Thread: Beta Leveling

Beta Leveling

Has anyone been able to determine the "optimal" current spec/pet combo for leveling right now?

I think it's demonology with glyph of demon hunter. Take Harvest life talent and AOE fest (HoG, HL and immolation) everything without dying

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been having great success with the Voidlord and Affliction multi-dotting/Harvest life. But I have always been biased to Affliction.

This also makes my survivability on Gilneaus a little better because I am more comfortable with the affliction pvp the destro/demo.

For talents i'm going Harvest Life >Shadowfury > Soul Link > Burning rush/Bloodfear(if I plan on ganking) > Supremacy.

Deleted
    Harvest life is really great for leveling indeed, a must have!

i been really enjoying leving as demo idk why lol

i've been running destro with soul leech, mortal coil, sacrificial pact, blood fear, grimoire of supremacy. i did half of jade forest as affliction with the same talents but with harvest life instead of soul leech. pet wise i have used everything since there is no real difference in the dps they do.

anyway so far for me i have much preferred destro, i feel i kill stuff a lot quicker than affliction, between mortal coil, soul leech, health stone and ember tap (heals for crap loads) i have more than enough healing to keep me up and no life tapping needed to gain mana i can just go mob to mob with no downtime at all.

so by the looks of it so far for leveling i'm personally going to go destro but will more than likely have my second spec as affliction for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Glyph of demon hunter is pretty useless now.
    From my experienc, I would say useless in PvE? Yes. Useless for leveling? nope, probably best. PvP? Well, go and duel a frost mage in Dark Apotheosis with harvest life and come back to share your experience

Deleted
    demonhunter glyph, soullink, harvest of life (because soul leech is buggy atm and its better for AoE), supremacy, burning rush. Thats quite awesome for leveling, although dmg reduction of demon hunter glyph seems to be buggy atm. It gives a lot more mobility and AoE options, since you are always close to the fury cap.
    I also tried destro, but it´s only really good for fighting against 1 oder 2 mobs at the same time (easily bombing 5+ mobs with demo).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    From my experienc, I would say useless in PvE? Yes. Useless for leveling? nope, probably best. PvP? Well, go and duel a frost mage in Dark Apotheosis with harvest life and come back to share your experience
    With the last beta changes (Chaos Wave replacing Hand of Gul'dan, Doom replacing Corruption, double cost of Soul Fire), you don't generate enough Fury in Dark Apotheosis, so it was great before, but now he's right, it's useless. I hope they revert it back.
    Anyway since 15766 build, DA is just crashing the game, so maybe they've intended to make some changes to that spell.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-05-12 at 01:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    With the last beta changes (Chaos Wave replacing Hand of Gul'dan, Doom replacing Corruption, double cost of Soul Fire), you don't generate enough Fury in Dark Apotheosis, so it was great before, but now he's right, it's useless. I hope they revert it back.
    Anyway since 15766 build, DA is just crashing the game, so maybe they've intended to make some changes to that spell.
    The tooltip of Metamorphosis: Chaos Wave says:
    While using Metamorphosis, your Hand of Gul'dan spell transforms into Chaos Wave. This transformation does not affect Dark Apotheosis

The last sentence only shows up when you have DA glyph activated.
    Don´t know if it is already working that way, because when i use DA, my game crashed and i can´t log on my warlock anymore =/. already had to create a new one to check this tooltip again
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2012-05-12 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    The tooltip of Metamorphosis: Chaos Wave says:
    While using Metamorphosis, your Hand of Gul'dan spell transforms into Chaos Wave. This transformation does not affect Dark Apotheosis

The last sentence only shows up when you have DA glyph activated.
    Don´t know if it is already working that way, because when i use DA, my game crashed and i can´t log on my warlock anymore =/. already had to create a new one to check this tooltip again
    Oh yeah you're right, both Chaos Wave and Doom tooltips have been updated and now say that it won't affect DA. Good to know they still care about it.
    Maybe they've finally even fixed the damage reduction of DA, which had never worked correctly since beta started. One can dream