Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrockks View Post
    I sincerely hope it's an additional effect instead of a revamp...
    That 20 extra rage when being kited or controlled is really nice expecially combined with the heal it has a chance to give.
    The healing was changed to be 3% per second at any point you're below 35% HP; this keeps you out of execute range for the most part and will make a Warrior nearly impossible to bring down when they're using defensive cooldowns. The rage bonus for being hit with a root or stun hasn't gone anywhere, it's still there.

Second Wind is probably in line with ER and IV now; it's not going to help you stay topped off, but it's going to work much better with defensive cooldowns than the other two will. ER requires an enormous rage cost (or pop berserker rage to guarantee enraged status; pray you don't get soothed or shivved), and IV is a melee-range attack.

Actually, IV's looking weak. It provides the same 20% HP over 60 seconds as ER does, but requires melee range and (I think) also requires a weapon. If anything, IV should heal for 15%, or benefit from the Victory Rush glyph (which would make it heal for 15%.)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

things i am very happy with on beta as an arms warrior:
    -new sweeping strikes
    -rage generation in battle stance
    -enrage boosting ms rage generation as well as auto attacks
    -colossus smash no rage requirement (HUGE improvement from this change alone)

Some issues remain these are the ones i can remember atm:
    -new seconds wind seems lacking
    -gcd on hamstring needs to be reduced back to 1 sec
    -new taste for blood over power ramp ups seem to be buggy some times never stacks from procs. tho this is a simple bug not an issue.

Deleted
    I can't comment on fury but arms is starting to look solid in both PvE & PvP terms.
    Also I think Second Wind is pretty much on spot. It starts ticking when you need it, it ticks for quite a lot & if the warrior knows what he's doing will take some coordinated burst from his opponents. Now let's just hope for Chimaeron 2.0 :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Leticron View Post
    I can't comment on fury but arms is starting to look solid in both PvE & PvP terms.
    Also I think Second Wind is pretty much on spot. It starts ticking when you need it, it ticks for quite a lot & if the warrior knows what he's doing will take some coordinated burst from his opponents. Now let's just hope for Chimaeron 2.0 :P.
    at what level did you test second wind ?

Even though I don't play a Warrior as main, I like the changes, especially to Second Wind, it's something new and fresh. Also the new OP mechanic seems quite nice... But downside is, RNG = RNG

Its funny how people on the beta are saying "second wind is overpowered!!!" i don't agree with that because we can be countered easily, its called saving burst cds for the execute phase.

Deleted
    They seem rly legit tbh

Burst damage kills you in pvp, burst healing can save you, not a 3% HoT. Could be nice for duels btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Its funny how people on the beta are saying "second wind is overpowered!!!" i don't agree with that because we can be countered easily, its called saving burst cds for the execute phase.
    Force defensive cooldowns, rotate off, line up burst cooldowns, and swap back to the warrior and basically leapfrog the Second Wind window. It'll happen.

But at the same time, a warrior with second wind will learn to control those impulses and save those defensive cooldowns until AFTER they're in Second Wind range to maximize its effectiveness - but you're also running the risk of getting outskilled by a stunlock at 36% and dying without being able to pop the cooldowns, especially if your trinket's down.

I like the difference in playstyles the revamped Second Wind's going to introduce - that's the entire point of the new talent system in the first place, right?

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    Burst damage kills you in pvp, burst healing can save you, not a 3% HoT. Could be nice for duels btw.
    3% per second is quite a lot of healing, and you can't be burst down with Shield Wall, Shield Barrier, or Shield Block running. Second Wind will also translate to effective healing if you time CC effects like Intimidating Shout, Storm Bolt, Shockwave, or even just Heroic Leap into LoS properly.

Don't forget the free rage, either - it's pretty significant now that we don't generate rage from taking damage (I doubt people are going to PvP in Berserker over Battle.)
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    3% max health per second is absolutely insane. It's 3 times the strength of an untalented recuperate (although most rogues pick up quickening and/or imp recup making it either 3.6%/4%/4.8% per 3s) and people complain about recup quite often. I think a lot of people are underestimating just how much healing this is.

I HATE HATE HATE the new shield block. You can micro manage it all you want, and you still feel like you lose. At least before your had the illusion that you could obtain 100% uptime..
    Fury on the other hand is pretty nice. Definitely on the right track for dps. If only they paid the same kind of attention to protection

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    3% max health per second is absolutely insane. It's 3 times the strength of an untalented recuperate (although most rogues pick up quickening and/or imp recup making it either 3.6%/4%/4.8% per 3s) and people complain about recup quite often. I think a lot of people are underestimating just how much healing this is.
    I think people are also underestimating the likelihood of it being hit by a gigantic nerf bat.

