Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Summer 2013 with my luck.
    Oh come on, we both know its this summer.

We're all going to have companions in this game that we really hate. It's a shame that BioWare doesn't believe we should be able to spec our companions. That would add so much more variety and enjoyability to the game.

For example, there is absolutely no reason why a DPS companion like Kira should not be allowed to play as a shadow tank. I'm really kind of disappointed with their thoughts on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    But why couldn't they do that with other characters? >.> Azshara is REALLY getting on my nerves. Trying to get affection with this prissy little bitch is a pain in the ass if you play darkside, or female or SPECIALLY if you play darkside female. =(
    So you and others complain about how some/one companion gets big story options and that is appearently completely valid but when I ask for companions to have options in battle I'm the one with a LACK OF IMAGINATION.

Jeez you seem smart in other threads but you prove to be a *fluffy bunny* here shutting down my want for a better game.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post

For example, there is absolutely no reason why a DPS companion like Kira should not be allowed to play as a shadow tank. I'm really kind of disappointed with their thoughts on this.
    I know right!?!? That's what I'm saying, Bioware pulls some BS justification out of their ass about companions not breaking their character but it seems they can't even follow that! Kira went around cloaked in a cutscene, she uses a double bladed lightsaber she's clearly a shadow but for no friggin reason she don't get a tank spec to be more useful for sentinels.

Bioware was just too ignorant to make some companions more diverseable while others are.

I just expect better from my games, to improve them but too many people are too content to kiss a companies ass rather then see a suggestion/opinion from another customer.

Please keep things civil and don't call other people names.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-05-13 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you and others complain about how some/one companion gets big story options and that is appearently completely valid but when I ask for companions to have options in battle I'm the one with a LACK OF IMAGINATION.

Jeez you seem smart in other threads but you prove to be a hypocritical ignorant jerk here shutting down my want for a better game.
    I see you actually being what you described when someone doesn't agree with what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post

Bioware was just too ignorant to make some companions more diverseable while others are.

I just expect better from my games, to improve them but too many people are too content to kiss a companies ass rather then see a suggestion/opinion from another customer.
    I agree with what you want, but read how you phrased it (and remember that you're not on Bioware's site yelling at them and it comes off badly.

While I'm sure some companions thematically wouldn't be a healer or tank, I'd still have liked more options to customize their capabilities to use the ones I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I see you actually being what you described when someone doesn't agree with what you say.
    I never said other companions shouldn't have janessa like story complexity while asking for playability complexity, so I'm not being hypocritical. I pointed someone else for being hypocritical the other way but I didn't ask for the opposite. And I know that things like Kira being a shadow is obvious yet Bioware don't give her the same options as shadows, so not ignorant...

Seems like you are just hating because you don't like more ideas put into the game because you don't need them. Where did I do that?

I'm trying to generate ideas to expand game options while others would rather kiss Biowares ass and get nowhere then listen to the troubles of others like me and advise to fix them.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I agree with what you want, but read how you phrased it (and remember that you're not on Bioware's site yelling at them and it comes off badly.

While I'm sure some companions thematically wouldn't be a healer or tank, I'd still have liked more options to customize their capabilities to use the ones I liked.
    Thank you for being a reasonable person.

I do realize I get worked up far too much over these issues but I hate when elitests and peoples who are so in love with the company are ignorant to them.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-05-12 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    I know right!?!? That's what I'm saying, Bioware pulls some BS justification out of their ass about companions not breaking their character but it seems they can't even follow that! Kira went around cloaked in a cutscene, she uses a double bladed lightsaber she's clearly a shadow but for no friggin reason she don't get a tank spec to be more useful for sentinels.
    So just because she's a shadow she needs to be a tank? I'm gonna have to tell a lot of players they need to be more useful for me and I'm gonna respec them to tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    you prove to be a hypocritical ignorant jerk here shutting down my want for a better game.
    Your wants do not compare to anyones needs. Is it necessary for you to get your way for EVERY aspect of a game? Its not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    So just because she's a shadow she needs to be a tank? I'm gonna have to tell a lot of players they need to be more useful for me and I'm gonna respec them to tank.
    When you make your character, and at level 10 when you choose an AC and a spec, you decide what course you take. While I respect that certain Companions might have a plotline that pushes them to a certain "class", that doesn't mean we shouldn't have any options for how our favorite NPC might interact with us in a situation. Just as we can't dictate the plotline of our class outside of certain choices, we can't change the plot and such of the companions.

