Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Finished Blighttown. Brilliantly evil level design. Other than that purple stuff, is there any way to lessen the effects of toxin? Also, towards the end of Blighttown, the area with the 6 or so dart blowers, with all of the hellhounds down below, fuck that place. Seriously. Luckily, the dart blowers don't respawn, so it's basically a kamikaze run to get as many as you can, then retreat back to where you can grab your souls easier after you succumb.

Then came the FFFFFFUUUUUUU moment, when you go back and the mute who upgrades your flasks is dead. Then you go up top and the bonfire no longer works. I think I heard the game do a Nelson laugh.
    A neat little trick with toxic in blight town is this.

You know the dung pies the giant moss dudes drop? You can throw a few of them and it will make you toxic. However, the toxic from that is waaaaaaaaaaaaay less intense than the toxic the blow dart guys will give you and prevents them from giving you their own toxic. So when you go to that place with the six or so blow dart guys to get that firekeeper's soul, taking a few dung pies with you can be a huge help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    You can throw a few of them and it will make you toxic.
    Or you can just use the spider shield, since it doesn't let poison/toxic buildup through the block...
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Or you can just use the spider shield, since it doesn't let poison/toxic buildup through the block...
    Doesn't help when you're getting hit between hits, or accidentally getting hit cause you're new to the area, or just being dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, a word to the wise. At least as far as invading other people's worlds, Cheats such as trainers TO FUNCTION FOR THEM. I'm not sure if it works for them when invading someone, as I've never invaded at all. And I'm one of those cheating assholes, so beware :-) I get invaded all the time by people in seemingly better gear than I have, they take swipe after swipe on me and I don't lose any health...then I hit them once and they die >:-) I'm an evil bastard. I don't like PvP, and hate that it's basically mandatory to put up with in what is otherwise an absolutely amazing game.

Granted, I HAVE been nice before and let people 'farm' souls from me. With max souls, if I die, you get a buttload of souls. So someone invades, I jump off a cliff, grats to you. I just press a simple button and back to full souls I go :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Doesn't help when you're getting hit between hits, or accidentally getting hit cause you're new to the area, or just being dumb.
    That's why they should "git gud".

10+ Year Old Account
    and this is why if you want to PvP you don't play Xbox or PC one. =\

Only reason to go human is if you want to.
    1. Co-op.
    2. Kindle.
    3. PvP.
    4. Not look like a raisin.
    About the only reasons to be human, else you don't have to be human and get invaded.

Plus, I find it boring to cheat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Wait a sec... a-are you bragging about chaeting online? Seriously? Could you humiliate yourself any more? I hope you get banned from GFWL. (Actually, I'd ban you on these forums too, if I were a mod)

And to other players: if you see a cheater online, do not hesitate or be lazy - file a complaint to MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like PvP
    So stay hollow except for the parts where it's "required" to be human maybe? I'm not going to say you are awful at the game, but you are awful at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post
    Oh, and you do know you can resurrect her, right?
    I did not know that, but I didn't stick around too long due to the time. I ran into Undead Burg to the 1st bonfire there and logged.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by solazz View Post
    You know the dung pies the giant moss dudes drop? You can throw a few of them and it will make you toxic.
    Interesting. I was saving those for a tough fight, similar to how I used the firebombs on Capra.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I don't have the Spider Shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    So stay hollow except for the parts where it's "required" to be human maybe? I'm not going to say you are awful at the game, but you are awful at the game.
    This annoys me. There are some people who like to play single player, and not be forced to play online because of a mechanic in the game (kindling bonfires). I was playing and someone invaded me and killed me with a single hit. If I don't go invading other people, what's wrong with protecting yourself from griefers?

I'd like to play as human form all the time but I don't want my game to be ruined by someone playing with a hacked character. If there was some game mod that replaced the Hallowed texture with my equivalent human form then that'd do me, but I don't want to have to choose between playing the game looking horrible, and risking having griefers invading me.