I just came to the realization that I prefer how arms plays on live over how it plays on MoP. Considering how all around shitty stacking LTTS is and timing all your damage around CS that should explain to you just how freaking terrible arms burst set up will be in MoP PvP.

There's not thinking involved in the new tfb. No matter which way you slice it, no matter how you might think "oh, this'll force theory crafters to solve when the best time to CS would be with OP stacks" because when push comes to shove, this does nothing to how our MoP rotation work except make it even blander.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I think people are also underestimating the likelihood of it being hit by a gigantic nerf bat.

I just came to the realization that I prefer how arms plays on live over how it plays on MoP. Considering how all around shitty stacking LTTS is and timing all your damage around CS that should explain to you just how freaking terrible arms burst set up will be in MoP PvP.

There's not thinking involved in the new tfb. No matter which way you slice it, no matter how you might think "oh, this'll force theory crafters to solve when the best time to CS would be with OP stacks" because when push comes to shove, this does nothing to how our MoP rotation work except make it even blander.
    You're complaining that warriors can finally turn now with the removal of rend?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    The difference is that Recuperate is free and can be active at all times. Second Wind will only be in effect during the last 35% HP. I'd be fine with them reducing its amount healed, but they're going to need to increase the threshold if they do that, as well; 1% per second only under 35% HP? Why not just give us the previous version of Second Wind back?

Seems like they are changing OP again, this time it will increase the damage of Slam each time you OP it will stack up, they say its so you use OP until it stops proccing then Slam for burst, still don't like the new tfb and slam should be a filler not the hardest hitting attack really. What was wrong with the live arms rotation, with Ltts being gone and stance dancing and rend gone a few tweaks to make deepwounds procs OP would have been decent, with MS being 6 seconds why not make OP proc every 4.5 seconds so its like a reverse live rotation, change the rage values to compensate and the rotation could work. Also Deadly calm seems like its going to be pants, they should maybe rework HS to be dif for each spec as for arms it could do with some changes.
    Fury also needs to be re balanced rotationally, it seems to almost have too much rage atm, at lv 89 I can use WS frequently without BS procs and HS too, and far too much damage is coming from auto attack and WS, its not fun when 2/3 of your dmg is passive or 1 skill as it removes the feeling of you having an effect over your dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The difference is that Recuperate is free and can be active at all times. Second Wind will only be in effect during the last 35% HP. I'd be fine with them reducing its amount healed, but they're going to need to increase the threshold if they do that, as well; 1% per second only under 35% HP? Why not just give us the previous version of Second Wind back?
    Actually it's rather simple. Second Wind HP Reg has to be high enough to make it substantially harder to kill a Warrior below 35% hp. So the question is not really if hp regen too high right now, but rather to find the right spot between "doesn't do enough" & "warriorz r unkillable lulz".

Also I have to correct myself. After further testing (this time under real life conditions instead of target dummy bashing) this overpower buffing overpower taste for blood thing is clumsy and mh... just bad. I think it'll be better with overpower buffing slam though.

Deleted
    Yes... Warriors seems to get the spotlight this week. I still don't see where they are going, thought they seem to just being brainstorming away. If the last hit were to hit beta (GC says that it may get changed before it's patched, so figure the speed of things) is like their intent is to make OP the true heart of the rotation, instead of MS, making it so you OP if it's up until you can't OP anymore, regardless of MS being up or not.

Deleted
    It makes sense to design Overpower like that. MS already does a ton of things, so having Overpower do at least something interesting is a good move.
    MS always procs Overpower though, so if the new slam buff lasts long enough, MS will still have a higher priority, until perhaps you reach 5 stacks of "ME SLAM, ME CRUSH!!!" (or whatever its name will be ), where you just slam for 400% +1800 weapon damage.
    The way I see it:
    CS > MS > 5 Stack Slam > Overpower > Slam without 5 stacks.
    With HS being "bonus" dps, you want to weave in during CS.

Interesting Part is the right use of slam & HS. Other than that there is not too much going on.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    at what level did you test second wind ?
    I tested it on lvl 85 with ~ 150k life. I gathered 10 mobs (were only lvl 84-85) and as soon as I dropped to 35%, I was immortal . It was awesome. With the current mechanic of second wind, new doors just opened for warrior playstyle. This talent probably won't help you much if you are being focused hard, but it allows you to delay your death vs 1-3 opponents by quite a lot, if combined with shield wall, die by the sword etc.

It's hard to tell if it is op or fine.. I think it's fine, but we need to see lvl 90 healthpools and the amount of dmg and healing overall in pvp, when you are fully pvp equipped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    It is? I haven't actually gotten around to trying it as of yet to my deep regrets. Well, that's great news for me.
    Yup, it's one of the best DPS specs this tier. Makes me very happy since Arms is a lot more fun to play than Fury.