Deleted

How many people pre-ordered Diablo 3?

Is there any rough estimate available on how many people have bought D3?

More people have pre-ordered Diablo 3 than any other game....ever. The number probably won't be public till the day of release cause it's still rising.

The next two games are WoW: Cataclysm and Starcraft II. Blizzard pwns the video game market? yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

Keep in mind though that the high sales are including the WoW Annual passes....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we probably won't get the final tally until a week or so after launch. Though its probably a safe bet that it will set records. Maybe even approach the mighty CoD MW3? Doubtful, but we'll know soon enough.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Amazon released a statement claiming it's the most pre ordered PC game in their history, yeah it's gonna do pretty well :P

http://www.gamezone.com/products/dia...d-pc-game-ever

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsa View Post
    Keep in mind though that the high sales are including the WoW Annual passes....
    No it does not..check the AMAZON statemets

^ thats what I meant

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think they hold the record but i could be mistaken.

they stated that d3 was the record holder for pre-orders among blizzard titles, but im not sure they are the record holder for most pre-orders of all time. again i could be mistaken. and yes amazon did state that d3 was the record holder amongst game titles bought thru them.

safest bet is to wait a few days/weeks after launch to get a final asnwer. that being said i didnt/havent preordered

Quote Originally Posted by Papir View Post
    No it does not..check the AMAZON statemets

^ thats what I meant
    Taken from the link provided to Amazons statement:

While Activision announced that Diablo 3 was the developer's most pre-ordered title ever, the assessment included the World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers, who are entitled to a free copy of Diablo 3 through a special promotion requiring a year-long subscription.

And the post is only about preorders on Amazons own site...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsa View Post
    Taken from the link provided to Amazons statement:

While Activision announced that Diablo 3 was the developer's most pre-ordered title ever, the assessment included the World of Warcraft Annual Pass subscribers, who are entitled to a free copy of Diablo 3 through a special promotion requiring a year-long subscription.

And the post is only about preorders on Amazons own site...
    I see my bad than :P didnt saw that xD

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJohn View Post
    More people have pre-ordered Diablo 3 than any other game....ever. The number probably won't be public till the day of release cause it's still rising.

The next two games are WoW: Cataclysm and Starcraft II. Blizzard pwns the video game market? yep.
    No. Just no. It's the highest PC game ever. Keep in mind there are FEW AAA games that are PC exclusive.

Amazon in EU (several different websites de , fr, uk) indicates they no longer can guarantee the delivery date.

It is the SECOND time around someone at Amazon fxxcked up with a Diablo franchise.

Remember the first one was the out of stock Diablo Cain book.

In both cases Amazon ordered way too few copies... they ran out of stock even before the launch

Mmm does anyone remember 2004 ... and another little Blizzard game that was going through this phase ...

While pre-order records get me excited, I'm more interested in knowing the total amount of copies sold like a month after launch

Quote Originally Posted by Teck12 View Post
    While pre-order records get me excited, I'm more interested in knowing the total amount of copies sold like a month after launch
    This is exactly how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJohn View Post
    In short record breaking amount of people

I pre ordered the 1st day I could god I can't wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teck12 View Post
    Im more interested in knowing day 1 sales. I believe WoW: Cata had 3.2M day 1 and Wow: Wotlk 2.8M ( not 100% sure )

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah we probably won't get the final tally until a week or so after launch. Though its probably a safe bet that it will set records. Maybe even approach the mighty CoD MW3? Doubtful, but we'll know soon enough.
    Thats cuz there are no 12 year old sheep buying it because they don't have a PC. THANK GOD

Quote Originally Posted by Antifanatic View Post
    Im more interested in knowing day 1 sales. I believe WoW: Cata had 3.2M day 1 and Wow: Wotlk 2.8M ( not 100% sure )
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_o...ataclysm#Sales

"Cataclysm sold more than 3.3 million copies in the first 24 hours of its release including digital presales, and 4.7 million copies in its first month of release. It holds the distinction as the fastest selling PC game, overtaking the former holder World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King which sold 2.8 million copies in its first 24 hours. It also holds the record for the most number of copies sold for a PC game in the first month"