I can atleast understand why someone would use a trainer, it doesn't mean they are awful at the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I did not know that, but I didn't stick around too long due to the time.
    You'll be able to resurrect her, but later. Watch for that Black Eye Orb to show a sign.

Also, a word to the wise. At least as far as invading other people's worlds, Cheats such as trainers TO FUNCTION FOR THEM. I'm not sure if it works for them when invading someone, as I've never invaded at all. And I'm one of those cheating assholes, so beware :-) I get invaded all the time by people in seemingly better gear than I have, they take swipe after swipe on me and I don't lose any health...then I hit them once and they die >:-) I'm an evil bastard. I don't like PvP, and hate that it's basically mandatory to put up with in what is otherwise an absolutely amazing game.

Granted, I HAVE been nice before and let people 'farm' souls from me. With max souls, if I die, you get a buttload of souls. So someone invades, I jump off a cliff, grats to you. I just press a simple button and back to full souls I go :-P
    You are what's wrong with Dark Souls online play. PvP is most certainly not mandatory. It's easy. Don't reverse hollowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    This annoys me. There are some people who like to play single player, and not be forced to play online because of a mechanic in the game (kindling bonfires). I was playing and someone invaded me and killed me with a single hit. If I don't go invading other people, what's wrong with protecting yourself from griefers?
    The majority of invaders aren't griefers. The majority are people just looking to PvP. And it's stupid when you are legitimately trying to PvP and you invade some cheater that you can't win against. Yeah, it sucks when you are invaded by a cheater yourself, but that isn't any kind of excuse to use a trainer or any kind of cheat. That just makes the problem worse. You don't need a trainer to get through the game, and yes, if you use one you are awful. I was awful when I first started playing the game, but you know what I did? I got better by playing the game. Using a trainer doesn't make you better. It's lame as hell.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2013-01-16 at 03:55 PM.

Top 5 of best games i've ever played. Don't miss this out! WARNING, DON'T TRY TO PLAY WITHOUT CONTROLLER

10+ Year Old Account

I'd like to play as human form all the time but I don't want my game to be ruined by someone playing with a hacked character. If there was some game mod that replaced the Hallowed texture with my equivalent human form then that'd do me, but I don't want to have to choose between playing the game looking horrible, and risking having griefers invading me.

I can atleast understand why someone would use a trainer, it doesn't mean they are awful at the game.
    There's a solution to being afraid of griefers and playing as a human for whatever reason, and that is playing in offline mode. In all my invasions and getting invaded, I haven't encountered a blatant cheater, and I did a lot of PvP.

If you can't see what is wrong with cheating to "protect" yourself then I don't know what to say. Why not use some tried and true methods of: offline play, boss fog walls, not reverse hallowing, or alt-f4ing from the game?

The reason people are awful at the game for using trainers is you are not taking the time to further your skill at an aspect of the game, or the whole game in general. Playing online carries a risk vs reward. If you think the risk is way too high for the reward, play offline. Or you can use the ZERO SKILL method of cheating your way to victory, degrading legitimate online players' experience.

Yeah, getting invaded is a harrowing experience the first couple times. However, if you die, so freaking what? Dying is what the game is about. Lose humanity? so what? Lose souls? SO WHAT? If you really cared about either of those things you would sit at an easy spot to be summoned (you don't need to reverse to be summoned) and just farm farm farm.

Whether you see it or not, trainers ruin the game. Period. End of story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    You are what's wrong with Dark Souls online play. PvP is most certainly not mandatory. It's easy. Don't reverse hollowing.

