and better every day! I'm firm in my believe 25 million players this time next year! WoW has never done wrong!

  13. #173
    So, if your next best grocery store is offering 2+1 oranges tomorrow, will you go there and laugh at anyone who bought oranges because they got magically "tricked" ?

  14. #174
    Dreadlord Tarx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    787
    1.2m annual pass doesn't count because most players buy it for the diablo 3 and the mount plus the beta access. I we all know blizzard can public what ever his like so its not 100% true.

  15. #175
    The Patient Meebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Caboolture
    Posts
    302
    It's sad that the subscriber base is stable at 10.2mil yet Blizz wont even consider servers based in Aus because of the costs. >_>

  16. #176
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,964
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    142 actually. Guess I shouldn't be so hard on others. My emotional IQ is probably under 100
    No genious then on the IQ scale, not sure why you're trying to act all superior really. You're basically bashing people and calling them imbeciles for liking a game you don't? I wouldn't call that intelligent at all. I'd call that narrow-minded and childish.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with even more obstacles so that you miss out on rares.

  17. #177
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Common Sense Nation
    Posts
    758
    another 3 years of WoW confirmed! I like!

  18. #178
    Gee, what do you know... they go from relatively difficult heroics and inaccessible raids to much more accessible heroics and raids and people tend to stick around. Are there still people who think the subscriber loss was because the game got too "easy"?

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    lol of course it's stable...they tricked a million users with the annual pass to stop bleeding subs.........
    So, why didn't the other 9 million leave?
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~

    ~Just because we can string words together to form what looks like a coherent sentence does not mean the sentence really makes any sense.~

  20. #180
    Scarab Lord ringpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States of Fear
    Posts
    4,865
    In response to all the fanbois' glee at their god not losing worshippers:

    My like or dislike of WoW isn't based on how many other people are still forking out for a monthly sub. I don't like where the game has gone, and I don't think it's as good as it used to be, although MoP is at least showing some promise of being better than Cataclysm. The only reason I'm at all disappointed to not see sub numbers dropping further is because I think it lowers the chances Activision-Blizzard will take the game in a direction I might enjoy in the future.

    For those of you who do think the quality of gaming experience is measured solely by number of players, I suggest you check out Super Mario Bros. and Kinect Adventures.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •