Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    new arcade in coming months the "arcade"includes blizz dota right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    This is a game, and yet a "a whole bunch" of people treat it with a seriousness that would befit solving the world hunger or saving the planet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    lol of course it's stable...they tricked a million users with the annual pass to stop bleeding subs.........
    Wheres is the trick?
    - Diablo 3
    - Beta access
    - New Tyreal Mount

... all that for a 12 month sub which in my case ( and others ) would happen either way. This is quite a bargain.

You want a trick? " Hum .. lets give players that arent subbed free game time, say that we love them and count them as active subscribers" .
    Now that is a cool trick ...

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    you really think MoP will stay on BETA until next year?
    i don't think you understand what "at least" means in this context.

it means "2 for sure and maybe more".

So no change means the fanboys saying "Omg wow will gain 300k subs" were right?

Awesome logic. Blizzard counts the people who quit 1 month after Scroll as well so this means almost nothing.

If free Cata and Annual pass are needed to keep subs from dropping after 4 months of DS i wonder what they will come up with next quarter?

Free Savior titles and Legendaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    D3 and blizzard DOTA are games, MoP and HotS are expacs.
    It really depends on how you do terminology.

Some people would call $40 expansions a game, and I think Blizzard would see them as games also.

Also realize just because Blizzard said they expect only two games doesn't mean they will have all three, D3, MoP, and HotS. (I doubt DOTA is close to done yet and we will receive it this year)

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    So, what exactly changed in the last 3 months ? Right, nothing.

- We've seen the MoP beta which caused a massive hype and should have increased the subs, didn't happen though.
    - People that had the annual pass still have it.
    - People that could stand 4.3 to begin with probably still can.

So sorry to tell you guys, take the hands out of your pants, because you didn't win either.
    Yepp 100% spot on

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post
    I'm amazed at how a bunch of people at home on their computers care so much about these numbers as if they stand to lose millions of dollars if WoW loses subscribers.

Guys, you are overly passionate about a video game, look at you, sitting around your home, some of you jobless, and excited that your fantasy world still has people that like it. (Not trolling here - just stating the view from the side of reality. I like reading about MMOs but no time to play them.)

This number indicates there has been zero growth despite the hype of a new patch and a new expansion on the horizon. While people may jump for joy going "Yay! No losses!", there's no growth. Blizzard's attempt to stop the bleeding with the annual pass has been applied, but once that bandaid falls off, what next?
    And you're sitting around your home, maybe jobless (since you brought that up) and reading about games you do not even play, theory crafting and obviously caring about a fantasy world you're actually not a part of?

Lol.

THEY LIE blizz IZ liarz Thay are brainwashing usss with 2 many numbors and staaffff who can cont all da way 2 millionz dey be stoopid wtf is rung wuth u people<<<<<<prediction of what haters will say

Developing the ground-breaking Call of Duty Black ops II. Ground breaking? seriously? any word could have been more appropriate. ANY. Maybe it's fun but sure as hell aint ground breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    You're playing in Cataclysm, you really SHOULD know that time equals reward, not skill, perhaps you've forgotten the old days, weren't skilled in them or perhaps you weren't there.
    In the old days there wasn't any skill involved whatsoever. It was all about time, time, time. All about the Korean Grind.

Just look at Molten Core for example, the mechanics where insanely easy. One boss only did fear every so often and that was it. It was all about the time spent grinding up, getting gear for the raid, getting 40 people together, having the time to raid, etc etc etc.

Vanilla WoW had very little skill in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, good

Its pretty cool i think, that WoW has 10.2 million people after SWTOR. And to the wow haters... That number pretty much says it wont fail for a while :P

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Not surprised. LFR was a great adition and i knew that it will stop the bleeding.

MoP will increse the subs numbers again, and it will depend on how good it is and who is it aimed to.

Aim the xpac for elitists like Cata when launched and it will fail, aim it to casuals like last quarter Cata and will keep the subs that will come back with MoP.
    If Looking For Raid was enough to 'stop the bleeding', the subscription base would have increased from the Scroll of Resurrection and Annual pass.

But, please, continue with your idiotic, baseless, virtual class warfare between 'elitists' and 'casuals'.

Let's not forget that this happened in a periode with the biggest challenge WOW ever had: the launch of a Star Wars hyped MMO with millions of an EA marketing budget to "go for the 12.000.000 subs" WOW had.

Once you reach this point, you can beat any subscription based challenge.

As for other models like GW2 or Diablo 3 : it is now up to Blizzard to guide WOW through these new challenges of business models.

But to me it is clear the RMAH could function in an adapted form in a limited subscription fee for WOW too.

I guess this is due to people coming back from swtor

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    In response to all the fanbois' glee at their god not losing worshippers:

My like or dislike of WoW isn't based on how many other people are still forking out for a monthly sub. I don't like where the game has gone, and I don't think it's as good as it used to be, although MoP is at least showing some promise of being better than Cataclysm. The only reason I'm at all disappointed to not see sub numbers dropping further is because I think it lowers the chances Activision-Blizzard will take the game in a direction I might enjoy in the future.

For those of you who do think the quality of gaming experience is measured solely by number of players, I suggest you check out Super Mario Bros. and Kinect Adventures.
    2 days ago Tera was chosen as the new WoW killer.

The Old Republic announced a nearly 25% drop in subscribers.

I was bracing to have to hold back a tide of "exodus to Tera!" threads when the latest drop came out.

In this last quarter, which was a referendum on 4.3, Mists of Pandaria, and the new casual-friendly design, WoW emerged unscathed. While it could have been better, we proved that the anti-casual panda people that were jumping ship was in fact equalized by those who took the plunge back (or for the first time) into WoW because of these changes.

We proved that despite what the doomsayers said, MoP would not kill WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

- We've seen the MoP beta which caused a massive hype and should have increased the subs, didn't happen though.

So sorry to tell you guys, take the hands out of your pants, because you didn't win either.
    Ofc we WON, we won against haters stating that WoW would be below the 9 million mark at this time. Other than that, there's not really any win or loss to be had. As long as the game is around, I'mma keep playing and enjoying it, haters can go be emo in a corner for all I care that not everyone agrees with them on what games are bad and not .

Wait...stabilizing? nnnnNNNNOOOO! WoW is dying, duh! WoW is just...it's dead guyz! Wahh wahh wahhh wahhh! Ughhh....seriously though, good news.

Nailed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    D3, MoP and Dota.
    Depending on how Blizzard does DOTA don't expect it to come out any time soon. Might not even be out until late 2013 or beyond. HotS on the other hand is already fairly far into development and close to beta testing.