huuuuuge FPS drops?

Hey guys!

Current got version 1.2.5 (my pc specs are in sig) Got ModLoader, Forge, ExtraBiomes and the Zepp mod, and I currently get huge FPS drops when I go into areas with *loads* of trees.

I mean like, ~300 fps to 2-4 fps, changed all the settings to lowest, it still happens, had a tinker in nVidia Control Center, nothing.

Even on lowest settings I'm going from 600 to 5 fps.

I'm guessing the extrabiomes is causing it as no other mod has really caused this (that I can recall) is there anyway to fix it or shall I just scrap it?

EDIT: when I press F3, I get huge spikes, going to the top of my screen in red (is that the frame renderer?) and then the big angry red bar will rise for a bit, then decline, - I'm assuimg thats cpu usage - monitored my temps, they normal. 40 on my CPU, 50 on my GPU)
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    May be worth starting a fresh copy of Minecraft up with modloader and optifine and seeing what happens (couldnt see optifine in the list of mods). How does the pc handle other games in it's current state? Possibly a graphics card problem? You could try downloading MSI Afterburner and monitoring gpu temps. Other than that, im all out of ideas!