Page 1 of 3
LastLast

MoP - Ascendance Model Update.

I noticed that Ascendance has had its model updated to be less Twilight's Hammer-y, now it just looks like a freelance Ascendant.

Screenshots below.

Restoration - Water

Elemental - Fire

Enhancement - Wind

I apologize if this has already been posted, just thought it was interesting that the thing people were complaining about was dealt with.

Edit: Seems the old thread about it originally was updated, oh bother. Well this is awkward.
    Last edited by Qprah; 2012-05-10 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was updated a few builds ago.

Is it just me or does it look like Ascendance Models are trying to hump something?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It was updated a few builds ago.
    Still looks mighty fine tho. Wasnt the size reduced tho? And what I read it wasnt floating anymore right?

Quote Originally Posted by Belbaim View Post
    Still looks mighty fine tho. Wasnt the size reduced tho? And what I read it wasnt floating anymore right?
    They float when they cast (they kick there legs behind them and levitate with each cast)
    Hi Sephurik

Recycling !? For a spell like this ?! Really disappointed..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by feral View Post
    Recycling !? For a spell like this ?! Really disappointed..
    Recycling what? Those are brand-new, never-before-used skins. The model's re-used, but they re-use models regularly, since rebuilding a new model with all the animations required is a MUCH bigger investment of resources than a new skin is.

10+ Year Old Account
    tree of life got its own model, yes its a used skeleton, but still a brand new model used only for a cooldown
    so why cant shamans? :S

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    tree of life got its own model, yes its a used skeleton, but still a brand new model used only for a cooldown
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    Tree of life used to be a major factor of Resto Druid, secondly it lasts 45 seconds, while Ascendance lasts 15seconds.

Recycling what? Those are brand-new, never-before-used skins. The model's re-used, but they re-use models regularly
    A little bit contradictory, don't you think ?! : o
    Anyway:

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ntcouncil2.jpg

this is what I call "RECYCLING", but it's not this the problem..
    Shaman means ELEMENTS and those big guys are not "elementals" at all..
    I think that something like the two fire draenei on this picture could be better : )
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-05-11 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Converted first image to a link because it was huge

10+ Year Old Account
    A little bit contradictory, don't you think ?! : o
    No.

There's three parts to 3D model design. There's the skeleton, which controls animations. There's the model, which is the polygonal outer framework that's attached to the skeleton, the "shape" basically. And then there's the skin or texture, which is the appearance that's basically painted on the model.

This is a unique new skin of a Cata model on an Ethereal skeleton.

this is what I call "RECYCLING", but it's not this the problem..
    Shaman means ELEMENTS and those big guys are not "elementals" at all..
    That's not what Shaman means. And those guys are Ascendants; mortals infused with enough Elemental power that they have Ascended to a new hybrid Elemental form.

Which is basically what Shaman do with Ascendance, we just do it by agreement with our Elemental patrons.

If you think the Elementals aren't completely and thoroughly involved with the Old Gods and the Twilight Cult, then you haven't been paying attention to the lore. Azeroth was originally run by the Old Gods, with the Elemental Lords as their lieutenants. The Elemental Planes they currently rule aren't their natural habitat; those are prisons created for them by the Titans. The cooperation between Elemental and Twilight forces vastly predates anything else in the lore.

No.

There's three parts to 3D model design. There's the skeleton, which controls animations. There's the model, which is the polygonal outer framework that's attached to the skeleton, the "shape" basically. And then there's the skin or texture, which is the appearance that's basically painted on the model.
    Thank you for the lesson Endus xD, but I am a 3d animator, so I know these things : ).
    Anyway the difference between Ignacious and the ascendent of fire are: the headdress and that thing on the belt..

And that is a one hour time work.. For the rest they are identical..
    I understand what you mean: there are 2 separated models in the DATA file, but in 3D language this remain a recycle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand what you mean: there are 2 separated models in the DATA file, but in 3D language this remain a recycle..
    In the sense that they gave us the ability to do something a boss did, and thus we look pretty similar to those bosses when we do it, sure.

It looks similar because it's the same process.

I think the belt, boots and and wrist armor should just be left off the ascendant model. Those are still a little to "old god" for my taste.

@Maios: I agree completely!

On a different note, as an enchancement shaman, I wish the wind one was a little bit better. It looks so.. boring. Resto looks beautiful, elemental looks pure awesome, but enhance just looks like a .. grey stoney statue =/

Thank you for the lesson Endus xD, but I am a 3d animator, so I know these things
    Everyone seems to be nowadays... I guess you don't endlessly create new models en mass to a tight deadline.

And that is a one hour time work.. For the rest they are identical..
    Twilight Ascendants are "recycled" Ethereals anyway.

Considering they have to make thousands of mobs, weapons, armours and props in a limited timeframe I do not see the problem. As you state yourself it takes a whole hour to turn Ignacious into a shaman ascendant, so how long should it take to plan, design, create and animate an entirely new model for a 15 second ability? Why spend that time making a new model when you have a perfectly appropriate one already, when you could be making something else that does need a brand new model?

I don't get why you're even complaining anyway, the models are perfectly fitting. They are ASCENDANTS, that's what an ascendant looks like twlight or not. It would not make sense for them to look like something else.

I think the belt, boots and and wrist armor should just be left off the ascendant model. Those are still a little to "old god" for my taste.
    And yes, I do agree. They do need to remove or replace the elementium armour but they'll do that when they have time.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-05-11 at 10:25 PM.

I kinda feel that the Enhancement ascendant looks bland, compared to the Resto and Elemental ones, who have Fire / Water covering them. Owell ;\
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

10+ Year Old Account
    The Enhancement model DOES have lightning animations, it's just not obvious in some of the images going around. It's not static like you're seeing.

Tree of Life form has a unique model, but it didn't get one until Cataclysm
    For two expansions it was just a basic Treant, so I wouldn't use that as an argument unless you want the completely unedited ascendant boss model back for two expansions before they think about changing it