Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why do all the top PvP'ers use no addons?

All the top PvP'ers in WoW don't use addons. When you see their videos/screenshots they have the standard interface with virtually no addons at all. Why is this? Is there a correlation between the standard interface and how good you play? As you go down the rank to average PvP'ers, their interfaces are usually heavily modded and cluttered. Just wanted to know if I was the only one who noticed this

Deleted
    They want to get used to it, because you are not allowed to use (or just a few) addons during the official Blizzard Tournament.

Because they can't use them at tournaments.

Addons are also a bitch to setup everytime when they do piloted rating sells.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2012-05-10 at 04:37 PM.

if one is uber awesome he does not need addons.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I wanted to comment that its because of all the big tournaments doesn't allow addons, but somebody beat me to it and now i dont feel pro anymore :<

anyways u got ur answer =)

Deleted
    they are actually good at this game and they dont addons to help them be goode? ))

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    All the top PvP'ers in WoW don't use addons. When you see their videos/screenshots they have the standard interface with virtually no addons at all. Why is this? Is there a correlation between the standard interface and how good you play? As you go down the rank to average PvP'ers, their interfaces are usually heavily modded and cluttered. Just wanted to know if I was the only one who noticed this
    Are you including something like gladius that shows enemy targets? I just wonder this because I was thinking it's so they can be ready for tournaments, but I always see at the tournaments they have something like that and I was never sure if they players have that or if they just show that for the viewers. To answer your question like I said I don't think you can use addons at tournaments, it could also be a performance issue because fraps or whatever I'm sure uses some of your computers resources that addons use. Besides that maybe just preference, I'm not the greatest player, but I've played long enough where drs, cds, etc. I can basically feel when the time should be up whether mine or my enemies spells, and I notice what to dispell/curse without needing an addon. So it could just be they like it that way.

Deleted
    Yeah like people have said - You cant use them in Tournaments so they avoid using them (With the exception of Gladius), and usually on videos like Hydra imo it would spoil the video if there was loads of junk on the screen everywhere, its a lot more basic in terms of anyone who plays WoW can understand what is going on in his user interface.

I think alot of people saying they don't need addons to be good are only half kidding themselves. I use that excuse because i'm too lazy to set them up. There's no doubt certain addons will make a player have faster reaction times therefore making them a "better" player. Not 100% related but we had a guy in ICC that would refuse to use addons and I had no problem with it until he pulled aggro every pull because he doesn't use a threat meter. needless to say we kicked him until he stopped pulling aggro(still not sure he actually installed any addons, but imo common sense>Addons anyway).

As many have already said, it's because they don't allow any in the tornaments.
    And also i imagine is 'cause addons can break or malfunction from time to time, relying too much in something that you can't put 100% of your trust into at any time in a scenario when split-second decisions are required can lead to a defeat (i realize that's a 1/10000 case but still, it could happen).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sieger1145 View Post
    I think alot of people saying they don't need addons to be good are only half kidding themselves. I use that excuse because i'm too lazy to set them up. There's no doubt certain addons will make a player have faster reaction times therefore making them a "better" player. Not 100% related but we had a guy in ICC that would refuse to use addons and I had no problem with it until he pulled aggro every pull because he doesn't use a threat meter. needless to say we kicked him until he stopped pulling aggro(still not sure he actually installed any addons, but imo common sense>Addons anyway).
    Certainly, addons make things easier, but they aren't necessary.

Deleted
    A lot of top players still use Interrupt Bar and Gladius. It's not just because they can't use addons at tournaments, it's also because addons hurts your awarness of what's going on in the arena.

The worst kind of addons are Spellalerter and GladiatorloSA. Addons that basicly tell you what's happening in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamox View Post
    A lot of top players still use Interrupt Bar and Gladius. It's not just because they can't use addons at tournaments, it's also because addons hurts your awarness of what's going on in the arena.

The worst kind of addons are Spellalerter and GladiatorloSA. Addons that basicly tell you what's happening in the game.
    I agree with this. I never played with neither of those addons either. I don't even get how people can stand GladiatorloSA.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, its because they cant use them at tournaments.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamox View Post

show me an R1 that uses interrupt bar..lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Dakkroth R1 in s3, s5, s7, s9, s10 and third place at last blizzcon
    imgur.com/ILaae

Hydra R1 in s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6, s7, s8, s10. Also played at tons of WoW tournaments.
    i.imgur.com/MRgDS.jpg

Because they can't use addons in tournaments

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Oh that was an easy one.

Hydra:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=R2arafrXNsM

The only reason they didn't use addons back in the day was because you couldn't use them at lan tournaments. Now that's there's no lan tournaments everyone plays with them. Fake casting without interrupt bar (or the likes) is much harder, don't kid yourself.

addons cause DC, Crashes etc (too)

Deleted
    Interrupt bar should be in the standard interface imo. There's so many interrupts in the game atm and fake casting without IB is quite hard.