So my collegue talked me into buying this game.

Okey here we are.

My colleague talked me into buying this game today, so i preordered it and now iam a bit confused. I dont know any lore or anything about this game, i havent played D1 or D2...

Would someone like to briefly in short terms tell me a quick recap on what Diablo is all about and what would a fun class be for me as a newcomer to the world of ... err diablo be?

// Sharped

http://au.ign.com/articles/2012/05/0...to-know-diablo

Should sum most of it up.

The class's are pretty much new, can check the diablo 3 wiki page to check out the class's and see what'd you'd like.

Deleted
    Diablo In 5 Minutes [Series Recap] - Diablo, Diablo II & Diablo III (youtube.com)

Besides that, you click on the ground and run around looking for monsters to kill, then you click on the monsters and kill them, then you click on the items the monsters drop and collect them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here you go: Diablo in 5 minutes

e:f,b

The class that is good for you is which one you like the idea of playing.

There are other threads on the background: Here is one of them http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-story-so-far

Deleted
    You'll find a lot of resources on classes on www.diablo3.com also, to be honest it's an easy game to pick up, fun class depends entirely on you, I find them all fun.. it depends on the playstyle you enjoy.

Deleted
    There's about 3 threads in the first 5 pages of threads about this. No need for another one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Diablo in general: Best game you'll ever play using just your mouse.

Deleted
    Diablo is very easy to just pick up and play. There's no need to much thought or preparation.

It's an isometric hack n' slash game that derives most of its motivation from an every-increasing pool of loot.

If you though WoW was very loot-focused,,,wait until you play Diablo III.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the other posters before me already showed you there are a lot of interesting and easy ways of getting updated with current events, but even if you don't want to read/watch them, the game itself will give you a very through explanation of everything important. One of the biggest lore villains, King Leoric (a.k.a. The Black King, a.k.a. The Skelleton King) has a dungeon full of ghosts depicting his most relevant lore moments inside his dungeon leading up to his king himself. There are also many ingame books spread around the many zones explaining intereting facts and the best of it all, they are audio-books, you don't have to stop your mindless demon slaughter to listen to them.

Thanks alot!

This is very much what i was looking for, the community seems more straightforward then the wow one.

Cheers, and cu you all in the world of Diablo :P

Oh and after watching those recaps, you need to watch this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=geuAc8F7Gt0