Warlord Zon'ozz heroic as Arms

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me any pointers on heroic zon'ozz fight as an arms warrior.

My guild is currently trying heroic kill and i find myself near the bottom of the dps so i thought i am probably doing something RLY wrong.
    i'm usually in the top 6 dps and on heroic ultrax im usually pushing 40-42k.

During first phase we go for 7 stacks and i usually end up around 35k depending on gurthalak procs, then phase 2 starts and i drop like a fly to the bottom. Having a hard time staying alive during phase 2 since i only got frenzied regen and in worsed case shield wall but that means my damage drops to none (guess low dps is better then dead dps but still).

tactic we use is 7551
    go for 7 stacks, if you get debuff, move out and call for dispell (this goes rather fast, but i tend to get it everytime :<)
    Ones boss reaches 6 stacks melee starts moving into position to finish phase 2 as fast as possible.
    We got 2 groups, 1 going clockwise trough the top and 1 going counter clockwise trough the south.

In phase 2 im going clockwise in the top with our melee group clearin everything we come across.
    My damage is hovering between 25-32k overall on the fight.

The tactic works for our guild, so we will stick with it, but i'm the only person who actually drops on this fight.

rotation is shout -> charge -> rend -> CS -> pop DC -> normal rotation
    I try to use a simmular rotation for the adds but they tend to die quickly so i usually get a MS up and a OP etc.

character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%80yla/simple

Maybe im doing it completely wrong, maybe i can use pointers of how you tend to do on this fight. At the moment any help is welcome.
    I checked my own logs and noticed a lot of downtime in that fight where i was traveling, running out for a dispell/running back in, running to adds, running back to boss and i noticed the downtime is rather big.. 2 big.
    I would give you the guild logs but the person who records this had problems which he didnt notice till after the raid.

Please, no flaming, if you think you are better, good for you. At least i admit i'm not perfect and ask for hints and help when i think i need it. Thank you!

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi OP,
    I've not dpsed on H Zonozz since our first kill, since then i've been the tank, but I can offer some advice.
    Maximize your charge/heroic leap. They are amazing utility on this encounter. Even if you are on the furthest tentacle, you can leap + charge to the boss without even having to take a single step.
    Make sure that your (brainfart, 30% mortal strike etc damage increase talent) Doesn't drop, you should ensure that this is always up, if that means not going over to the tentacles until you refresh it to max, so be it.
    Cooldowns should be used during the normal phases, I usually use mine AFTER a debuff goes out, so that I know I dont have to move and could just smack the boss willy nilly.

Also, personal preference, my 410 specimens slicer was better on this fight than gurth (Just from my own PoV when I did it as dps) Because you could get tentacle procs during tentacle phase, which is just wasted dps, whereas the specimens slicer isn't dependant on rng. (If you have a 410 2h that is <_<)

Other than that I can't help you as i said I only dpsed for our first kill.

Hopefully others can be of more help

GL!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

This fight is pretty much about maximising your up time and not letting LTTS fall off. You probably use a different strat to what we do, however I will list what I do during the tentacle phase (as this is where most of the DPS is lost).

Melee will move into our P2 starting position when the orb is on it's way back to hit Zon'ozz. DO NOT use heroic leap or charge at the start.

DPS the flail down quickly, it's pointless applying a rend here. > Charge to first eye and apply rend and start DPSing like a boss, don't be afraid to use HS heavily during the start of P2 as the damage ensures steady rage is coming in > Heroic leap to the second eye and repeat the steps on the first eye > Charge to the third eye and DPS until it's dead (we normally have range on this one aswell so it dies fast). > I then intercept one of the two melee on zon'ozz (the claw is normally dead by this time) and start my DPS rotation. Do not use CD's until the first debuff goes out.

The key is to never let lambs drop off (or your trinket stacks), always be mindful of the Slaughter buff on these fights that require alot of running around. As stated if you have a 410 slicer I would advise using it for this fight. Also time your CD's to be used on the inbetween phases. Additionally I would advise a 7/7/7 setup for Zon'ozz as this equals much more DPS on the boss.

Killing eyes and flails procs victory rush. If you get lucky, you basically need no healing. Dont forget to pop sweeping strikes if the claw is still up when you get back to the boss. And dont forget to interrupt the eyes, it reduces a ton of dmg taken by the raid.

