Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Diablo 3 Retail Release - Download / Launcher Problems

Hey guys, so today I decided to download the D3 pre-client download and right now it says its 7.6gb done out of 7.6gb.
    Is it done and do I just have to exit out of it or did it freeze up or something?
    This happen to anyone else?

let it finish i think it merge files

hmmm alright i guess, it's been like this for like 15 minutes now, but ill wait and see

Deleted
    If you open the download client you can press "view log" under settings or something like that, then make sure it says 100% and if it does you are done. I had the same problem as you, it would just stand still at 7.6./7.6. So once you make sure its 100% done (View log) Then Ctrl + Alt + Delete and end the process for Blizzard downloader. Now go the the directory and try to run the set up.

Hope it helps!

My pre dl stopped at 5.6gig does anyone know how to make it pick up downlaoding from there or do i have to do from the start again?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    My pre dl stopped at 5.6gig does anyone know how to make it pick up downlaoding from there or do i have to do from the start again?
    Yes, when you start Blizzard download again you need to guide the client to the directory where you previously installed the 5.6 GB.

If your at 7.6/7.6 the download is done. There is something up with the download in terms of triggering the finishing of the download when it is done. To make sure it's done you can run the .exe that got downloaded. What should happen is the installer will start but if you hit the big install button you will get a message about fire raining from the sky and Diablo 3 not being finished yet. If you get that then the installer is downloaded and that message is just the one to prevent you from installing the game early. Come Monday that message will be gone and you can install the game.

Deleted
    Mine doesn't start at all. Could it be because I chose the english(EU) version?

you can try this: http://www.filecluster.com/downloads/Diablo-3.html ..they have the full game within a rar file..basically what the installer does after it ends. After you download it, you just need to install it etc Was wondering if it's necessary to start a thread, so people can post alternative download links to D3 full installer? hehe

Deleted
    I just closed it and relaunched it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    If your at 7.6/7.6 the download is done. There is something up with the download in terms of triggering the finishing of the download when it is done. To make sure it's done you can run the .exe that got downloaded. What should happen is the installer will start but if you hit the big install button you will get a message about fire raining from the sky and Diablo 3 not being finished yet. If you get that then the installer is downloaded and that message is just the one to prevent you from installing the game early. Come Monday that message will be gone and you can install the game.
    I downloaded the full 7.6/7.6 and then closed the downloader. When I go into the .exe it comes with with that fucking retarded 'Downloading Setup Files' or some shit. Any idea wtf is with that? Blizzards retarded downloading system is pissing me off. Being in Australia and having limited downloads sucks ass, The same thing happened with the MoP beta after i installed that.
    When you are up against a Facey situation, don't forget to use your Face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also be aware, I dont believe you can INSTALL the game until monday.

Deleted

D3 pre-download error!

Hey, i started pre-downloading d3 and since my net is so slow i couldn't download it all in one take, and now i get some error when the checker is finished and it resumes download saying "This download is not authorized".

I tryed running as administrator, disabling firewall but none work. Anyone else encounter this problem and got a fix for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    You need to re-download the downloader from Battle.Net. Then just point it to the download location where the partially completed files are, and it'll pick up from there.
    I did that several times, didn't worked. I even tryed downloading all the game and i get same error when download starts.

i have the same problem and i dont know how to fix it...my internet speed is low too thats why i had to download it on many times,but when it reached like 2g that error popped up too..hope some1 can help us asap

I had that problem too, I fixed it by opening the downloader as administrater.

Deleted
    i found this: http://eu.battle.net/support/en/arti...not-authorized

Im trying it now to see if i get a fix.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 07:57 AM ----------

So i tryed few stuffz and got one of those to work. I made a new administrator account and download started fianlly, hopefully ill finish it before getting more errors (7h /sadface).

I hope this helps others aswell.

Deleted

Download error

when i open blizz dowloader its says tracer dont respond, any help?

Deleted
    We are getting a lot of posts now about retail release download problems, please post here rather than create a new thread.

I've merged a few threads up to this point, in case some of the posts seem slightly out of sync.

Here are some common problems

The message "This download is not authorised" - http://eu.battle.net/support/en/arti...not-authorized

Run the Launcher as Administrator if you are not already doing so.

Slow download speeds or stalled downloads: Some people may find higher download speeds or problems are solved by turning off "Peer to Peer".

If you stop your download or close the launcher your files should resume from the same point. Some people on the official forums have reported that deleting the launcher client, and redownloading it, have fixed problems with the download getting stuck.

Launcher not loading at all: Multiple instances of Agent.exe running. Sometimes problems with agent.exe are causing launcher problems. If agent.exe is causing problems, you can remove the folder "\ProgramData\Battle.net" this will not negatively affect your blizzard games - this will force the agent exe to rebuild itself which may fix problems if your launcher does not load.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-12 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperhald View Post
    I had the same problem as you, it would just stand still at 7.6./7.6. So once you make sure its 100% done (View log) Then Ctrl + Alt + Delete and end the process for Blizzard downloader. Now go the the directory and try to run the set up.
    That^ and also try disabling Peer to Peer download at the top left corner. That helped me at least.

PS: You can't install it until the game is released, which is the night between monday and tuesday (CET/europe time at least)