The majority of invaders aren't griefers. The majority are people just looking to PvP. And it's stupid when you are legitimately trying to PvP and you invade some cheater that you can't win against.
    I know, I really wish steamguard or gfwl would detect cheater and ban them from online play automatically. I have no problem with someone who doesn't want to play online to cheat and (possibly) ruin their game experience. But if I'm trying to play the game as human as much as possible, I don't like it when a someone invades and lose time/progress because they were cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they could put a

if TotalStats > SoulLevel + 84
    delete character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    The majority of invaders aren't griefers.
    On PC they sure as hell are I have the game both on PC and PS3 and when I want to pvp I have to turn on my PS3 because the PC crow is a bunch of cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    On PC they sure as hell are I have the game both on PC and PS3 and when I want to pvp I have to turn on my PS3 because the PC crow is a bunch of cheaters.
    Sounds like you have had some bad luck. There is a great PvP community on PC. There are still more cheaters than there are on PS3, but I still wouldn't call it a majority.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are some people who like to play single player, and not be forced to play online because of a mechanic in the game (kindling bonfires). I was playing and someone invaded me and killed me with a single hit. If I don't go invading other people, what's wrong with protecting yourself from griefers?
    But if I'm trying to play the game as human as much as possible, I don't like it when a someone invades and lose time/progress because they were cheating.
    Really? Fucking really? "Griefing"? That's how people call PvP these days? It's the same as people complaining about getting killed by other players in WoW, when they rolled their character on a PVP SERVER.

Hollowing reversal is in the game solely for ONE reason - MULTIPLAYER. It is there not for you to "play the game as human as much as possible" and look at your waifu's pretty model. It's in the game's rules - if you go human, you want to engage in multiplayer, be it co-op or pvp, REGARDLESS if YOU like it or not. If you do not understand this simple thing it is your problem and yours alone. Other people shouldn't suffer because of your ignorance and cheating, even if the only thing they want is to kill you to take your humanity. They are playing by the rules and so should you.

Obviously, by this I do not advocate cheaters invaders, those are even worse (if it's possible) than cheating hosts. But well geared twinks ganking low level players in starting areas are 100% legit. Yes, they are much, much more powerful than you, and would destroy you in combat. But they are there to TEACH you - hollowing reversal is a tool you should only use in appropriate moments, like when you desperately need help in defeating a boss. Yes this, includes bonfires kindling - if you need more Estus flask charges to get through the area, you must pay for it. But before that you should weight both options carefuly: "do I really need more Estus, since it will expose me to invasions, am I confident enough in my ability to fight back?" If you still want to kindle bonfires, but fear invasions, then go throw yourself off a cliff or something, and retrieve your bloodstain afterwads.

If there was no cons to staying in human form the game would become laughably easy because of player summons.

And finally, as Fallen Angel mentioned, there is a very simple solution if you're too afraid of playing the game the intended way. You can just switch GFWL to offline mode. That's it, just one button click.

There's no excuse for cheating online. Not in Dark Souls, or ANY other game, really.

Deleted
    While you make great arguments, which I agree with, I do think you need to relax a little. I should just clear up right away that I, myself, don't use cheats in Dark Souls but I can fully understand why other people would use them. I don't like being invaded. The reason being that I've only played 8 hours of the game so far and am not yet good at the game. I haven't read anything on the wiki only the more recent posts on this thread. So it is VERY likely that ANYONE who potentially invades me knows bucket-loads more about the game than I do and I really won't stand a chance.

It would be good if GFWL was able to detect the use of trainers and force offline mode for characters using them (they shouldn't get a GFWL ban) something like what is done in Torchlight 2 where if you use the console command you character is flagged as a 'cheater' but can still be used to play alone or with friends.

You have to realise that what some people get out of a game and what you get out of it can often be completely different. If someone buys a game and gets enjoyment out of using a cheat to make them invincible and clear the content etc then while you may have an opinion on this, you overstep by throwing insults at that person.

The problem is that you have no idea when invading if the host is cheating or not, and that's GFWL's fault, not the host player. Yes there are people who take advantage of this to 'lay traps' for legit invaders, but mostly it will be people who just want to play the game carebear mode and don't even know they can go into offline mode. I didn't even know I could play it offline (a popup come up when the game loads faster than I can connect to GFWL that highly discourages playing w/o a connection) so I was reluctant to do it, thinking it was some form of DRM.

Can't really blame GFWL though in the case of Dark Souls, because it was never intended to be a PC game (though I hear people are hacking the XBOX version too) but really it can't be hard to detect altered characters and force offline mode for them.