Post GW2: Suggestion & Execution - Ideas for Beta-activities

CHALLENGE:

Hi Guys. I have this weird idea that we could go into the next betaweekends/stresstests with a certain goal - we as a community would try something specific and post our experiences in this thread.

This is how it works:

1.) Somebody posts an idea for something to try out.
    2.) Someone volunteers to try it out -
    he will get some space in this first post where his experiences are posted. (I'm going to copy/paste it in here)

this could be various things - videos, pictures, written experiences etc.

Note: you don't have to try out your own ideas, perhaps someone else volunteers. There can be more than one person who try a certain idea of course.

I'll start with some ideas. If you accept the challenge, simply write a post which one you wanna try.
    If you have your own ideas for interesting try-outs or challenges: post it!
    Questions? Suggestions? post them

Challenges:

1.) Try to level solely through exploration. You shouldn't kill a single mob after the tutorial, nor should you participate in an dynamic event or personal story / crafting / WvW,... etc. Which level can you accomplish after finding all points of interest in a single lv.1-15 zone (+city - e.g. Divinity's Reach) - videos or screenshots from the points of interest are welcome

1.b.) How many levels can you achieve with this method in the beta/stresstest?

2.) Dedicate yourself to crafting. Craft the coolest looking armor (light, medium or heavy) you can manage & post a picture. - you may ask the community to help you gathering the material. All supporters will be mentioned of course.

3.) Try to make some celebrity-lookalikes with the character creator and post a picture of them.

4.) Take pictures of as many different intelligent npc-races as possible and post them. (they should be able to talk) - please cut the pics to a reasonable size.

5.) (from Tintomara): Create the most awesome dye combination for your gear that you can come up with (even better if you have some rare dyes since last BWE to show off) and take a screenshot that you'll post here.

6.) (from Tintomara): Take even more screenshots of minipets that you've come across! I've always been a dedicated pet collector and i want to see what you've found so far.

7.) inspired from TB's postcards of azeroth: make a nice postcard and put it in here.

8.)

let's see what we can accomplish as a community

Outcomes/Results:
    1.)

Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-10 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Take pictures of as many different intelligent npc-races as possible and post them.
    So... only Asura?

Kidding, kidding. Anyway, I would love to participate in this, but it'd make for very boring recording, so I'll have to pass. Great idea, though. Reminds me of the Iron Man challenge, at least the first one. :P

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the Iron Man challenge
    Exactly what I was thinking.

This sort of thing is usually reserved for tired old games that aren't fun to play on their own anymore. But who am I to step on your toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    So... only Asura?

Kidding, kidding. Anyway, I would love to participate in this, but it'd make for very boring recording, so I'll have to pass. Great idea, though. Reminds me of the Iron Man challenge, at least the first one. :P
    not sure if I understood you correctly (I'm from Austria ^^), do you mean you have problems making a video? You could choose a challenge where you don't need to make one. Or post some ideas

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 01:25 PM ----------

it's really not about doing all of these. One would still be perfect.

@challenge 1: a picture of the worldmap as prove would be ok. Sure, we can't know if someone cheated (by killing mobs e.g.) but why should you do that? it's about fun, nothing to win here.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-10 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    not sure if I understood you correctly (I'm from Austria ^^), do you mean you have problems making a video? You could choose a challenge where you don't need to make one. Or post some ideas
    I'll be recording most, if not all, of my gameplay for the purposes of personal memories, guild persuasion, or trolling. Haven't decided which yet, possibly all three. Point is, for all three, doing one of these challenges would prove rather boring content to watch, and I'd rather record a bit of everything, without excluding anything.

I might be able to post some ideas tomorrow, I think best when I sleep.

This sounds like a lot of work...

10+ Year Old Account
    my thief already has 100 LW and like 65 WS if you guys want to funnel mats into there...

i still need a little bit of bronze to finish up WS to 75, i got a good chunk of iron to get started

i think i still have like... 40 tiny totems and 30 small claws left too
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Great and fun idea I've got a couple of challenges.
    1. Create the most awesome dye combination for your gear that you can come up with (even better if you have some rare dyes since last BWE to show off) and take a screenshot that you'll post here.
    2. Take even more screenshots of minipets that you've come across! I've always been a dedicated pet collector and i want to see what you've found so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintomara View Post
    2. Take even more screenshots of minipets that you've come across! I've always been a dedicated pet collector and i want to see what you've found so far.
    i demand my luxon siege turtle back
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    my thief already has 100 LW and like 65 WS if you guys want to funnel mats into there...

i still need a little bit of bronze to finish up WS to 75, i got a good chunk of iron to get started

i think i still have like... 40 tiny totems and 30 small claws left too
    So do you accept the challenge? I can't promise that anyone will send you mats though. If I'm online on the upcoming stresstest, I would send you the few pieces I have. Worst case would be: you'll have to go for it by yourself.

If someone else accepts the challenge too, you two could trade your mats so that one would go for the metal stuff and the other one for leather e.g.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintomara View Post
    Great and fun idea I've got a couple of challenges.
    1. Create the most awesome dye combination for your gear that you can come up with (even better if you have some rare dyes since last BWE to show off) and take a screenshot that you'll post here.
    I like your ideas, I've put them into the suggestions-area thanks.

Just to clarify: more than 1 person can accept a challenge, in fact: the more the merrier
    The suggestions should result in an interesting outcome - it's not to create a brutal challenge which no one can accomplish - it's about showing of some interesting stuff.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Point is, for all three, doing one of these challenges would prove rather boring content to watch, and I'd rather record a bit of everything, without excluding anything.

I might be able to post some ideas tomorrow, I think best when I sleep.
    fair enough, I'm looking forward to it

@nocturnus: thank you for your opinion, I will put up some easier challenges too, starting with challenge 7
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-05-10 at 05:10 PM.