Need help with 2's.

Me and my brother are doing 2's together. I'm a ret paladin and he's a fire mage.

We seem to be hitting a wall around the 1600 bracket. We've peaked at about 1650 but then we continually get beat back.

Any advice would be extremely handy. Should we be ret/fire? Should I go holy? Should he be frost/arcane? Is this comp just crap?

We've been able to beat just about any comp, but then we've also been beaten by just about every comp, so I'm at a loss as to what the problem is.

I've also got heroic Ataraxis from Warmaster Blackhorn if that weapon is better suited for me. Unfortunately though, it's my raiding weapon, so I can't use a weapon chain on it.

I do not think it's a gear problem but definitely a matter of lack of experience. Anyway, any help appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kanen/advanced - My paladin

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...loquy/advanced - My brother's mage

Deleted
    Holy paladin / Fire mage would be a better comp. Games will last longer but it will probably be easier to win aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear isn't the issue, you're both well geared.

As stated above holy/fire would give the added survivability.

Also, being well versed in how to approach different comps can be a determining factor in your success. Try to figure out the classes that give you the most trouble for your comp, and find out how to approach that comp.

Good luck in 2's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

Deleted
    Just do what i do then mate about the weapon. I've got a PvE weap with landslide aswell, and i pull it out if there is no warrior rogue or shadow priest i VS. Other than that i have a pvp weap i swap to with chain.

If you want to play double dps, ret/frost would be better than fire. More control (especialy against melee) and better burst.

If your ok with going holy and have an equally geared holy set, hpaly/fire mage is a very good comp. Games will be longer but its probaly your best bet if getting a higher rating is your goal.