Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I have to agree with everyone here just go for 11 days and avoid failing imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    I think people now these day are addicted to WOW............just a druggie that need that fix..................
    Your advice to a person suffering from severe depression to "lighten up" was bad enough, but you are now inferring he's addicted to WoW for a sarcastic remark he said earlier that was discussed and pointed out to be sarcastic. You are really misunderstanding the OP.

If anything is still unclear then perhaps going to the principal him/herself might clarify things further. Begin by explaining your situation and then outline what your plan is for the final period before your schooling ends and see what is said in regards to that. Are you being medicated for your depression, or does your school have a councillor you can speak to? Either provide some proof that you are genuinly suffering from severe depression or go and see the councillor, if you have one, to perhaps have him/her intervene on your behalf.

Chances are that just soldiering through the 11 days may be most straight-forward option however Get a handle on your depression though regardless of whatever else you decide to do. Sleeping through it won't help you get over it if you don't know what the cause is.
    Last edited by Theodon; 2012-05-11 at 01:58 PM.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Dude go to your fucking class.

You miss 21 days? That's fucking unheard of. School is supposed to be 180 days out of the year and you can't even swing that? On top of that you're intentionally late every day?

That has to be one of the worst work ethics I've ever heard of. You won't survive COLLEGE much less the real world.

I'm not flaming. I'm being 100% honest.

It's only 11 days. I wouldn't risk it honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I have 11 days left of school until i graduate, but i've been dealing with severe depression and have missed 21 days (half of that was on vacation to look at colleges out of state). For the past week i've been skipping my first block class and instead waking up an hour and a half later and going to 2nd and 4th block (the only 2 classes required to graduate). Today the vice-principal called me to his office and threatened me with the "truancy laws". I asked him about the consequences of said laws, and he quickly changed the subject. I've never failed a class and with graduating in 11 days, what can happen if I continue to skip that first class every day? Can they keep me from graduating?

I know some laws may be different in each state, but i live in Minnesota and obviously i'm a senior.

Can i keep skipping my first block, or can I tell the vice principal to forget about it and mind his own?
    It's only 11 days. Just go to the class.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Don't get me wrong, but Depression is no laughing matter, trust me. However it sounds like this particular depression (if you say what it is) is... life. That's how life is. I worked and did school at the same time too. It blows, but that's how it is.
    Yeah, the OP is hardly the first person to work while going to school. I did so in both High School and College. This isn't abnormal.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

go to class. its less than two weeks

obviously you are taking high school for granted
    It is easy and if you get depressed in high school for what ever reason maybe you should fail this year so you can return another and become a bit more mature so you might be able to handle a real job or hell college for that matter

Just my opinion take what you will from it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Because I can detect sarcasm like that in a post like that. Give me a break. When you word it like that, there's zero chance a random person would infer that it's sarcasm.
    I think the sarcasm was indicated by the fact that he was talking about serious matters and then mentioned that his WoW subscription was the most important, dealing with job, making sure his dad would be able to retire "and most importantly" WoW.. Nobody would ever say that truthly :P

Either that or I'm a sarcasm superhero who can detect sarcasm even though there's a 0% chance of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Yeah, the OP is hardly the first person to work while going to school. I did so in both High School and College. This isn't abnormal.
    To be fair, I dont think its fair for you to judge whether or not that he isn't having a hard time with such little information that you know other then "its a job as well as college"