Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    about time. gonna find out what's harder. d3 inferno or DS

Well that's extremely disappointing. I was (still am, but now not so much) very excited in regards to this.

To clarify, my current understanding is this will be a PC port only and that the extra content will only be available in this new PC version.

Dark Souls for PC confirmed to be on Steam and Games for Windows.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1224905p1.html (It's at the end of the article)

Deleted
    Soo many great games this year: D3, GW2, DS, B&S, WoW MoP etc...

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Dark Souls for PC confirmed to be on Steam and Games for Windows.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1224905p1.html (It's at the end of the article)
    As far as I can tell, it will use GFWL even if you purchase it through Steam (like many other games do). Still pissed off they openly admitted to it being a quick and dirty console port and that it will use GFWL : /

OH LOOK

All the people who signed the petition wanting the game saying "PLEASE RELEASE IT ON PC I WILL DO ANYTHING OMFG PLEASE"

are now all, no i dont want it..............

GG idiots. If people don't buy this you will have properly fucked up any chance of any more pc ports from this company.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    As far as I can tell, it will use GFWL even if you purchase it through Steam (like many other games do). Still pissed off they openly admitted to it being a quick and dirty console port and that it will use GFWL : /
    That sucks. The game will be pirated a lot If the port will be that bad, a lot of people will feel like It's not worth the money to buy a crappy console port that uses GFWL.

Yeah, I was looking forward to it but not so much anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    OH LOOK

All the people who signed the petition wanting the game saying "PLEASE RELEASE IT ON PC I WILL DO ANYTHING OMFG PLEASE"

are now all, no i dont want it..............

GG idiots. If people don't buy this you will have properly fucked up any chance of any more pc ports from this company.
    Sorry, but we still want the game, we just don't want it to be a trashy console port with no effort made to make the experience enjoyable with a mouse + keyboard. We also don't want it to use HORRIBLY systems like GFWL that frequently lock you out of your game for no reason. The second they announced that they MIGHT use GFWL there was a petition created for people who wouldn't buy it if they ended up going with that "service", and it was relatively large.

If we're going to play a game, we want it to be a good game. We don't want to have developers give us a half-assed product that includes horrible "services" that NOBODY likes and then complain when we don't purchase it.

Sorry, but we still want the game, we just don't want it to be a trashy console port with no effort made to make the experience enjoyable with a mouse + keyboard. We also don't want it to use HORRIBLY systems like GFWL that frequently lock you out of your game for no reason. The second they announced that they MIGHT use GFWL there was a petition created for people who wouldn't buy it if they ended up going with that "service", and it was relatively large.

If we're going to play a game, we want it to be a good game. We don't want to have developers give us a half-assed product that includes horrible "services" that NOBODY likes and then complain when we don't purchase it.
    I agree with this. As fantastic as Arkham City was, the GFWL system certainly left a sour taste in my mouth, and I'd rather not deal with it again if I don't have to.

Been looking forward to this 1. Though i hope they don't fuck it up. I hate windows live but can live with it if its just for this game. The only thing i'm really afraid of is the bad port to pc especially with keyboard and mouse. Like many said if your gonna give in to pc players do it right and don't stop halfway because you'll lose more customers then you'll gain.

And after that it's gonna be "see that it was a terrible sale on pc".

GFWL is fine. Stop crying over it. Never had a problem with it on my pc.

Are you the same person about having to log on to play diablo 3? Or some of your steam games too?

This is the way the games industry is moving. Get used to it.

GFWL is a turd, plain and simple. However, if they pull their head out of their ass and get PC/360 party chat working I'd be more inclined to use it, as I have a number of friends that play console over PC.

As for DS, I'm quite disappointed that they are going the lazy route and doing a straight port. This will not bring them the sale that it could. I'll wait for it be on a Steam Sale a few months after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    GFWL is fine. Stop crying over it. Never had a problem with it on my pc.

Are you the same person about having to log on to play diablo 3? Or some of your steam games too?

This is the way the games industry is moving. Get used to it.
    I'm against always on DRM like D3 uses, so yes? As for Steam, I'm not happy that it's so difficult for you to log on in offline mode. That being said though, it's easily one of the least intrusive methods of DRM out there and causes FAR fewer issues for consumers compared to GFWL.

I have no problem with the industry moving towards a more online system. The services that are required should be functional and not suck. GFWL is a horrible service and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who finds actual value in all the hassle it causes. Steam actually provides a very good service while causing relatively few problems overall. My complaints are less about the DRM aspect and more about the fact that GFWL is terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks to difficult to me...i enjoy easier rpg games where i can enter god mode and zap everything to death :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I don't even know why the hell Dark Souls and Demon Souls were even released on consoles. Who's the bozo who thought a hardcore game would get more sells on a console?
    Wow, somebody doesn't know their video game history. some of THE most hardcore games ever created were on consoles, do some reading before ya spout off yer mouth okay friend?

You can pirate console games just as easily, you just have to buy some DVD disks.
    actually, nothing could be further from the truth. to "pirate" on a console you have to PHYSICALLY alter the system.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    actually, nothing could be further from the truth. to "pirate" on a console you have to PHYSICALLY alter the system.
    While it's not as easy as he says, it's not as difficult as you make it sound either. Console piracy is very much a thing and it's caused plenty of issues. There are regular busts of piracy rings in China and Japan that get headlines. You don't see it as much in the States, but you don't see busts of PC pirates either, just developers claiming they kill sales.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-issues-remain
    "In terms of the PC version, the quick answer is no, we won't be fixing the frame rate problems."

Welp. Rushed and flawed port. At least they are admitting to it being rushed.
    What I don't understand is... why? Why are they rushing it out as soon as possible? Do they really think that people are going to buy it without question, even after they've admitted that it will use GFWL and that they aren't fixing the framerate issues? I mean, at this point, why should I even buy it on PC if it isn't going to run better than my PS3 version? I just don't see the point anymore.

It will still be great to see on PC.

Stop crying over small issues.

That or go play it on console........