Thanks for the tips, i honestly didnt pay much attention to my slaughter uptime on this fight but i don't really delay MS so the uptime should be pretty high but i didnt rly pay attention to it. I'll have a look at it next time.

I usually save leap to quickly jump out of the group with the debuff, but i can try to just run out and save it so i can mve around faster during add phase.

I don't have the slicer yet, even tho we had one drop every week it went to the paladins and our DK tank because gurthalak usually outperforms the slicer but ill see if i can get it when it drops.

I usually save up my deadly calm till im back at the boss and recklesness for the nuke phase.

Anyway thanks for the tips, ill see if i can step it up next time we go for this boss
    Last edited by Facey; 2012-05-11 at 08:08 AM.

save ur deadly calm for after black phase, then you charge in, sweeping strikes the boss onto the flail for big numbas

because of the nature of the fight you should be topping it, not scraping it

I usually do 70k or so

like a lot of fights it's about discipline, timing your cooldowns right and using sweeping strikes

obviously strats will change the way you go about the fight

Deleted
    The dmg on this fight rly depends on how meny eyes you are assigned to kill, and if your doing 10/25man,but most of all never let ltts and trinket stacks fall off.

It's a 25 man raid, my group does 3 eyes and 1 flail (we go with the rule: kill anything that crosses your path).

Our rogues are on the claw/boss all the times so by the time i get back to the boss, everything else is dead so sweeping strikes becomes somewhat pointless to use.

I'll have a look next raid we do him and check the uptime on my stuff.

Thanks again for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Facey View Post
    Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could give me any pointers on heroic zon'ozz fight as an arms warrior.

My guild is currently trying heroic kill and i find myself near the bottom of the dps so i thought i am probably doing something RLY wrong.
    i'm usually in the top 6 dps and on heroic ultrax im usually pushing 40-42k.

During first phase we go for 7 stacks and i usually end up around 35k depending on gurthalak procs, then phase 2 starts and i drop like a fly to the bottom. Having a hard time staying alive during phase 2 since i only got frenzied regen and in worsed case shield wall but that means my damage drops to none (guess low dps is better then dead dps but still).

tactic we use is 7551
    go for 7 stacks, if you get debuff, move out and call for dispell (this goes rather fast, but i tend to get it everytime :<)
    Ones boss reaches 6 stacks melee starts moving into position to finish phase 2 as fast as possible.
    We got 2 groups, 1 going clockwise trough the top and 1 going counter clockwise trough the south.

In phase 2 im going clockwise in the top with our melee group clearin everything we come across.
    My damage is hovering between 25-32k overall on the fight.

The tactic works for our guild, so we will stick with it, but i'm the only person who actually drops on this fight.

rotation is shout -> charge -> rend -> CS -> pop DC -> normal rotation
    I try to use a simmular rotation for the adds but they tend to die quickly so i usually get a MS up and a OP etc.

Maybe im doing it completely wrong, maybe i can use pointers of how you tend to do on this fight. At the moment any help is welcome.
    I checked my own logs and noticed a lot of downtime in that fight where i was traveling, running out for a dispell/running back in, running to adds, running back to boss and i noticed the downtime is rather big.. 2 big.
    I would give you the guild logs but the person who records this had problems which he didnt notice till after the raid.

Please, no flaming, if you think you are better, good for you. At least i admit i'm not perfect and ask for hints and help when i think i need it. Thank you!

Thanks in advance!
    If you are the Ayla that i know, HAI AYLA

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are dying thats most likely a healing issue. For that fight progression, I glyphed victory rush. If you are killing tentalces/eyes, use CHARGE first, than leap, since than charge will be off CD for 3rd one. BTW I glyphed long/rapid charge for that fight too.

Save Reck for lust unless you lust during a black phase. Don't want that extra damage to you if you are already dying. Use other DPS cd's after the first 7 bounce. It's a fairly easy fight to DPS as.

Also, its a DPS loss to shout as arms IIRC (Talked to landsoul about it at the start of the tier). Even more so if it costs you MS/OP combo.

Get that gem slot in gloves fixed.

Get 8% hit.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2012-05-15 at 05:40 AM.