Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No, niche encounters that suited a small number of, or down to a single class due to their unique toolset was not tanking but a novelty.
    Tanking as in where you are taking on the traditional tank role potentially in any encounter IS a bandwagon that people paid very little attention to previously.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, niche encounters that suited a small number of, or down to a single class due to their unique toolset was not tanking but a novelty.
    Tanking as in where you are taking on the traditional tank role potentially in any encounter IS a bandwagon that people paid very little attention to previously.
    Caster tanking wasn't considered a novelty in BC, it was part of encounter design. A design philosophy Blizz has since pulled away from, but that doesn't lessen the experience that was had then.

Yes, it's a bandwagon. Dark Apotheosis is the Tim Tebow of spec designs. New, bold, exciting, and everyone knows it's a long, long shot to go all the way. But we're going to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't think it's about the difficulty of implementing warlock tanks. It's just unnecessary and quite frankly, weird as hell.

Just said it in another thread, but ... DA is an afterthought in the balance process. Does anyone seriously think Frost/Unholy dps is balanced around being able to go into blood presence ??
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Warlock tanking is nothing new. If you think so, I guess your lock has been around for a very short time (1 or 2 expacs)
    During BC I was on the top pve guild of my server and remember Mtanking at least 2 encounters. 1 in ICC (princes).
    For any old school lock:
    a) that likes to solo old raids
    b) that knows how locks suck without pocket healer in today's pvp
    c) that have a lot of tanking experience with other classe and would welcome the change to help their guild without switching main

...then this glyph was a bit of fresh air and good news. We never thought it would be implemented and that's the reason why few players actually talked about it. Also, I think most old locks (main since at least 2007) are not teens anymore and aren't crying of forums to push their ideas. And no, that's not what I am doing right now ^_^. I would welcome the change and but I will still play my lock, even if I do think they completely broke Demonology on Beta.
    1) it works fine live and it's piss easy compared to what it used to be. Why would they fix what is not broken?
    2) first they make a strong glyph and enable tanking
    3) then they screw up everything, cut dps with a chainsaw, destroy the glyph, leaving Demo as a clunky and underperforming spec both in pvp, pve and solo

Hopefully, everything will get fixed with time. But pretending lock tanking is a new thing / bandwagon is pure ignorance imo
    Princes was a ranged tank fight. We weren't standing there getting cleaved. It was a boss casting on us. Same with eredar twins. There is a huge difference between being a tank and being a gimmick ranged tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Just said it in another thread, but ... DA is an afterthought in the balance process. Does anyone seriously think Frost/Unholy dps is balanced around being able to go into blood presence ??
    Of course they are, that's why the 'Improved Presence' talents exist. They allow a means for those presences to be buffed or nerfed separately and balanced according to spec.