Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well there's your server merges. Blizzard merged every server together with this.

Wow... this is.... I can't even believe this is possible.

Blizzard blew my mind!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

While this does seem alright and quite fun actually and I hate to be the spoilsport/pessimist. But what impact will this have on Roleplaying servers? People sometimes roleplay in these quieter zones. Won't this be kind of ruining that by having people from other realms running about?
    Else I am completely fine with this idea, it sounds very fun.

Edit: and what about PvE and PvP servers? You can't really say anymore "PvP on a PvP server", when you are in a PvE server that has zoned together with a PvP zone.
    Last edited by susaku; 2012-05-10 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    i'd rather they took off level caps on dungeon requirements.. So when i'm bored at 90 and want to cycle through old dungeons, I can queue and help 4 lower levels through without them getting a penalty.
    I don't queue for instances while levelling to be boosted by a level 85 stranger. If I want boosting, that's what I ask for. Please don't break a perfectly good system with this sort of short sighted suggestion.

oh nice maybe some actual world pvp will happen in lowbie zones again

This will definitely make lvl'ing up more enjoyable, rather than a "deserted" experience.

Deleted
    Now let me team up with friends cross-realm for arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    My prediction: in a year we'll just chose PVP - PVE - RP - RP-PVP and there are no actual servers anymore.
    Some people may call this a joke, but I actually think this is possible. Right now there are actually zones that have no server. It's a free-for-all. I could easily see this expanded along those lines.

Not to mention cross-realm guilds, grouping, the idea of server will become just a way of catagorizing players, not an actually used mechanic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by susaku View Post
    While this does seem alright and quite fun actually and I hate to be the spoilsport/pessimist. But what impact will this have on Roleplaying servers? People sometimes roleplay in these quieter zones. Won't this be kind of ruining that by having people from other realms running about?
    Else I am completely fine with this idea, it sounds very fun.
    Maybe only the zones of the same Servers Types are shard?
    At least the PvPs and PvE must be seperated.

With this system the can even auto balancing the Factions on PvP servers with it!

This sounds like a pretty neat idea. I like the fact that it will make zones seem more alive, which I know alot of players on low pop servers have been asking for.

This just kept me subbed for another few years lol

10+ Year Old Account
    This is freaking amazing, tempted to keep playing wow :O

Sounds like a server merge without merging servers. I like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This could be one of the greatest technological advances they're making this expansion. O.o
    This. The first thing i thought when i read this articles was "what a freaking coding nightmare this must have been!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dakario View Post
    Also, what about Moonguard and goldshire if Elwynn forest gets Cross realm zoned :O
    Poor battlegroup.

And this is why WoW still is the best MMORPG there is.

Deleted
    the barrens chat....... But ALL OVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilie View Post
    This gives so much potential for world PvP it's ridiculous.
    Pretty much this.

I hope that the selection of servers will be large (say the same as a battleground group) so that there is a decent population to pull from.

Soon enough I hope we move away from Home Servers and that everything is just instanced (although could cause issues as well but less so) as nothing sucks more than a dead server.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    This will go well with the battle tag friend system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    i'd rather they took off level caps on dungeon requirements.. So when i'm bored at 90 and want to cycle through old dungeons, I can queue and help 4 lower levels through without them getting a penalty.
    No. Because then you just solo everything.

I'd rather dungeons were made a tad harder, so players learn real skills for level 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    This then makes leveling extremely boring when we have a 90 boosting us through dungeons ;s takes all the fun away.
    well with challenge mode dungeons we know that they can scale us down to certain ilevels would be cool if they scaled a lvl 90 down to lvl 18 stats or whatever and then we could run just as if we were 18. our action bars would just have lvl 18 and below spells and everything.