But that doesn't mean a little more latitude in the companions abilities would somehow break the game.

When you make your character, and at level 10 when you choose an AC and a spec, you decide what course you take. While I respect that certain Companions might have a plotline that pushes them to a certain "class", that doesn't mean we shouldn't have any options for how our favorite NPC might interact with us in a situation. Just as we can't dictate the plotline of our class outside of certain choices, we can't change the plot and such of the companions.

But that doesn't mean a little more latitude in the companions abilities would somehow break the game.
    with-in reason, the companions have abilites you can turn on or off, and have a combat form. While you can't falt out change them, there is some leeway. For example, with Mako she has attacks and heals, an attack form, and a healing form. If you wanted her to be only dps you can deactivate her healing abilities and put her in blaster stance, or you can do the reverse so she only heals. There's no reason to make it so any character can fill any roll. The main thing they were trying to balance was each class got 1 healer, 1 melee dps, 1 range dps, 1 melee tank, and 1 range tank. After that they had fun trying to make each companion unique in order to fill those roles.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Break the game, definetly not. On the other hand, I understand (and agree) with Bioware`s point of view here. They want each companion to have a role which somewhat fits the lore too. It is possible to do the leveling with any companion out, just that some combos require more attention. They aren`t particularly more difficult in terms of combat, in my opinion (because most mobs die really fast, avoid elites if in trouble, cooldowns for the quest ones which are pretty rare), but it requires more patience and probably adds a lot more downtime. A trade-off between leveling at max efficiency and leveling with a companion that you enjoy. Proof of the viability of this is on this very forum, someone leveled up to 50 without any companion; now that`s going to make it a lot harder, but possible nonetheless.
    It can add a bit of technical difficulties too. The tank/healer companions already have a "DPS stance", but their abilities aren`t that great for the role. Due to the limitation of fitting them all on one bar (including the attack and move commands, and two stances which all have), there is not much room to go beyond that.

Finally, if the ideas themselves are presented (in this thread) in forms of insults (I can count up to 3 in the same post that asked for this), it doesn`t count as giving ideas or constructive feedback anymore. It`s also implying that this is a very serious issue, when in reality there are other things which are far more important than this.

with-in reason, the companions have abilites you can turn on or off, and have a combat form. While you can't falt out change them, there is some leeway. For example, with Mako she has attacks and heals, an attack form, and a healing form. If you wanted her to be only dps you can deactivate her healing abilities and put her in blaster stance, or you can do the reverse so she only heals. There's no reason to make it so any character can fill any roll. The main thing they were trying to balance was each class got 1 healer, 1 melee dps, 1 range dps, 1 melee tank, and 1 range tank. After that they had fun trying to make each companion unique in order to fill those roles.
    Sure, as I said, I'm not saying every character should have all 3 roles, but if each of the 5 had the option of dps and one of the other spec's. Mostly I'd have liked at least one more healer. The 1 healer can also be dps, the two tanks can also be dps, allowing he other 2 dps to have a backup role wouldn't harm things overmuch.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maky13 View Post
    It can add a bit of technical difficulties too. The tank/healer companions already have a "DPS stance", but their abilities aren`t that great for the role. Due to the limitation of fitting them all on one bar (including the attack and move commands, and two stances which all have), there is not much room to go beyond that.
    I really would love the ability to modify the petbar too, seems silly not to. (sort of irksome when I'm toggling their AE abilites in a CC situation and have to find them)

Sure, as I said, I'm not saying every character should have all 3 roles, but if each of the 5 had the option of dps and one of the other spec's. Mostly I'd have liked at least one more healer. The 1 healer can also be dps, the two tanks can also be dps, allowing he other 2 dps to have a backup role wouldn't harm things overmuch.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 08:17 PM ----------

I really would love the ability to modify the petbar too, seems silly not to. (sort of irksome when I'm toggling their AE abilites in a CC situation and have to find them)
    People are too stubborn to see the logic of options. Like Argroth said, they would rather lick a company's boot blindly then see the opinions/options of others. Kira is a shadow consular, He never said that she HAS to be a tank but she SHOULD have options like many of the other companions have. For arbitrary reasons Bioware limited her options with the feeble explanation of "character".

