Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    how did they found that out
    Because on my nametag was something that basically said "I play WoW" and they started talking to me about it. :O
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think an interesting way of doing factions (for another game) but maintaining the positive aspects of Guild Wars 2's approach would be to create two types of servers: half of the servers for one faction and half of the servers for another faction.

There are some gameplay issues to work out with that idea (starting zone availability to the opposite faction), but all in all I think it keeps the conflict between servers instead of contained on a server.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I think an interesting way of doing factions (for another game) but maintaining the positive aspects of Guild Wars 2's approach would be to create two types of servers: half of the servers for one faction and half of the servers for another faction.

There are some gameplay issues to work out with that idea (starting zone availability to the opposite faction), but all in all I think it keeps the conflict between servers instead of contained on a server.
    That would be an interesting way of doing it, actually. I do have to wonder how they'd work out the different zones and whatnot. Perhaps it would have to be based on the idea of alternate universes/timelines or whatever, with everybody using the same areas anyways?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post

the charr vs everyone else?

death to the charr
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Banding together into groups, painting other groups as bad guys, and massacring them on sight is basic human psychology.

Without factions to provide such division lines, players will use servers as such division lines.

E.g. "Omg, you're not from Sorrow's Furnace? You must suck at pvp"
    well at least they won't cry that arenanet prefers 1 server over the others

15+ Year Old Account
    The whole idea that everyone's gonna flock to Sorrow's Furnace for PvP isn't going to fly... Ain't nobody in their right mind is gonna sit in a hour queue just to get into WvW.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    The whole idea that everyone's gonna flock to Sorrow's Furnace for PvP isn't going to fly... Ain't nobody in their right mind is gonna sit in a hour queue just to get into WvW.
    who says its just for wvw? might just want to hang out with good pvpers for sPvP
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Main reason I dislike factions is because it makes the server feel more dead than it really is by splitting the community in half.
    Exactly this. Servers can only hold X amount of players. Half of those players are useless to the other half in everything except PvP and in most cases that PvP suffers because one side dominates the other or outnumbers the other.

Then developers impliment same faction PvP matches which gets extremely boring (like SWTOR and 90% of all PvP matches are Huttball for months) and thus the faction model is now useless from a lore standpoint which leaves only the downsides.

Thing of the past? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    who says its just for wvw? might just want to hang out with good pvpers for sPvP
    Can you go to the mists while visiting another server? If so, there's no reason to roll on an unofficial 'pvp server' for anything BUT WvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Can you go to the mists while visiting another server? If so, there's no reason to roll on an unofficial 'pvp server' for anything BUT WvW.
    im sure you're able to

my point is people will flock to that server as a meeting place. its far easier to network when you live on that world and not visiting

and even if wvw isnt their prime gameplay mode its also good for gettign to know people

tho i plan to make friends in hotjoin... hopefully

im bad at makign friends
    The Original Ganksta