Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to make an apology.

I'd like to apologize to the pvp community, because of something that happened recently.

I'm known for sometimes being an aggressive poster on the forums here, where by when my opinion is hit my someone opposing I'll lash out at other posters for it, its not something I'm proud of, but anger issues sometimes clouds my judgement.

Recently, someone made a post on one of the general or mists forums about pvping in warcraft, and to this I left a comment saying 'I can't stand pvping myself, and see all pvpers as those just satisfying there eeping and for griefers'.

At the time I didn't think about this, until a close friend of mine called me up on it and how mad he was at me that I would say something like this, because him being a dedicated pvper, it made him feel like I was indirectly insulting him.

It was wrong of me to insult the pvp community, since I once use to enjoy it myself before cata, even joined in world pvping, and thought it was awesome when one of my other friends got his 'for the horde' title, something he worked hard to do.

I know for a fact, there is as much dedication from pvpers as raiders or any other kind of gameplay in wow, so it was wrong of me to say what I did. I respect pvpers that follow the rules, don't grief and show how skilled they are at it, since they set the best example for what it means, and its not right to have that marred by a few bad ones and people like myself making bad comments about it.

Again, I'm sorry for what I said, even if I don't enjoy pvp anymore, doesn't give me the right to insult those that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this reasoning and maturity I'm seeing? It scares me.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I read the thread topic and just came to say I forgive you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice apology!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see someone taking responsibility for their actions, especially online where you really don't have to. Good job!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont know what this is.

even tho I dont pvp (I personally cant stand it, but to each their own) I applaud you for apologizing

Don't feel too bad. This is the internet, and no one really cares what anyone else thinks about anything.

You were right though D:

People get offended over anything.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that.

Me? I'm unapologetic about my aggressive nature in posting.

Rawrs and shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    ive been pvping since vanilla, i dont understand what it is about cata particularly that you find ...opposing to your enjoyment of pvp? a class i know right now at this moment that really has it bad are destro locks ..thats about it i guess.

griefing is a part of wow life though. thats just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by inheat View Post
    ive been pvping since vanilla, i dont understand what it is about cata particularly that you find ...opposing to your enjoyment of pvp? a class i know right now at this moment that really has it bad are destro locks ..thats about it i guess.

griefing is a part of wow life though. thats just how it is.
    Destro lockz are funz! I find it the most enjoyable PvP class during Cata.

Anyways, it's nice to see someone apologize for their bashing. Good job!

thats kinda gay...

Mod edit: nope.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-05-10 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erotomania View Post
    thats kinda gay...
    Thanks for contributing absolutely nothing whatsoever to the thread.

@ OP, I'm not a PvPer, but I think I did see the post, and was incensed by it. I'm impressed that you took the time to make this thread, thank you

Deleted
    I forgive you OP.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Don't feel too bad. This is the internet, and no one really cares what anyone else thinks about anything.
    No. Posts like this make me wonder why I keep coming back to these forums. The OP's post reminds me why I stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I read the thread topic and just came to say I forgive you.
    Same here XD

O.P: it´s pretty mature of your part..... and strange.... Soooooooooooo... YOU WANT SOMETHING! TELL ME NOW WHAT IT´S, PEOPLE CAN´T BE MATURE AND GENTLE ON THE INTERNET! THAT DON´T HAVE SENSE!!!!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its funny, I remember reading the comment and thinking it was a bit of a dick thing to say... however. This is the internet! If I didn't want to be offended, I'd unplug my modem and go back to playing mariokart 64.

IIRC the topic was something along the lines of "what is harder to obtain, world first raid boss or .5% arena. The topic itself is going to cause a large amount of trolling / different options that people wont like to hear.

As for the apology. Its always good to see people taking accountability for what they say. Kudos!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love PvP, and I didn't find what you said to be offensive. You are entitled to your own opinions, as I am mine. I like that your apology is humble and sincere. You have been forgiven in my book (even though I understand what you said as being your personal opinion, and leaving it as such).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

this is off topic .. mods delete threads all the time yet when one like this that is actually off topic shows up they don't hrmm