Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I don't know if this has been asked already but...

Can we GANK cross-realm enemy faction players? If so, time to level up my rogue!

But they're totally not merging servers in any way.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for the cross-realm zones that will be 90% horde/alliance and 10% the other... as well as the zones with lvl 90s "helping" their friends lvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    I feel sorry for the cross-realm zones that will be 90% horde/alliance and 10% the other... as well as the zones with lvl 90s "helping" their friends lvl.
    There may be systems to prevent this, its called phasing.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kays View Post
    oh god terrible idea is terrible, this should be called you'll never finish a kill quest again!
    I don't understand this comment or the similar ones that have popped up throughout this thread. I can personally tell you from playing on Tichondrius and Proudmoore (two of the most populated servers in the US) that I've NEVER had an issue killing anything because there were too many other players around. Tens of thousands of players play on these servers and its never been an issue. It's because we're all spread out doing our own thing in different parts of the world. There's not, for example, a thousand of us in Hellfire Peninsula trying to gather up all the tainted hellboar meat we can get our hands on. It doesn't work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    Sounds like the exciting MMO i grew up with 7 years ago. Im all for this.

Well you will be able to play on "your" server zone if you select it, but by default everyone will play in the new cross-realm zone. If you're getting ganked or whatever just select your own server zone in the drop-down and enjoy being alone in the zone.

Who asked these questions? they are so dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Tons of games do some stuff better than Blizzard's games tbf, so people angry over that can be put in the same box as the GW2 ravers ;d.
    Not necessarily, I only brought it up because people thought it was a revolution, or it was the other mmos that copied wow first. So their ignorance taught me off and I had to tell them that GW2 probably thought of this first (never heard of any other mmo doing this).

10+ Year Old Account
    so does this mean that there could be 10+ 90's per zone just waiting too gank?

Quote Originally Posted by kazso View Post
    I guess you missed the point. If the low level zones will be instanced, then ALL players in that instance will share the resources (ores, herbs, loots), thus it will be more time consuming to actually farm anything. Naturally the prices will go higher because of this.
    To solve this problem, Blizzard should do one of these 2 things:
    1. Players should be able to manually exit/enter these instanced zones.
    2. AH's should be cross-realm as well.
    Ahh, I see what you're saying. You may be right, but don't forget that not every zone will be instanced, only the empty ones (which basically means the lowbie ones). I wouldn't be too concerned about escalated copper ore prices.

As for merging the Auction Houses...that would be an instant disaster. Prices would drop through the floor. Merging the neutral AHs might work though...

duel cross realms? this is epic ;D

Deleted
    Great idea

Deleted
    so if someone is ganking low lvl people, and one of them gets fed up and switches to their main.. they might not be able to get into that "zone" and even if they try and create a party with someone from that "zone" they will probably go to some neutral area.. Really hope this wont be the case.

Total bullshit.
    They are just fucking up this game one change after another.
    Don't get me wrong; I absolutely LOVE WoW. It's my favourite thing. Unfortunately, I will never play this game any more, as Blizzard is slowly just destroying it.
    Correction: I won't actually PLAY this game like this. No, I play on a Private Vanilla WoW server. At least I actually have to work for my shit. At least Blizzard's making a game perfect for all those seven-year-old QQers out there.

What a retarded idea.

I'm on a low-mid server for a reason and that is because i like to quest solo and enjoy the experience.

What's going to happen when 100 people want to do the same solo quest?? A waiting line for a respawn, bloody brilliant Blizz because i love to wait in my very limited game time.

This also makes professions far more annoying. What happens with all the gathering nodes?? Is it open season for all servers??

All i see is FAR more negatives the positives. Stupid move

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    How will it make leveling "cooler?" grouping for quests severly gimps xp gains, and makes quests take longer because more people need drops from mobs. And it'll make leveling a gathering profession near impossible.
    Details, details.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 05:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    Fortunately I'm not on a low pop realm, but I can understand him.
    I have all ten classes at level 80+ (6 at 85) and I'd never pay Blizzard 200 € to fix something that's their responsibility.
    Nor would I want to level all these characters again.
    Eventually they'll have to do something about those low pop servers or it will come bite them.
    I think from the perspective of that guy who says its the other guys own fault for not transferring thinks dropping $150-200 is nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 05:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Remember it would go both ways, though; there might be more of an opposite faction in a zone, but there will also be more of your faction.
    Hahaha. Good one. Let's see if they even bother balancing anything at all.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 05:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    It's essentially load-balancing; so that overpopulated areas, even on the same server, can spawn multiple 'instances' of themselves.
    So if you are on a high-pop server, and you are trying to create a Pandaren on MoP launch day, you won't have to contend with your entire server all at once.

This is sheer genius, and it has a lot of plus sides.

It'll revitalize world PvP, because people from other servers can all get together seamlessly. On a PvP server, this will serve to populate areas that might otherwise not have much traffic.
    It'd be so like Blizzard to "spawn" an instance of a zone with 100 Alliance and 20 Horde (example numbers) and then the zone reaches its "limit" then spawns a new instance with 100 Horde and 20 Alliance.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    2) All I ever gotten from people in same area was f****** stupid general chat, mob stealing and people who decided to farm nodes under my nose with 310 when I was lvl 12 =P

3) They are not going to talk to you anyway. People generally are very anti-social or silent. You could either spend time asking for help on dailies for hour or just do the damn dailies in hour ;P
    Regarding #2 I noticed channels in Outlands were strictly limited to requests for group quest help. Barrens chat is not something I think many sane people would want returning.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 06:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Their options are really something like this:
    4. Prevent new Horde characters and/or accounts from creating characters (not possible because of the qq it will cause by separating people from their friends)
    They should have from the start. Remove any incentives for going to a realm strictly for a faction numbers advantage. But Blizzard has been screwing this up for at least 3 years.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 06:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    However, this does little to address the bigger issue of dying realms, which there are lots of. Players on those realms will eventually be forced into a decision between realm transfer fees or just quitting if Blizzard doesn't find a solution for them. I'm on a dying server myself and if it comes down to transferring being the only way I'll be able to enjoy the full game the way I want, I will quit rather than send Blizzard the transfer fee.
    I made that decision at the end of WOTLK. I chose to quit.

I understand the server is much worse off today. What was 1.5:1 in the middle of last expansion has turned into almost 6:1 (from 3:1 just 6 months ago).

I have no confidence in their server management.