Unable to install?

Just downloaded D3 (not one complete download though, was taking too long so had to cancel to play a cs mix) And it says "Decryption error contact customer services" Is this meant to be happening right now, or is my install bugged.

Any help is awesome as always thanks in advance

You can't install until the 14th I believe.

you cant install diablo 3 yet just curious whats ur folder size? mine is 7.6gb

Quote Originally Posted by Stankymcgee View Post
    You can't install until the 14th I believe.
    The 14th at 8 AM PDT.

The OBVIOUS answer is to contact customer service. MMO-Champion is not customer service. The game sometimes screws up when you cancel a download midway. Obviously, CUSTOMER SERVICE could identify the problem and help you fix it far faster than a group of people on the forums who probably not encountered said problem.

And by the way, idiots who presume to answer a question without knowing what you're talking about: The game does not give this error message when you try to install (the game simply tells you it has yet to release). So stop being fools and keep quiet when you don't know anything about the subject.
    Last edited by Hottie4Hire; 2012-05-11 at 10:53 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wish we could install early
    "Words and thoughts. The connection between the two. Without words, thoughts cannot be conveyed. Without thoughts, there are no words. They are both as vital as each other. They can never be divided. Like the wings of angels."

Elhaym Van Houten -Xenogears

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Just downloaded D3 (not one complete download though, was taking too long so had to cancel to play a cs mix) And it says "Decryption error contact customer services" Is this meant to be happening right now, or is my install bugged.

Any help is awesome as always thanks in advance
    I had the same thing, I couldnt find the file that would start the install after the download, I to cancelled mid way through, and according to some post on the diablo forums this would cause the download to not work, I am currently downloading again

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    you cant install diablo 3 yet just curious whats ur folder size? mine is 7.6gb
    15.6GB somehow, on the actual install button when i click it, 7.6gb was the original download :/

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    And by the way, idiots who presume to answer a question without knowing what you're talking about: The game does not give this error message when you try to install (the game simply tells you it has yet to release). So stop being fools and keep quiet when you don't know anything about the subject.

hit the install button, agree to Terms and you get this.

i will say try to redownload it just in case and you can pre install it at the 14th

Just to further clarify, as others have said, that error ("Decryption error contact customer services") has nothing to do with the install not being unlocked until the 14th. The error message you receive if you try to install before the 14th is..
    The fire from the sky still falls.
    Diablo III has not yet launched.
    The error message you've received sounds like some of the install files have corrupted somehow during the download process or you've tried to move them.
    Also, judging by the file size of the folder it sounds like it's attempted/completed downloading the files twice and could be causing the problems.
    You should have 8 files and one sub folder ("Diablo III Setup.app) in the folder you've chosen as the temporary location for the install files:
    Diablo III Setup.exe
    external_resources.rcc
    Installer Tome1.MPQE
    Installer Tome2.MPQE
    Installer Tome3.MPQE
    Launcher.db
    SetupOSX.mpq
    SetupWin.mpq

Look at the file sizes, Installer Tome2 & 3 are the largest files at 4.111GB and 3.746GB respectively. If you have doubles of any of the files or the file sizes exceed those listed then I suggest deleting doubles first and if it still doesn't work then delete it all and re-download.

Personally I would sooner just re-download all the files than contact customer service.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you successfully got the install window to launch and it tells you it isnt ready yet, you're golden.

I thought my downloader failed when it seemed to just hang at the 7.60gigs mark. I checked the folder and found the setup installer. Ran it for giggles just to see if it would at least run and it gave the same window with that message for the install. I think it's safe to assume I'm good to go, but the file size of one of the MPQs doesn't seem entirely right, but meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    The 14th at 8 AM PDT.
    This has been stated for the US, however I for one couldn't find anything regarding the installer unlock for EU and Asia.

My thread here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-launch-times has 8 in the morning marked as the installer unlock for each respective timezone (CST for Asia, CEST for Europe and PDT for Americas), but that's just an assumption.

If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it so I can fix it in that thread.

If the installer unlocks for all regions at 8 AM PDT, that means the US will get 16 hours to install, while Asia will get 1 hour. Not to say that the install would take longer than 1 hour, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    This has been stated for the US, however I for one couldn't find anything regarding the installer unlock for EU and Asia.

My thread here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-launch-times has 8 in the morning marked as the installer unlock for each respective timezone (CST for Asia, CEST for Europe and PDT for Americas), but that's just an assumption.

If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it so I can fix it in that thread.

If the installer unlocks for all regions at 8 AM PDT, that means the US will get 16 hours to install, while Asia will get 1 hour. Not to say that the install would take longer than 1 hour, but still.
    Bashiok confirmed on twitter that it would unlock at 8:01 PDT for all regions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Bashiok confirmed on twitter that it would unlock at 8:01 PDT for all regions.
    Well meh, I couldn't find that and I worked my ass off to make sure that thread of mine is accurate, and thought I scoured through all of his tweets... But I'll take your word for it and make the necessary adjustments on the thread (which sadly has sunk to like the fifth page already, so I don't know if it's even useful, but what the hey).

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Well meh, I couldn't find that and I worked my ass off to make sure that thread of mine is accurate, and thought I scoured through all of his tweets... But I'll take your word for it and make the necessary adjustments on the thread (which sadly has sunk to like the fifth page already, so I don't know if it's even useful, but what the hey).

Thanks.
    I'll try and find it for you now, but I'm sure some of his tweets have been deleted as I couldn't find a few things earlier.

I'd suggest adding your new information as a reply as well as updating the original post - so people actually know the thread has been updated. As long as you're adding new/relevant information that's fine

Deleted
    I'll try and find it for you now, but I'm sure some of his tweets have been deleted as I couldn't find a few things earlier.
    Don't worry about it. If you say it's been said then that's enough.

I'd suggest adding your new information as a reply as well as updating the original post - so people actually know the thread has been updated.
    Yeah I did that, and to my surprise I actually bumped the thread. I thought you couldn't bump a thread where the last post is from you as it just adds your new posts to the old one, but apparently it only does so for like that day or something.

Anyway, updated the information. Thanks again.

Deleted
    Didn't find the tweet but found this instead

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/4371...ide-11_05_2012

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Early Install
    We will be unlocking the game's installer at 17:01 CEST on May 14. This will allow you to begin installing the game, troubleshoot any issues you run into, download and install the launch day 1.0.1 patch, and be ready to play as soon as the servers come online.