Thread: MoP Legendary?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    My vote goes for no more legendaries.
    Way too much drama about them.
    If you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.

I really wish they'd make a tanking legendary for any class.. a shield would be really cool but unfair to most tanks.

They could make the legendary a cloak, i think it could fit.. a cloak can "wrap" around you and be protective or something, it'd be usable by all classes, and I'm sure blizzard could make it look really epic. Cloaks are quite a big part of your character, plus, when you play wow, your back is all you see on your character.

If they do that though, i hope the legendary cloak will change the apperance of bearform to reflect its legendaryness.

Quote Originally Posted by iDot View Post
    What type of weapon could they make for tanks as a legendary that wont make one tank preferred over the other? Remeber... the tanking classes are: Warrior/Druid/Paladin/Death Knight/Monk.

1h weapon? Nope.
    2h weapon? Nope.
    Shield? Nope.

That's how it would be unbalanced. Unless they did what other people have said. Making one legendary quest give out multiple options of items I doubt it will ever happen.
    Or they could just do the same thing they did with Fangs of the Father and give it just to one class or two. I know that Blizzard in the past said that they won't do a legendary just for one class but in a bluepost they said that they changed their mind and don't have a problem to give a legendary just to one class if the lore around the legendary fits. In addition Blizzard also stated in the past that they won't do a dagger as a legendary because they are so tiny and you wouldn't see the legendary on the player. And everybody knows what kind of weapon the last legendary was.

So I would say there speaks nothing against a tanking legendary like a shield for warriors and paladins or a polearm for monks and druids.

> Implying legendaries have to be weapons. Who's to say it cant be a neck / ring / trinket with some amazing proc / effects for tanking?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    tank legendary is a BAD IDEA.

druids don't show gear so staff is a BAD IDEA.

if you want monk fun a healing mace works the best.
    Because that's what determines what is and isn't a legendary...you can see it?
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

I just want a legendary I don't have to share with other classes. After all, the rouges got the daggers. As a mage, I had to compete with warlocks, druids, priests, and shamans for Dragonwrath. As one of the only two pure dps classes (I know warlock and hunter both are 'dps only', but they also have been able to tank to some degree at one point or another in their development due to their pets), mages deserve their own legendary weapon (Wand would be cool, since they will have the same budget at other weapons).

mages got their shot this expasion so there wont we a mage legendary you better forget about that because this wont happen the next 2 expasions :P
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

all i know is that Rogues getting fangs was one of the dumbest moves ever.. Rogues already have enough legendary weps they can get.

next one i see is a dmg staff/polearm

their is already several threads about this. And one even has a poll.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    No they have stated they are unlikely to do a tank legendary. .
    This is not true.
    Last statement about tank legendary was that it would come soon.
    This was in a blue post when the firelands staff was incoming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    mages deserve their own legendary weapon (Wand would be cool, since they will have the same budget at other weapons).
    While this would be interesting, they first need to make wands attractive as an alternative.

And, since WoW is now catering to some very weird demographics, you'll have to pacify the Harry Potter crowd and call it like the Elder Wand and you quest with a kid in glasses with a scar.

It will be an Off-Hand just for Pandaren.

[The Dragon Scroll]

15+ Year Old Account
    But, I still stand behind what I said earlier, create a new armor class called Ornamental, make the next legendary Garrosh's shoulders. :P

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    all i know is that Rogues getting fangs was one of the dumbest moves ever.. Rogues already have enough legendary weps they can get.

next one i see is a dmg staff/polearm
    For who? Druids? Druids have had equal number f legendaries, if not more, than rogues so, yeah...

The only class that's lacking legendaries are hunter.

Whatever it is, I hope they wait a few tiers before implementing a new legendary and make it much harder to get. It's so lame seeing 30 legendary dragons hovering outside the Orgrimmar AH these days. There is no wow factor seeing a legendary any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryve View Post
    It will be an Off-Hand just for Pandaren.

[The Dragon Scroll]
    I doubt it'd be a pandaren legendary first off the bat, definatly latter in the xpac.

My guess would be a new healing mace or possibly a stat choice polearm.

In MoP they're introducing class-specific quest rewards that could easily be adjusted for a tank legendary questline. There, now everyone's happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cereyeth View Post
    It's so lame seeing 30 legendary dragons hovering outside the Orgrimmar AH these days.
    That's quite the statement with 3 generations of sparkle ponies available.

Quote Originally Posted by noralya View Post
    For who? Druids? Druids have had equal number f legendaries, if not more, than rogues so, yeah...

The only class that's lacking legendaries are hunter.
    Enhancement shammys would disagree.

I can't find it again but i remember that someone had digged some pretty solid lore about a potential Legendary bow. Not saying its going to happen but its definitively an option.

I just hope legendaries become legendary again and aren't turned into overpowered/glorified epics like Shadowmourne/DragonWrath and Fangs were.

I'm all for having very powerfull weapons in the game but they should AT LEAST requires you to kill the hardest boss of the current tier to be able to have access to them. Not every random joes and their alts (and i do know plenty of people with DragonWrath and Fangs on their ALT, myself i'm about to get them on mine) should easily have access to that kind of weapons.

ALSO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BAN THEM FROM RATED PVP.