Page 1 of 2
LastLast

First play through Solo

Anyone else doing this? Spending your first play through of the game (normal difficulty) by yourself? I enjoy doing this because it lets you work at your own pace and not rush through the content. I did the same with D2 (actually, my first play through of D2 was in off-line mode), and I will do it with D3. Anyone else?

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you carry your single player character over to multiplayer and vice versa this time? It was always annoying generating a brand new map every time I entered a new server. Running around looking for the exit for 10 minutes got annoying in Diablo 2.

At any rate, I'll run my first time online, to get a feel for it with others to spend time with. Then, I'll start my second character solo.

In Beta the map was the same. There isn't really "single player" and "multiplayer" characters in D3. All your characters are stored online. You can join games or host games based around certain quests. Say I want to fight the boss of Act 1 by myself, I could do so, or I could join a group who is doing it also.

Single player first yes. I like figuring it out all for the first time on my own and going at my own pace.

i am going to be 3manning most of it when we are all online but we are also all "explore everything" type players
    Last edited by Cow; 2012-05-12 at 12:56 AM.

add another vote for single player first! i think it'll be much more enjoyable, at least the first time, without having to try and pay attention to what anyone else is doing

Deleted
    Nah, not single player for me, I am going to play through for the first few hours of release with my lovely husband, we shall probably end up having a domestic if he runs off to kill barrels for 3 hours leaving me to die, spends half of his time trying to decide which gear to keep, or spends the entire hour chasing me and trying to throw jars of spiders on my head like he did in the beta but I'm sure it'll be fine /prays.

Then I'll be playing with some good friends on and off for the first week or two, have my two best friends playing with us on Wednesday and really looking forward to that. I have a lot of great people I'm going to have some fun with, so probably be a few weeks at least, perhaps more, before I set foot in a public game.

Going with 2 friends, but we'd like another dude/girl to join us!

My girlfriend is probably going to solo it, and I'll help her when she needs it, because she's so lawl at videogames, haha.

Gonna play with my brother who wants to explore and know the lore as bad as me so we are gonna explore everything at prolly the same pace.

Edit: I am extremely sad that the limit is 4 players though :S since we are a group of 6-7 friends who would love to play it together.
    Last edited by Synithin; 2012-05-11 at 09:26 PM.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh Ill probably spend most of the normal mode rolling solo learning the ropes. I didnt get into beta and was not aware of the open beta weekend that came up, was busy anyways. So I know every little about what D3 will be like other than the obvious carry overs from D2.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Oh Ill probably spend most of the normal mode rolling solo learning the ropes. I didnt get into beta and was not aware of the open beta weekend that came up, was busy anyways. So I know every little about what D3 will be like other than the obvious carry overs from D2.
    Trust me, you will love it.

Single player first, because I want an unspoiled experience, explore everything on my own pace, test different combination of abilities, AFK whenever I want and so on. Will use multiplayer only when I'm seriously bored with singleplayer, consider myself familiar with all classes and just want some monster-slaying action.

Yep, definitely. My first normal mode run will be private, just me. After that I'll be in a real ID/battletag room where my friends can join whenever.

Im kinda torn between running it solo or with a friend, i most certainly WONT be doing a public game but i might group with someone i know that is playing.

I will be exploring all the nooks and crannies on single player, while going at my own pace for normal mode. Gonna take in all the lore moments without trying to hold anyone up, before sinking my teeth in with multi-player and harder difficulties.

I'm experiencing D3 on the first run through either alone or with friends when they're online. Definitely better that way than going into a group of strangers that may just want to charge ahead instead of stick around and smell the corpses a bit =)

Based on my beta experience the game is way way more fun playing with a couple friends BSing in vent or whatever. I'll be doing that again.

But of course. Want to listen to everything, see everything. Kill everything too xD

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to play my first run in a group of four friends. We've decided to watch each story thing once, then skip for future passes.

I'll be playing with my husband and maybe a few friends. I prefer to play with groups of people.