Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

D3: What Bugs Me About It.

I've been a fan of Blizzard games for a long time, but fell out of them after seeing how they handled SC2, and WoW. They had 10 years to develop SC2, TEN YEARS, and they pulled a "Counter Strike: Global Offensive" by not doing much with the game at all other than pushing the story and releasing expansions that will most likely cost you as much as vanilla SC2. Basically they sacrificed innovation for a VERY long story and multiple cut-scenes. But this isn't about SC2, even though I could rant for days about it. And before you say "You still bought it lol", I didn't. I played my friends game, because sadly I can't trust Blizzard anymore.

Anyway, I had hoped Blizzard would take a different approach with D3. I had hoped they would be very innovative and take risks, but what can you expect from a company that doesn't have it's original Diablo dev team anymore? My friend had beta, I played it, and this is what bugs me.

• Who gave Samwise the colored pencils? I love his art work, don't get me wrong. He's actually a big reason why I love drawing, however...his style doesn't belong in D3 and because of the art direction...the game just looks silly to me.
    • RMAH: does Blizzard really need more money? I'm not saying making money is bad, in fact...IT'S GREAT! I love making money, you love making money, everyone loves making money. However, this feature really didn't need to be put into the game. It's really just a waste of development time and resources that could have been used on a better, more innovative feature. They just put it in to get a cut of money from every players sold item. You'd be a sucker ot think otherwise. Again, there's nothing wrong with making money, but when it fucks with the game is when it becomes wrong.
    • THE WITCH DOCTOR: I really hate this fucker. He pisses me off to all hell. Why didn't they just revamp the necro? Dear god...who pitched this idea? Basically a necro, but wearing leafs and wooden masks. Two words: fucking dumb.
    • Voice acting: Blizzard has unlimited money, and got the worst VOs I've heard in big budget game. Way to save a buck guys! /thumbs up.
    • Obviously sacrified time and resources on cinematics out the arse.
    • No PvP upon launch. NO EXCUSE FOR THIS.
    • Online, all the time: Ever heard of cloud syncing? Even Steam does it! NO EXCUSE.

I could bitch more, but I know I'm going to get lashed anyway. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 2012-05-11 at 05:53 AM.

I suggest you find something else to play.

Find a game that best meets your standards since D3 obviously won't. Let us know when you find that game..

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    [*]Voice acting: Blizzard has unlimited money, and got the worst VOs I've heard in big budget game. Way to save a buck guys! /thumbs up.
    Would you prefer they spent all their money on voice acting instead of the game mechanics, e.g., SWTOR?

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear there was already a thread exactly like this ... I commented in it and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post

Find a game that best meets your standards since D3 obviously won't. Let us know when you find that game..
    Already played Dungeon Siege 3. Personally...better than D3.
    It offers more, but since it's an older game my answer is Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Orikfricai View Post
    Would you prefer they spent all their money on voice acting instead of the game mechanics, e.g., SWTOR?
    Would you rather them spend it on expensive and extensive cinematic development that doesn't effect the game-play directly?
    Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played the Beta?

Oops you did, I just remembered that's in your first paragraph.

I was just wondering anyway, there was no real reason to my asking.

Sorry sorry, ignore this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post

Right. So instead of rebutting his argument or providing counterpoints to his complaints, your response is a non-response.

You realize that makes your post pretty much worthless, right?

OP: My only real issues with D3 right now are the dumbing down of game mechanics and the online-only thing. I can live with the colorful, cartoony graphics, and the RMAH doesn't bother me at all (I think it's a pretty neat idea, actually.) I'm not concerned with PvP because WoW has been continually proving that Blizzard doesn't really have the ability to make a PvP-RPG.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    what can you expect from a company that doesn't have it's original Diablo dev team anymore?
    Have you played Hellgate: London or Torchlight? I have. Apparently the original Diablo development team doesn't really have the touch anymore.

Even though it had great potential, Hellgate: London was a complete failure, so much so in fact that Flagship Studios went bankrupt and was dissolved. Torchlight on the other hand is a children's comic book version of Diablo, and as a game it's basically a demo version of something that might one day be an actual game. That something is Torchlight II, and it remains to be seen whether the guys pull their acts together and create an actually good game this time.

So... What can you expect from a company that doesn't have the original Diablo devs? Something a lot better than you can from a company (two companies, actually) that has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry you lost all credibility right there. Dungeon Siege 3 was horrible, an abomination. The game had exactly nothing fun in it. That wasn't an ARPG. it was nothing more than a console port of a game that had barely any skills. How you can possibly compare Dungeon Siege 3 to Diablo 3 is beyond me.

