Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t know. At all. But I won’t pick movies for the fun, like you all do. Like Pulp Fiction and horror films. I would choose carefully between educational documentaries and tales of friendship, love, and what is important in life.

1.LotR (series)- would hope to read them the books when they are young at bedtime and then show them the movies. See how their imaginations differ from the films.
    2.Young Frankenstein- First movie I sat and watched with my dad, maybe if he is still kicking we can have three generations watching it together.
    3. man with no name trilogy (fistful of dollars,few dollars more,good bad ugly)- All kids should see Clint Eastwood being a badass.
    4. Finding Nemo- Saw this with my six year old nephew and after he started asking questions about life/fish/animation. Pixar tends to get the kids thinking while entertaining.
    5. Life of Brian- This is assuming they are older and can appreciate the humor. If I did a good enough job raising them then they will love this. Yes I judge the quality of my parenting on my children's ability to understand monty python...don't judge.
    Its a funny world we live in!

Too many movies to pick from but LOTR and Avatar are definatly two( or 4 if you count LOTR seperately) of them.
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Third page and I don't think I saw The Shawshank Redemption listed even once. I weep for the future.

LOTR
    Avengers
    Inception
    The Goonies
    Harry Potter

Quote Originally Posted by Poppey View Post
    I would not force my children to watch movies I like. They can watch what they like.
    Well thats not how you raise a kid...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lord of the Rings Return of the King didn't win 11 Oscars for nothing. Epic series.

The Lion King A must-see, really. If you ask people born in late 80's or early 90's what movie they remember from their childhood, it's most probably going to be The Lion King.

Comet in Moominland Another must-see, at least for Finnish people. I still love to watch this after all these years. Moomins never get old.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 I don't understand the appeal they hold for me, but I love these to bits.

Skeleton Key Not a very popular movie, I think, but got this one for Christmas a few years back. Wouldn't have believed I'd love it as much as I did. Loved the surprise at the end.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

1. The Godfather (As a trilogy, but the 2nd was best): This is by far the best Mafia movie out there and the lineup of the actors can compete with Untouchables.
    2. Lord of the Rings (Third part was the best in my opinion): Just epic, epic, epic and Aragorn
    3. Expandables: Best way to show what action stars made the last decades of action movies!
    4. Heat: How to let the biggest guys in method acting play against each other while they only met thrice in the whole movie.
    5. Difficult choice here, because Rambo, Rocky, Transporter, Forrest Gump, Saving Privat Ryan, Dark Knight, Gost Rider, Iron Man and Transformers left and even Scarface, The Untouchables, Goodfellas, James Bond (with Sean Connery for sure!) and that hot Angelina in Tomb Raider... I hate to decide which movie.... but this place will be reserved for Gladiator. Best movie with Russell Crowe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rambo First Blood Part 2
    Back to the Future
    The Goonies
    Speed
    The Wedding Singer
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

15+ Year Old Account
    Harry Potter - I would insist they read the books first. Maybe twice.
    Dr Strangelove - This movie did so much for me when I was young. Really introduced me to dark humour in an interesting way.
    The Avengers - It's very new, but I feel like this sort of movie could really spark a kids interest in comics.
    The Hammer Horror Films - I know its several separate movies, but they are classic and would introduce horror in a proper way.
    Ghostbusters - One of my favourite and best comedies of all time. The dialogue in that movie holds up so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Third page and I don't think I saw The Shawshank Redemption listed even once. I weep for the future.
    Shawshank is a great film. I am surprised by a few people stating Pulp Fiction. I guess I just never got the appeal of that movie.

1) Spirited Away
    2) District 9
    3) LotR
    4) Howl's Moving Castle
    5) The Lion King

Man on Fire
    Unthinkable
    Forrest Gump
    A Few Good Men
    Robin Hood(Disney one)

1. LoTR
    2. Star Wars
    3. Saving Private Ryan
    4. Die Hard
    5. Spaceballs

i tried to pick movies that are iconic, age well, and could be enjoyed by future generations.

The Matrix (but not the sequels)
    Star Wars trilogy
    Schindlers List
    The Green Mile
    Indiana Jones trilogy

1. LotR
    2. V for Vendetta
    3. Matrix
    4. Pulp fiction
    5. Shawshanks Redemption

LoTRO
    Star Wars
    The Lion King
    Spirited Away
    and when they are a little older
    Princess Mononoke

This is a list for my kids, not necessarily my favorites but things I want them to see.

Forrest Gump - Super fun movie, probably my all time favorite. Definitely child worthy
    The Avenger's - I would put Dark Knight here, but I'm sure a kid would fall asleep. The Avenger's is so much more appealing, and just as good.
    I Am Legend - Gotta let them enjoy some Will Smith action, and this one has an interesting enough plot they'll enjoy, scary enough for them but not horrendous, and not ridiculously long.
    The Iron Giant - As a kid I loved this movie, now that I'm older I still appreciate it. Pretty nice plot too, is actually one of the better animated kids movies out there.
    Toy Story - I'm not huge on Disney (Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid, etc are all fairly mehish to me) but pixar films are the shit. My favorite has to be Toy Story series though. If I have to choose just one, I'd settle on number 2, but they're all phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

1. LOTR
    2. Star Wars - Original Trilogy
    3. Back to the Future
    4. Toy Story Trilogy (No. 4/5 are all going to be shown when they're like 3-10 yrs old)
    5. Lion King

10+ Year Old Account
    Need only one: Good Will Hunting