Driver update gone wrong? Graphics really bugged need help!

Hello so im not really good with cpu tech so please forgive me if I seem stupid, but last monday a driver update was available for the AMD Catalyst for version 12.4, so I downloaded it and restarted my computer since it asked me to do so, but after I installed it, all of my games have been having really glitchy graphics, from League of Legends having stretched textures and having things dissapear, and sometimes flatout crash, to having Modern Warfare 3 (Yea yea get your laughs out of your system <_< >_>) having really really buggy mist effects. http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/56...F5C9714D57A75/ here is a example.

Now I have tried many things, from custom installing the same update, to uninstalling all AMD programs and then reinstalling them, but nothing seems to be working. For some reason the Catalyst program itself is always saying that it is currently on version 12.3, however on the 12.4 installer it says that everything is up to date.

I am using a ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics card and a AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.80 GHz processor if that helps any.

Please any help would really be.... well.... helpful!

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 11:53 PM ----------

I guess all the smart tech people are asleep? Is it okay to bump just once to hopefully get some help?

Deleted
    I'm not a AMD user, but shouldnt there be programs that swipes all traces of the graphic drivers for AMD as well ?

That would be my idea, even though a driver shouldn't be doing this.

Temperatures and all are fine ?

The latest catalyst drivers have issues.

Uninstall them and downgrade to 12.3

And yes, I am 100% serious.

AMD just can't seem to get people who can write drivers properly. Really, always when there's a new version it has a 50% chance to be buggy.

If I recall correctly whenever you install a new driver you have an option revert your driver back to your previous one in your computer hardware manager. This option is available if the new driver doesn't work properly.
    And the catalyst itself doesn't hold any drivers, it's just a config software. You could just search the net for an older driver and install it and see what happens.

Deleted
    Yea downgrade the drivers. Im still on 12.1 after having issues with each new release recently...

There are a couple series of the cards that have an issue with 12.4, There was a hot fix for it though. However I would recommend getting Driver Sweeper. Remove all your drivers registry entries, and so on. Then reinstall your catalyst software. Also you can get the hot fix here.

Note: The hot fix was for problems with certain cards and D3. So I am unsure if this will solve your problem. But if it does not. Remember just uninstall catalyst software, run driver sweeper, click all AMD/ATI for your video card. Clean it out. Reinstall Catalyst 12.3 or what ever version you had that was working fine before.
    Last edited by ujellybrah; 2012-05-11 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Hot Fix info for D3...

had this issue on wow on my old ati cards, go to the catalyst control panel (right click on desktop) and hit the restore to system default settings, hopefully that will work