Most of what you don't seem to like seems nitpicky and highly opinionated at best. Which is fine, you don't have to like everything, but you didn't really say anything about the actual gameplay.

I have no issues with the art direction. I think it looks great, and there's still a lot of the game that remains unseen.

The only reason the RMAH was implemented was to give players a safe avenue to sell their items. Blizzard knows how big selling items via 3rd party sites was in D2, so instead of pretending it didn't happen they built in a convenient option for all players. Maybe it doesn't completely curb 3rd party selling, but I could see a majority of item sales happening via the D3 RMAH. In the process they make more money. Big deal.

Witch Doctor is actually my favorite class, and will likely be the first class I play come release. A lot of people seem to feel the same way. Again, you don't have to like him, but a lot of us love what we've seen of the class and can't wait to get him going in release.

Voice acting was good enough. It's not something I put a lot of weight on in a game like Diablo anyway. Most Blizzard games tend to have cornball voice acting considering they almost always recycle the same people.

Cinematics I'm not sure about. Haven't seen em, and I don't think most are available. From what's shown in the trailers though I have no complaints. Seems up to typical Blizzard standards.

No PVP is an issue for a minority of players. If it wasn't going to be good out of the gate and held the game back even further, I can wait.

Online all the time is kinda shitty, but overall I have no real issue with it. I can see why they made this choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    So you complain about a game because of personal preference?

Original.

you're not going to play D3?!!! hold on, let me put on my care face. ok ready...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =( How can I possibly enjoy the next installment in Diablo with you out there all mad at it?

I read the entire post of crap filled ignorance. I don't even care to try and inform you why I think Diablo 3 is one of the best games ever made. Mainly because you complain about SC2 and Blizzard not taking risks then proceed to complain about the Witch Doctor and it not being the Necromancer.

You are just upset with D3 because you want to be. I can see the bad in the game but I can look past the minor blemishes to see a true piece of art.

Also, Blizzard cinematic cut scenes have the same engine for smoke, hair and fire as SC2. Meaning half the work was already done.

If you don't like D3 and you dislike Blizzard then leave. Nobody gives a damn that you feel like a special snowflake because you dislike something that is very hyped and anticipated. You bitch and complain as if you are entitled to a game, as if it is your birth rite to have D3 as you want it. You are not entitled to D3 being your way, nor do you control what Blizzard does with their IP. If I dislike the Ford Focus I don't speedily run off and write nasty forum posts about it. Instead I just ignore it and move on. I do not have to buy a Ford Focus, nor do I have to even think about it. All I do is move on and do something else.

I understand that you are frustrated about the game not coming out as you wanted it. However, instead of raising your hopes so high they can not be met you should bring them down so that you are impressed.

Deleted
    This is a hate post in disquise.
    You can hate Blizzard as much as you want, wont stop you for buying their games anyway troll .

Meh. Just seems like minor & personal gripes. Like being irked a Wizard is wearing purple.

I don't actually understand complaining about the Witch Doctor of all things in a post slighting Blizzard for unoriginality. So you see tribal witch doctors with greater ubiquity in other games? The necromancer archetype is really rare, huh?

And there is an excuse for no PVP at launch- it's not core to the franchise or genre. It's a nice side bonus Blizz are allowing later on.

voiced acted by azula, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by reyareya View Post
    voiced acted by azula, nuff said.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1201149/

I think it was a great choice for Tyrael.

You've played a game, and in your opinion its better than a game you never played?

Arrogance level 99.

I've had the D3 beta for several months now and Witch Doctor is by far the most fun to play for me, the other classes were decent but not really my play style. I'm assuming the whole always online aspect is because of the RMAH. People would figure out a way to hack the game just like D2 and make their own items then sell them from money on the AH, destroying the economy among other things. Online play only is a must have for this reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are personal gripes. Did you really expect anything else out of an opinion post? Don't need to back my preferences up, at least I thought that's how it works. Oh wait...it does work like that! W/E. Agree with me or not, not a single fuck is given. Won't bother arguing with you about my experience, expectations, or otherwise; personal views.

Sorry if I hurt some of your fan boy sensibilities. DS3 was a good game to me, and to many other people. Sorry if some of you think that D3 is the say-all end-all of ARPGs.

BTW: Torchlight kicks ass. u mad?

Mod Edit: Infracted
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-11 at 08:32 AM.