Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Something to consider, figured the 300R was about the same size as the HAF 912... it's actually a little bit less than an inch thinner. Then again, if I do go with the (ugly!) HAF 912, I could easily delay the Hyper 212+ until it's time to get the i2500k and squeeze in an HDD earlier.

I like that idea. But christ, the 912's so fucking UGLY
    Well, I am not saying to give up the 300R if you are using stock cooling to start with, I am suggesting that for $40 more than the Hyper 212+, you could go liquid. Since you are upgrading to a 2500k later (I assume you would be saving up for it), just put away the extra $40 and go with the Antec and space will never be a problem. The only real negatives about the Kuhler 620 is the installation instructions, but there are videos on youtube to show proper installation.

Please read the entire thread. My plan is to upgrade to an i2500k and overclock once I upgrade the GPU. This is just a baseline, not the finished build; the Hyper 212+ won't be needed for the celeron, but it'll definitely be required when I start overclocking the 2500k.
    If you're planning on upgrading the CPU in the near future to a much better CPU than a celeron, why not just wait until you were planning on buying that anyway?

The Celeron will not get much more of a performance boost over a 4300. It's basically money you're throwing away because once you go up to an i2500k you'll never consider doing anything with that celeron again. No offense, but it seems like you are looking for instant gratification of something new/different than what you have now, but you're bound by a budget which keeps you from getting what you really want.

I would say unless your current PC simply doesn't work, it's broken or whatever, I'd save up to get what you really want, and not purchase very mediocre parts to get by on in the meantime.

Deleted
    I would stick with the corsair 300R however if your budget is so tight perhaps look at some of these alternatives:

Case: NZXT Source 220 - $60
    Case: NZXt Source 210 Elite - $50

(Case: COOLER MASTER Elite 431 Plus - $60)

You could save some money on the PSU, NewEgg has 15% off select Antec PSU's.

PSU: Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W - $65 after 15% off (get this if you just care about saving money)
    PSU: Antec HCG M Series HCG-620M - $80 after 15% off (get this, which is still cheaper, if you prefer something semi-modular)

These PSU's are based on/made by Seasonic.

Also since the prices are very similar you could opt for the ASRock Z75 Pro3, actually cheaper since you wont have to rely on the $20 MIR.

Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3 $100

You'll also get Front USB 3.0 header support (which either of the cases have as well as the 300R).