Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I have to say it T13 2 piece / pre pot in mop

As much as i like being unique the 2 piece t13 set bonus will still be viable dps increase when used with a pre pot thru all of mop and then macroing back to current gear. The thot of going back to a 10m cd hurts. For early DS it was good to go with T13 2 set and go back to 4 set t12. I would like to see the cd of doomguard lowered and the duration increased without feeling like its cheating. I dont want to have to use a gear set macro that may fail on a quick pull thru-out mop. The bonus is well worth the risk.

Honestly, Doomguard (and all classes with such CD) should just be a 6 minute baseline cooldown.

Doomguard is staying a 10 minute cooldown, but resets on boss wipes, so they will be a once-per-fight type deal.

2x if you take advantage of the 2 piece t13 6m cd with 30 seconds extra uptime on the first summon. It will be the best way to play it.

Blizzard will probably nerf the 2P when MoP hits to prevent this.

That or they will actually let us keep something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    Doomguard is staying a 10 minute cooldown, but resets on boss wipes, so they will be a once-per-fight type deal.
    It resets on boss wipes? :O Wow I missed something big!

Quote Originally Posted by Kontempt View Post
    It resets on boss wipes? :O Wow I missed something big!
    Yes it looks like they fixed it once and for all.

Is it only boss wipes, or possibly also boss kills? At the pace we're currently clearing content now there would probably be several occasions where I wouldn't be able to use Doomguard on every fight if the cooldown was 10 minutes. When we're clearing FL for fast boosts I even already have that problem with the 6 minute cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Is it only boss wipes, or possibly also boss kills?
    Only boss wipes. For kills, there are often trash pulls to let the timer run. And if not, well, that's life.
    90% of "doomguard not available" problem come from wipes, not kills, IMHO so that solution is great.

of course it must do that,and have s11 sets already been fixed?else death coil only have 15cd!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    of course it must do that,and have s11 sets already been fixed?else death coil only have 15cd!
    Well its Mortal Coil now so they probably don't have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Well its Mortal Coil now so they probably don't have to worry about it.
    Mortal Coil shares the same spell id as the current Death Coil, so they probably do have to worry about it.

Is it only boss wipes, or possibly also boss kills? At the pace we're currently clearing content now there would probably be several occasions where I wouldn't be able to use Doomguard on every fight if the cooldown was 10 minutes. When we're clearing FL for fast boosts I even already have that problem with the 6 minute cooldown.
    You're comparing the speed to clearing an old tier with that of progression content?

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    You're comparing the speed to clearing an old tier with that of progression content?
    I'm not comparing the problems in FL with anything, I'm merely stating that the problem is already there even when the cooldown is reduced by 40%. Without the cooldown reduction from the tier bonus it would also be a problem in Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even begin to understand WoWdb and spell id's

But how is this spell.

Death Coil Level 85
    23% of base mana 30 yd range
    Instant 2 min cooldown
    Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec and causes 754 Shadow damage. The caster gains 300% of the damage caused in health.
    The same as this spell

Mortal Coil Talent
    30 yrd range
    instant 45 second cooldown
    Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec. The caster restores 25% of their maximum health of their health if the target is horrified.
    (taken from the official talent calc so not sure if its up to date)

Not trying to be snarky, I just don't understand.

Without actually knowing how things work in Blizzard's code, I would assume when they make effects such as reduced cooldown on a skill, they make an effect that references to a spell by its unique identifier (spell id).

If that is how the code works the set bonus would just tell spell with id 6789 to reduce its own cooldown by 30 seconds. In Cataclysm that spell is Death Coil, while in MoP that unique identifier is tied to Mortal Coil.

Edit: But the whole problem of the pvp set bonus has already been resolved, in MoP it will reduce the cooldown of Unending Resolve by 10 sec. http://mop.wowhead.com/itemset=-433
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-05-11 at 09:10 PM.

Yup, what Sakpoth said is correct (it's essentially reverse of the Sunfire/Moonfire issues, where buffs to moonfire don't apply to sunfire because it's a different spell ID, same with Hurricane/Astral Storm on the beta).

On topic: I'm willing to bet you'll see this set bonus nerfed either in the pre-xpac patch, or for the xpac itself. Blizzard doesn't like this type of play either, and they don't like tiers to transcend past their tier of content too far. (i.e the old Moonkin t8 4set that was still good until well into ICC before they nerfed it, I can only assume that one that goes well into the next expansion will be significantly changed, probably from the current CD reduction/increased duration to something along the lines of "All damage done by your Infernal or Doomguard is increased by 50%") I don't pretend to be an authority on the issue, but based on past experience, I wouldn't break out the gear changing macros yet.

Deleted
    Edit: But the whole problem of the pvp set bonus has already been resolved, in MoP it will reduce the cooldown of Unending Resolve by 10 sec. http://mop.wowhead.com/itemset=-433
    Eurgh that's depressing! 10seconds off a 3minute cooldown... Whoopty-do blizzard!

I would imagine that the simplest fix would be to add "does not work above level 85" to the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    I would imagine that the simplest fix would be to add "does not work above level 85" to the set bonus.

In retrospect, yeah, I'd say this is the most likely fate of the 2set, means they don't need to try and balance a new set bonus in the MoP pre-patch, and it keeps the set bonus the same for any 85 twink guilds that may form in future expansions (as the reduced CD is almost needed for DS since there's next to no trash to burn time between bosses.)