Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Yea we get it, if you like this news you're a fanboy, if you hate it you're a hater.

Here's the facts. WoW was released in 2004 and still has 10x the subscriber base of any MMO to date. Try to dispute that.
    Westward Journey Online says Hi, little brother WoW.

wtf is westward journey online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Westward Journey is a chinese free mmo. It's kinda hard to compare popular free mmo's to popular paid mmo's. It's like saying facebook totally beats wow in subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Westward Journey is a chinese free mmo. It's kinda hard to compare popular free mmo's to popular paid mmo's. It's like saying facebook totally beats wow in subscribers.
    not free, it is the primary source of revenue for netease (or fantasy westward journey, I get them confused).

It uses the same payment system over half of wow subscribers use, is that good enough? Or is wow 'free' in china too?

Seriously, go dig in netease's sec-filed financials and show me where they are running their mmo for free.

If people want to talk about wow being the biggest 'western' mmo with maybe 4~MILLION subscribers, that is fine, it is more than twice as large as any competitor, but most folks like to include the china subs and make the number substantially bigger (the famous 10.2m number) and only compare it to western mmo's.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2012-06-11 at 04:23 PM.

Hmm , anyone know when the next report is ? Curious to see the numbers. =D

Its hilarious to me that all the Blizzard fans think this is some type of victory...

Victory? Victory, you say? Master Obi-Wan, not victory...

This is a BAD thing for you as a player. It means that Blizzard will think they are doing things RIGHT, and they will continue to treat you, their customers, as they have been. If subs had continued to drop, maybe they would have realized how bad of a company they are becoming and made an effort to fix things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Its hilarious to me that all the Blizzard fans think this is some type of victory...

This is a BAD thing for you as a player. It means that Blizzard will think they are doing things RIGHT, and they will continue to treat you, their customers, as they have been. If subs had continued to drop, maybe they would have realized how bad of a company they are becoming and made an effort to fix things.
    The spectre of further pandalandazation of wow has suddenly been overshadowed by the real possibility of vivendi divestment of their stake in ATVI. If this comes to pass in any form (and there are a number of possibilities), all bets are off with what wow will look like in 2 years, but I do think that the vast majority of posters here (on both sides of most issues) aren't going to like it.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account

Who is this "all" that you are speaking of? Bad generalization is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say no to necrophilia, let this thread slink back into limbo please, it earned it's eternal rest after so much flaming.

Just was curious when the next report was due , It seems like it's close but forgot when it was. Just inquiring to that. O.o

Deleted

Well since the battle of the gamers have been going on since vanilla with the all so ancient "wow will die!". So yes, it is a sort of victory since they got prof now that wow is in fact not dying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Just was curious when the next report was due , It seems like it's close but forgot when it was. Just inquiring to that. O.o
    Since the last one was in May, I'd bet on August.

Deleted
    untill some1 comes up with a mmo like bf2 was a fps,BALANCED"" then ppl will qqqqqqq, pve has messed pvp up and pvp has messed pve up, fanbois will praise blizz and slag all other of for how awesome pandas will be, and u can look over my other posts about cata, same shit 5 lvls. same shared lock on 10/25 raids means fk all to do for months as it has been all cata witch is nothing less than laziness from blizz
    Last edited by mmoce85cdeb601; 2012-07-05 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    untill some1 comes up with a mmo like bf2 was a fps,BALANCED"" then ppl will qqqqqqq, pve has messed pvp up and pvp has messed pve up, fanbois will praise blizz and slag all other of for how awesome pandas will be, and u can look over my other posts about cata, same shit 5 lvls. same shared lock on 10/25 raids means fk all to do for months as it has been all cata witch is nothing less than laziness from blizz
    "You don't have to bottle up your anger like that. There may be people fifty miles from here who didn't hear you" (c)
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Well, at the time of that announcement it drop in subs stopped and stabilized at 10.2 miljon.
    We have now closed Q2 2012. I expect this month the new numbers.... and I'm afraid that this time around they can't claim that it is still stable.

Does anyone know when Blizzard will publish those numbers?

Hey all just wanted to chime in on this,

Nor hate or fanboyism will be posted from my response but just wanted to say although i love WoW i have left the game and the only reason why I'm still a paid subscriber is because of the Annual pass which ends up in the end of October or November cant remember. So to sit here and say that this game is dead or not doesn't really matter cause it never will be so the haters gotta stop hating. I am curious to see how many subscribers they may lose from Q4 2012 because of all the Annual pass holders in that time frame that may be waiting for it to end. Assuming Blizzard is Smart MoP will be out in October to counter that number of subs that may leave this game. The reason why i left the game has nothing to do with with Pandas or crap like that like others are saying, rather a staleness that was left within my guild when LFR came out and the inability to form 10 man raids and such. I just felt like the social activity of learning mechanics with a core group left and handing out gear like i was going out trick-or-treating bothered me. That's just my take on the game......and please don't hate on me just my opinion

10+ Year Old Account

It seems all you do is hate on wow.

Quote Originally Posted by systematic View Post
    Hey all just wanted to chime in on this,

Nor hate or fanboyism will be posted from my response but just wanted to say although i love WoW i have left the game and the only reason why I'm still a paid subscriber is because of the Annual pass which ends up in the end of October or November cant remember. So to sit here and say that this game is dead or not doesn't really matter cause it never will be so the haters gotta stop hating. I am curious to see how many subscribers they may lose from Q4 2012 because of all the Annual pass holders in that time frame that may be waiting for it to end. Assuming Blizzard is Smart MoP will be out in October to counter that number of subs that may leave this game. The reason why i left the game has nothing to do with with Pandas or crap like that like others are saying, rather a staleness that was left within my guild when LFR came out and the inability to form 10 man raids and such. I just felt like the social activity of learning mechanics with a core group left and handing out gear like i was going out trick-or-treating bothered me. That's just my take on the game......and please don't hate on me just my opinion
    I doubt they'll lose many, if any subs from the annual pass running out. Most of the people that paid for it did so because they were going to be playing WoW all year any way and the added extras were just nice bonuses.

It's also highly unlikely that the number of subs will drop until Q1 2013, because... Christmas and Blizzard's marketing. And when it's getting close to Q1 2013, we can expect the next major content patch to be dropping, to stymie any loss of subs.