10+ Year Old Account

Helm not showing on your Pureblood?

Working as intended.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=442128

Kinda disappointing honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Ugg, I am lvling a Sith pure blood warrior now and just noticed that..

Is it because of the danglies or what ever? I just dont see a reason why but whatever. Its just this kind of stuff that makes me face palm sometimes.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a SS to go along with the issue and a link to the item? I'm curious about the specifics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Ugg, I am lvling a Sith pure blood warrior now and just noticed that..

Is it because of the danglies or what ever? I just dont see a reason why but whatever. Its just this kind of stuff that makes me face palm sometimes.
    Ya, it appears to be a workaround for the clipping issues that some "danglies" seem to have with the rebreather masks. They say they are working on another workaround and to pay attention to patch notes to find out when the changes take place.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Do you have a SS to go along with the issue and a link to the item? I'm curious about the specifics.
    Not off hand, my warrior doesn't have one atm. But pretty much the mask that Malgus wears and ones like it. Before 1.2 the dangles on sith purebloods would clip through the mask (mostly the bottom of it). So they decided to simply disable the masks that did this.

Here's a pic of a helm thats still showing in the game that has the issue that the rebreather type masks have.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-05-11 at 01:57 PM.

They did that with a lot of Twilek helments too

If you had a helm (say the Cowboy smuggler hat) that you wanted to use on a Twilek...it used to show the helm and "cut off" the Lekku (or did it just let the lekku clip through...can't remember now)

But now it doesn't show at all and shows you bald (so even if you had the Racial headband, that disappears.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Here's a pic of a helm thats still showing in the game that has the issue that the rebreather type masks have.
    -snip-
    Hmmm, I'm really surprised that the mask doesn't simply disable the features. Though, I guess they do have the same issue with Twileks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Hmmm, I'm really surprised that the mask doesn't simply disable the features. Though, I guess they do have the same issue with Twileks.
    Well, normally with the masks or helms like the one above, they are disabled. The issue I think they are having in terms of the rebreather masks is that they can't just disable the face features for purebloods since the rebreather masks don't always cover them all. You would end up with some holes on the face (such as the ones located near the eyebrows and such). They'll have to work around to disabling specific "dangles" on the face per mask.