Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Yoko a taboo name?

I was recently playing through some old PS2 games again lately, namely the Resident Evil Outbreak games. And I liked one of the characters, Yoko Suzuki alot so I decided to go on google and type in Yoko Suzuki images and scrolling a little down to see...a few huge and disturbingly realistic pictures of a woman missing her entire lower jaw. I don't know what I could do, I just ran straight from my room and waited for the monitor to shut itself off. But what the hell did I just see? This wasn't even some photoshop image, it looked really real.

Scarred for life, but I'd like to know why that had to come...

Just google image searched "Yoko Suzuki" and I found no images of the sort. Still I find it weird how Google didn't autocomplete her name when I began typing it in.

logic, not in this thread!
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

What? Why would it be taboo? And you ran away from your computer? Did you hide behind the sofa too?

I can't see any pictures like that, just other explicit things.

Only because of Yoko Ono.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christ.

So because you saw a picture with a woman missing her jaw you think the name might be taboo.

Your threads never cease to amaze and disturb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Uh.

The Grudge? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju-on

has a character named Suzuki Kyoko.
    She's seen in the film missing her lower jaw.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-05-11 at 06:19 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Gimme some of what you're having

The Yoko that you saw is a character named Yoko from the horror movie 'The Grudge'.
    And why should the Name be taboo because of her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    This thread does not compute.

10+ Year Old Account

^OP

and the only Yoko that came to my mind was this one.
    thats the only pic i can find that will not get me banned for posting it...and what is up with anime these days? they make teenagers look like they are 25+
    Last edited by Toho; 2012-05-11 at 06:27 AM.

a few huge and disturbingly realistic pictures of a woman missing her entire lower jaw. I don't know what I could do, I just ran straight from my room and waited for the monitor to shut itself off. But what the hell did I just see? This wasn't even some photoshop image, it looked really real.

Scarred for life
    Someone discovered the internet for the first time.

Don't worry, you'll develop a tolerance.

I'm too afraid to even look at these links people are posting.

Deleted
    Ah, I have fond memories of playing Resident Evil Outbreak! Though I'm curious as to why you were playing a game involving zombies only to freak out when confronted with an image of a different 'zombie' when searching for Yoko. As someone else pointed out, the image in question is taken from the film the Grudge. Perhaps the horror genre just isn't for you? I don't mean that in a condescending way, though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a little depressing to see that 90% of the google image results are for Yoko Suzuki rather than Ono.

Really though, it's just a horror film. Be thankful you didn't discover certain other, darker corners of the Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have so much to learn about the internet young padawan.

One day when you've seen it all and nothing in the world can surprise you you'll man up and turn all Google filtering off and become one with the force.
    Last edited by Linaver; 2012-05-11 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Ah, I have fond memories of playing Resident Evil Outbreak! Though I'm curious as to why you were playing a game involving zombies only to freak out when confronted with an image of a different 'zombie' when searching for Yoko. As someone else pointed out, the image in question is taken from the film the Grudge. Perhaps the horror genre just isn't for you? I don't mean that in a condescending way, though.
    Resident Evil never scares, it's more science fiction drama to me than horror now.

Please post your rl picture, Salandrin, so we could make a new meme. Called "sissy".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Resident Evil never scares, it's more science fiction drama to me than horror now.
    Have you played the other games in the series? They tend to be gorier, or at least the earlier ones were. I'd suggest trying to watch a few horror films to desensitise yourself a little more. Though don't beat yourself up over it - not everyone is wired the same way. Perhaps watching the film in question would put you at ease, though? The image is worse out of context than it is in the actual film, in my opinion.