Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    this talent will be buffed / duration extended greatly. Obviously placeholder times.

I wish they would add the graphic for our old vengence sparkly hands when we crit to this ability T_T.

Why can't we just get a fucking talent that lets us keep inqusition rolling and not have to refresh.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-05-11 at 08:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this "glowing hands" thing that people are talking about? I don't remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What is this "glowing hands" thing that people are talking about? I don't remember it.
    I think this is the glow that the old Retribution talent Vengeance had. Not very clear, but it's hard to find a good picture

Sorry, don't know how to resize it :'(
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh that i remember, vanilla stuff

Well if it isn't our old friend, PallyPower.

Quote Originally Posted by Elovan View Post
    Well, doing some quick math I think I see the problem, it's giving you 3% of the crit percentage you have, .0983/.0955 = 1.029, or 103%. Same with 2 stacks, .1012/.0955 = 1.059, 106%
    This is most likely the culprit, yeah.

Deleted
    Well, doing some quick math I think I see the problem, it's giving you 3% of the crit percentage you have, .0983/.0955 = 1.029, or 103%. Same with 2 stacks, .1012/.0955 = 1.059, 106%
    You know, those times where you want to throw a chair at blizzard.. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    Nice changes all around today by the looks of it - CZ actually helps with another small issue we have (low crit chance due to being a Strength class) and lets us see those big numbers a bit more often. Divine Storm buff is always nice too - but I wonder why the tooltip needs to specify that it caps at 255 targets? How would that even be possible?
    255 is the representation of 11111111 in binary. Each 1 or 0 is a bit, 8 bits = 1 byte. So for some reason the hit count only have 1 byte of space to select targets. Not sure why they decided to show that, but I can assure you the 255 is not a random number.

Glowing hands back please!!! that animation is ours...

15+ Year Old Account
    Here is my issue with this.

An ability that requires 3 stacks to become useful is useless IMO, Now for most of if not all of Cata we have been the anti crit melee class. Practically no base crit and being fully buffed in a raid we still have 1/3-1/2 the crit of pretty much every other spec in the game.

Right now I'm Ilevel 407 and have 10.68% crit. My 1st Alt Warrior @ ilevel 403 has 15.47% crit chance and my 2nd Warrior @ ilevel 394 has 12.34% the disparity in the amount of crit that we have has been a thorn in my side all expansion long. Now in order to make up the damn near 10% that I would be behind if all 3 characters were equally geared I have to rely on some 20% proc chance to maintain a 3 stack buff. With only 20% chance to proc it to begin with and only off of auto attacks how often do you think you will see a 3 stack?

No thanks not interested, This is a slight form of Vengeance which we had back @ 70. Which was a 3 stack Physical/Holy damage buff of 15% total or 5% per stack. The difference is it was just based on a crit and we had solid crit chance back at 70. Don't forget in beta no more Truth Glyph providing 10 expertise that is gone so all that expertise we didn't have to reforge crit into we will now.

I decided to play around on the beta and run some instances and get and idea of the uptime, 1 stack uptime after 3 instances was around 58%, 2 stack uptime was lower then 22% and 3 stack barely reaching 8%. First problem is 20% chance on auto attacks to stack something that is only up for 9 seconds is just trash. Maybe if it was based on all attacks it might be ok but under it's current rendition it's crap.

I give Blizzard a big thumbs down on this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

let's hope that the proc chance is just a placeholder and we get some higher procchance. and the glowing hands i'd like

10+ Year Old Account
    Crusader Strike buffing crit chance would fit the name of this passive quite well. The stacking buff would wear off only at times of melee downtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Oh did you guys want this ability to be additive? F it, we're going with multiplicative because coding is hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    When they make this useful (make it 100% chance on auto attacks with longer duration) will be good, but still is a boring idea. The way it worked before was more interesting as it allowed a lot more procs on exorcism, which gave some nice randomness in the rotation, not to mention some very lucky burst moments. And because we had burst which Blizz does not tolerate in PVP, they changed it to this ridiculously boring ramp up soup.
    I am very disappointed in Blizz the last couple of years exactly because of such decisions. It looks like they still have some good devs working and generating ideas which after that are shot down by an exec manager who has his own idea of how the game should work. And his idea is very dry and boring.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think some type of variation of Blood Surge would be good.

Your Crusader Strike hits have a 20% chance of lowering the global cooldown to 1 sec and Increasing Critcal Strike by 5% for 9 seconds maximum of 3 stacks.

Personally I thin 9% crit is a stupid amount for having a stack system, I think anytime you are forced to stack something 3 times it should provide a better buff then if it was a flat buff on 1 strike. I ca see 9% being a 1 stack buff for Crit but not a 3 stack.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I think some type of variation of Blood Surge would be good.

Your Crusader Strike hits have a 20% chance of lowering the global cooldown to 1 sec and Increasing Critcal Strike by 5% for 9 seconds maximum of 3 stacks.

Personally I thin 9% crit is a stupid amount for having a stack system, I think anytime you are forced to stack something 3 times it should provide a better buff then if it was a flat buff on 1 strike. I ca see 9% being a 1 stack buff for Crit but not a 3 stack.
    Yes something like this will be good. though 15% crit is a lot, even on live we dont have that much, We have 15+5% talented on CS, so i dont think blizz will give us free 15% overal crit. The idea on the GCD i like a lot.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Deleted
    Just another of those "idiot devs haven't got a f*cking clue and keep tampering with meaningless abilities just to make it look like they're doing something" changes.

They are like mechanics who try to kill a bug on your car's instrument panel by shoving the car through a hydraulic crusher, then change the hubcaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Consecrate is Prot-only, so ignore that part (cause Prot doesn't have either of Ret's ramp-ups).

Ramp up is the way Blizzard controls burst, both for PvE and a little moreso for PvP. Some classes have natural ramp-up (Rogues, SPriests, Warlocks, Arcane and Fire Mages, etc.), be it in the form of either a combo-point-like system (Combo points, Holy Power, even Runic Power), or stacking up Dots/Buffs/Debuffs. This is to stop you from hitting the ground running right away at 100% DPS output, and just holding it there.

As to Templar's Verdict's sound effect, I like it. Especially when using a Sword or Axe, it sounds more like a precision slice, than some massive, bone-breaking, attack.

If you want the heavy-hitting sound, you will get it in all AoE situations, with Hammer of the Righteous.
    I myself don't really like ramp-up times, its the reason I like playing my BM hunter in PvP, Aside from focus fire(15% haste) we can just start using our full burst at the first second we enter a fight.

I'm currently gearing up my paladin for ret PvP, and the whole having to build up 3 HP before I can start bursting is a bit annoying(Judgement->CS->CS->CS->blow cooldowns->Inquisition->start bursting vs Hunter's mark -> Blow cooldowns -> start bursting)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Yes something like this will be good. though 15% crit is a lot, even on live we dont have that much, We have 15+5% talented on CS, so i dont think blizz will give us free 15% overal crit. The idea on the GCD i like a lot.
    15% Crit on top of the 12% Crit that we have isn't really that much specially if you can't keep 100% uptime on 3 stack, I don't think 15% is too much to ask for 9% is far to little but I'd split the difference with you and go 12%.

they should go back to crits giving u exorcism