They would rather other players suffer then the company actually thinking things through or helping people out.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    People are too stubborn to see the logic of options. Like Argroth said, they would rather lick a company's boot blindly then see the opinions/options of others. Kira is a shadow consular, He never said that she HAS to be a tank but she SHOULD have options like many of the other companions have. For arbitrary reasons Bioware limited her options with the feeble explanation of "character".

They would rather other players suffer then the company actually thinking things through or helping people out.
    I'd say it's as much the environment of the forum, fans of the game are quite used to folks coming in to throw accusations at the game, the developers or the fans. So sometimes they're a bit too quick on the trigger to "counter" it by attacking. No biggie, except for all the infractions/suspensions/bans that can come of it if folks would just phrase stuff better.

As the other poster said above, Bioware had 5 categories and made sure each class got 1 of each. A little broadening of the scope would have been handy, but then I'd have liked a few more options all around.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Doesn`t have anything to do with stubborn-ness. I agree that adding more customization would be a good thing. However: it`s not "as easy" as it seems. Like I said above, the tank/healer companions (especially healer) do very subpar DPS due to the fact that half+ of their abilities are centered around their tank/healer role. If they would all have a second spec, they would end up being subpar in the DPS spec (or totally useless in the tank/heal spec, due to missing key stuff like taunt). Thus, in order to fix that, they would need to change how the companion abilities and companion bar works. Even a "simple" fix of adding more buttons can be more complicated to implement than it actually seems, and adding even more customization (like swapping abilities in/out) can be even more complicated, from a technical point of view.

I completely disagree with the fact that it`s game breaking in any way. It requires more patience and possibly adds more downtime, but it`s not like the game is unplayable.

Lastly, I don`t think we are "licking the company`s boots". I understand their reasoning. I just don`t think that a minor issue like this is enough of a reason to claim the game is broken or call Bioware retarded/stupid.

Also It sucks that no Non-force users get a true force user companion. This is less important then companions having equal/logical options but it does suck to not have that variety. Guss Tuno doesn't even use jedi powers to heal but they act it up like he was close to becoming a real jedi.

I also know that people will yell even louder that "it dosn't make sense for a jedi to follow a trooper!" though like they make up the rules of the universe and that there is no instance in all of history of a jedi accompanying a non force user on a mission/life.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also It sucks that no Non-force users get a true force user companion. This is less important then companions having equal/logical options but it does suck to not have that variety. Guss Tuno doesn't even use jedi powers to heal but they act it up like he was close to becoming a real jedi.

I also know that people will yell even louder that "it dosn't make sense for a jedi to follow a trooper!" though like they make up the rules of the universe and that there is no instance in all of history of a jedi accompanying a non force user on a mission/life.
    Well, at least on the Imperial side, you find that Sith are above all others in the hierarchy. In a society based on power structures, having someone who is a Sith follow someone who is not capable of using the force would be demeaning and degrading to that character. No Sith would stand for it, so the lore supports that particular situation. My guess would be that to "balance" things out between the mirror classes, since non-force user imperials don't get force using companions, the republic versions shouldn't either int he name of balance.

Not saying it's right, but you would have people complaining about such a difference on the forums. Hell, people will complain about anything.

I'm not blindly licking anyone's boots. I just don't see the need for change. I played with the companions I wanted, no reason you can't either.

10+ Year Old Account

Every companion has their own personal STORY. Sometimes, filling every role just wouldn't fit their story or niche. You can level with any companion out-regardless of your class and spec. I don't see the need to change things that already work.

I'm not blindly licking anyone's boots. I just don't see the need for change. I played with the companions I wanted, no reason you can't either.
    Are you surprised people have different skill levels or something? Are you that self centered you think everyone can or should play exactly as you do? By denying options it seems that you are. You'd rather do nothing then see people get helped/have logical options

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Every companion has their own personal STORY. Sometimes, filling every role just wouldn't fit their story or niche. You can level with any companion out-regardless of your class and spec. I don't see the need to change things that already work.
    I forgot the part where someone said EVERY companion should have the option to play EVERY role. I was just silly and read that they should all have equal options for different players and their play styles. Oh no wait, YOU are the one who read things wrong and stayed to your little close-minded ways.

You are sooooo stuck on your misguided point of story fitting companions roles but I don't seem to remember the part in Kiras story where she says "I hate Tanking even though I'm a shadow with the option of it" or "I will never take damage for you despite being a jedi shadow who is perfectly capable of being a Tank". What I do remember is every part of her gameplay showing that she is a jedi shadow and as one she should have the option of tank just like any player shadow.